Malleable mistake 35 yrs ago

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strunza501

Malleable mistake 35 yrs ago

Postby strunza501 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:28 pm

I was 22 yrs old at the time, been a juvenile diabetic since age of 15, didn’t take care of myself at all. Became impotent at age 22. Nerve damage wasn’t fixable. Back then just injections were available , not much, well they didn’t work at all. So like a stupid young jerk, I agreed on a malleable implant without any research, no internet back in 1989. After surgery I was in intense pain from uncontrolled diabetes and the device failed after 5 yrs from bending constantly to hide the concealment. I did nothing for 35 yrs since then and no revisions. My health is getting worse from long term diabetes and currently lost all feeling in my penis and have severe bladder problems. I’m not going for a revision in this stage due to no women in my life and loss of feeling. A urologist told me that I should get the malleable removed since it can hamper my ability to use a catheter so I can release urine retention in my bladder. If I remove it, there will be nothing in my penis left just a shriveled up penis and it will become more of a problem to urinate and or wearing a permanent catheter for rest of my life. I’m so depressed and don’t know what to do. Well known urologists in my area don’t know what outcome will be to have completely removed. I’m 57 yrs old now I’m so depressed even typing this post.

Mark1974

Re: Malleable mistake 35 yrs ago

Postby Mark1974 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:32 pm

Both AMS and Coloplast make special IPPs that only give some girth and almost no length. They are made for difficult cases

You could potentially get one of these I think. You dont have to use it sexually, but perhaps you can keep it deflated for catheter used

I don't know your insurance situation, but potentially you could see an implantologist who can speak with you about it
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

strunza501

Postby strunza501 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:02 pm

I don’t think I can make it thru another surgery with my severe diabetes. I’m on Medicaid insurance. Well known urologist said it’s a crap shoot

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:11 pm

why not getting another Malleabe?
what was the brand and model of your Malleable?
mine is Coloplast genesis
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

strunza501

Postby strunza501 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:57 pm

I have no feeling what’s oh ever there from diabetes. Penis is gone.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:59 pm

I know you saw a well known urologist, but I would get the opinion of several other urologists before I gave up.

This one doc painted a bleak picture but others might see the situation differently.

Hang in there.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm

Erectile dysfunction is new to me, so unfortunately I can't comment on the implant situation.

As for diabetes: apparently people are reversing diabetes--even severe diabetes--by going zero carb, an extreme elimination diet. Ironically, all they're health markers are improving as well.

Might be worth looking into. There are literally tons of videos on Youtube.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Before my aquablation surgery I was having to cathetor 5 to 6 times per day with an implant in place. I did not experience any difficulty using a cathetor due to the implant. I too recommend getting second opinion from a different urologist before removing your maleable. Best of luck to you.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

Return to “Implants”