How many revisions have you had ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Old Guy

Re: How many revisions have you had ?

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:26 am

None, and I hope to keep it that way.
Holy Crap some of you have had some real bad history with your implant. 5 implants in 19 months? Definitely think I'd be looking for a different surgeon for that next one. Hope all goes well whatever you end up doing.
Sure would be good to know what fails in each implant. Tubes? Pumps? Leaks? AMS vs Titans?
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:51 am

Gt1956 wrote:Thedriver, change where you're getting your implants.

I wish I had more options here, but the Mayo in Rochester, MN. is the closest with the most experience in our state, high volume surgeon, they claim thousands of these surgeries, but still these problems.
And yes I am going to ask about the couplers for the tubing, I know they said they cut them to length, I wasn't aware of an option of factory couplings.
I will absolutely ask about that this time, I'm sure that is what happened again.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:38 pm

I don't know if it's me, but it seems the vast majority of failures on this board are Titans. I really don't hear much about AMS failures, or much fewer anyway.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:20 am

Ditto, OregonStrong. This is what I've gleaned from perusing the board. Don't hear about AMS failures as much.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:20 am

thedriver wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Thedriver, change where you're getting your implants.

I wish I had more options here, but the Mayo in Rochester, MN. is the closest with the most experience in our state, high volume surgeon, they claim thousands of these surgeries, but still these problems.
And yes I am going to ask about the couplers for the tubing, I know they said they cut them to length, I wasn't aware of an option of factory couplings.
I will absolutely ask about that this time, I'm sure that is what happened again.

All the great points that you point to at the Mayo. And yet you've had repeated failures.

Quoting you.
"I wish I had more options here, but the Mayo in Rochester, MN. is the closest with the most experience in our state, high volume surgeon, they claim thousands of these surgeries, but still these problems."

Simple fact, in your particular case. Mayo has proven that they do not fit your expectations or needs. You do have an option. If you own a car, I'd suggest to use it. Even if only to get you to an airport. Btw, isn't the Mayo a teaching hospital??? How positive are you that you're not getting a student??

Either way. I do wish you better luck no matter where you get your revision at.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:52 am

You are right on the fact of it being a educational facility, but as with any of these places your qualified surgeon is suppose to be present and eye's on the surgery at all times as they are suppose to be the instructor of the procedure, along with a ipp rep,
I drive 5 hours one way for this each time there is an appointment for me.
And I have already thought of the fly out to another facility for this, but afraid it would turn out the same.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:07 am

I had my original placed April of last year (2023), 1st revision June of last year. The first didn't even last till the followup visit ( about 8 or 9 days before it leaked down and wouldn't reinflate ) now the last 3 or 4 times of using it I thought I heard air in the system ( squishing sound ) but wasn't sure and since it would pump up fully and get rockhard I figured I just misheard. I used it earlier this week ( about 2 or 3 days ago ) and worked fine. Exactly like it's supposed to, then last night (Thursday) I get 6 pumps and it squishes like a grape and won't refill unless I deflate, so yay lucky me that means that the reservoir is either almost empty from either another pinhole leak in a cylinder, a leak in the tubing or reservoir, or maybe the tubing to the reservoir is kinked. Since I thought I heard air in the system a few times I'm going with it's leaked down somehow, somewhere and I'll be getting number 3 in the near future...
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:17 pm

Don't know sizing .. old age and fat pad robs you of length .. also the longer you have ED the more you lose .. I have 2 rods 13mm so girth is about what it was except the glands does not expand as much as it did .. laying on my back he is still decent size they told me 18cm rods but ended up being 17cc instead but as you know those numbers are misleading because you don't know how much goes into your body and how much goes into the penis .. I showed the dr. photos of me 25 years ago and his reply was that was then this is now .. I did use a ved daily 2 times a day for about an hour for 6 weeks before my surgery and I'm pretty sure that helped.

Return to “Implants”