Broken again?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JohnHC

Re: Broken again?

Postby JohnHC » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:31 am

And even uglier news. Dr's office is giving me the insurance discount on his charges for this surgery bringing it from $5000 down to $3000. Unfortunately because insurance screwed them over they won't schedule it or do the surgery until I pay them $3300 ( $3000 for the surgery and $300 previous charges.) This is just his charges, not the hospital or anthesia charges. I'm already tapped out on everything I can readily get money from, all the credit cards are maxed because of having to pay for the two earlier surgeries and my wife also has a procedure that needs to be done. And my primary Dr already sent in the surgical clearance so that's only good for 30 days leaving me pretty much no time to get the money together. I just love it when insurance screws you worse than the government
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:09 pm

I can now say with pretty much 100% certainty that my issue is the reservoir line coming apart. I can feel down the line from the pump somewhere around 2 to 3 inches and feel a collar, sleeve, connector something about twice as thick as the line then nothing the other side and if I feel around there a bit more but keeping hold of the collar thing. I can feel another line maybe within an inch. So yeah the reservoir line has unplugged. So since the Drs office won't allow the surgery unless I pay upfront, how easy would it be to cut my ball sack open, flush the lines, refill with saline and connect it back together? Yes I'm being sarcastic but really I've pretty much paid for this twice over and both times gotten defective equipment so this one should be fully on them.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:07 am

Perhaps time for a mallabble since your insurance sucks and chances of it failing are greatly reduced .. I have one they do ok ... read thedriver posts ..had 4 revisions went to a Genies mallabble very happy with it ..

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:59 am

JohnHC wrote:I can now say with pretty much 100% certainty that my issue is the reservoir line coming apart. I can feel down the line from the pump somewhere around 2 to 3 inches and feel a collar, sleeve, connector something about twice as thick as the line then nothing the other side and if I feel around there a bit more but keeping hold of the collar thing. I can feel another line maybe within an inch. So yeah the reservoir line has unplugged. So since the Drs office won't allow the surgery unless I pay upfront, how easy would it be to cut my ball sack open, flush the lines, refill with saline and connect it back together? Yes I'm being sarcastic but really I've pretty much paid for this twice over and both times gotten defective equipment so this one should be fully on them.

Really frustrating, I feel for you, you would think with the cost of these IPP's that they would be bullet proof, but they would only be able to sell you one of them then, scroll thru my malleable post and really consider your own personal situation.
It is a hard decision to make, don't be swayed by a 1/2 inch or so difference between a IPP and a MPP girth.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm

thedriver wrote:
JohnHC wrote:I can now say with pretty much 100% certainty that my issue is the reservoir line coming apart. I can feel down the line from the pump somewhere around 2 to 3 inches and feel a collar, sleeve, connector something about twice as thick as the line then nothing the other side and if I feel around there a bit more but keeping hold of the collar thing. I can feel another line maybe within an inch. So yeah the reservoir line has unplugged. So since the Drs office won't allow the surgery unless I pay upfront, how easy would it be to cut my ball sack open, flush the lines, refill with saline and connect it back together? Yes I'm being sarcastic but really I've pretty much paid for this twice over and both times gotten defective equipment so this one should be fully on them.

Really frustrating, I feel for you, you would think with the cost of these IPP's that they would be bullet proof, but they would only be able to sell you one of them then, scroll thru my malleable post and really consider your own personal situation.
It is a hard decision to make, don't be swayed by a 1/2 inch or so difference between a IPP and a MPP girth.

Oh I'm not swayed by 1/2 inch here or there. I just prefer the inflatable because of it being more natural looking. I don't like the looks of a malleable, no offense. When I travel for work I like to use the pools, spas, or hot tubs and well at my age I'd prefer not to be the creepy old guy sporting a boner out there. Plus the greater risk of it wearing through the skin, whether because of misuse, having the wrong size or whatever doesn't look to be very appealing. I know some is misinformation but I've seen the pictures of it happening and have never heard of that issue with the inflatables. If something happens with the inflatable that isn't an infection, you can leave it be, but if the malleable bendy part breaks or it wears through there's no option but surgery to remove it then you really are a wet noodle, with the inflatable there is some firmness due to the cylinders, not ideal but it's there. But again they make perfect sense for some people, but for me not yet at least.

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:07 am

jus get a malleable

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 am

JohnHC wrote:
thedriver wrote:

Oh I'm not swayed by 1/2 inch here or there. I just prefer the inflatable because of it being more natural looking. I don't like the looks of a malleable, no offense. When I travel for work I like to use the pools, spas, or hot tubs and well at my age I'd prefer not to be the creepy old guy sporting a boner out there. Plus the greater risk of it wearing through the skin, whether because of misuse, having the wrong size or whatever doesn't look to be very appealing. I know some is misinformation but I've seen the pictures of it happening and have never heard of that issue with the inflatables. If something happens with the inflatable that isn't an infection, you can leave it be, but if the malleable bendy part breaks or it wears through there's no option but surgery to remove it then you really are a wet noodle, with the inflatable there is some firmness due to the cylinders, not ideal but it's there. But again they make perfect sense for some people, but for me not yet at least.

You played yourself then, the inflatable technology is not here yet which is why failures happen

the malleable can be concealed, but may harder with some clothes, price to pay for a working penis that wont fail like your did

You have weight whats important to you, using pools or spas or having a working penis

What I noticed is that if the inflatable fails in one patients, more than likely it will fail a second and third time and son, because the failure probably has more to with their anatomy itself

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am

Rufian wrote:
JohnHC wrote:
thedriver wrote:

You played yourself then, the inflatable technology is not here yet which is why failures happen

the malleable can be concealed, but may harder with some clothes, price to pay for a working penis that wont fail like your did

You have weight whats important to you, using pools or spas or having a working penis

What I noticed is that if the inflatable fails in one patients, more than likely it will fail a second and third time and son, because the failure probably has more to with their anatomy itself

Inflatable: more likely for device to fail. Device can be replaced

Malleable: more likely to cause your tissue to fail. Tissue cannot be replaced
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

iwantanewone

Postby iwantanewone » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:55 am

John HC….
It sounds like you have had more than your share of problems with AMS…. I don’t know if you’re aware that these have a “parts warranty ”. Yes, you still are supposed to pay for doctors and hospital. BUT, you can call Boston Scientific and speak to the patient liaison and tell them your situation and that you request they cover the entire cost since your failures were almost immediate! Also, if your doctor is a high-volume implant surgeon, he should have some clout with the area representative and have them speak to Boston scientific and get this covered for you… I would start screaming and not stop until they agreed to pay for everything after two failures and required surgeries and additional pain that you have encountered. They don’t like bad press and lawsuits… just start screaming and don’t give up… Good luck!

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:32 am

iwantanewone wrote:John HC….
It sounds like you have had more than your share of problems with AMS…. I don’t know if you’re aware that these have a “parts warranty ”. Yes, you still are supposed to pay for doctors and hospital. BUT, you can call Boston Scientific and speak to the patient liaison and tell them your situation and that you request they cover the entire cost since your failures were almost immediate! Also, if your doctor is a high-volume implant surgeon, he should have some clout with the area representative and have them speak to Boston scientific and get this covered for you… I would start screaming and not stop until they agreed to pay for everything after two failures and required surgeries and additional pain that you have encountered. They don’t like bad press and lawsuits… just start screaming and don’t give up… Good luck!

Yeah I've contacted my person at Boston Scientific, guess I need to get back in touch and really give her the low down because this is getting ridiculous. And for the one saying it's my anatomy no it's not, first failure because of a pinhole in the cylinder which is a defect, second one I believe the line to the reservoir came apart which if true would a Drs error possibly because the glue didn't hold or possibly the connectors used were bad or damaged. Once placed I doubt anatomy will come into play unless your partner grabbed your balls and yanked on them which could pop one of the lines. I know malleables are a way to go, but erosion of tissue isn't any fun and harder to recover from, broken inflatable you just gotta deal with replacement which is much easier. Malleable just isn't an option for me right now, maybe later though

Return to “Implants”