How many revisions have you had ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
thedriver

How many revisions have you had ?

Postby thedriver » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:09 am

I'm on my 5th revision, yes I said 5th, all of them were Titans ipp
My first 3 implants all happened in the first year, everything from tubing coming apart, internal stitching failure, exploded implant it self, and now I think it is the tubing again.
Number 4 lasted 18 months.
And now I'm scheduled for surgery on Feb 1st to have my 5th one installed.
Absolutely torn on sticking with the Titan, which the surgeon seems to be always pushing for, or just plain going for a malleable, which they told me they only do titan and pacifica malleable's at the Mayo clinic in MN.

So how many revisions have you had, and over how many years ?
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

rdnkbiker

Re: How many revisions have you had ?

Postby rdnkbiker » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 am

I'm on my second one first lasted little over 6 years just got this one in July of 23 both have been AMS first was LGX second one is a CX been happy with both so far hopefully this one gets me to Medicare....since I have had to pay for both myself my Doc did mention probably need one more in my lifetime who knows
Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am

Thedriver, change where you're getting your implants.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:29 am

thedriver wrote:I'm on my 5th revision, yes I said 5th, all of them were Titans ipp
My first 3 implants all happened in the first year, everything from tubing coming apart, internal stitching failure, exploded implant it self, and now I think it is the tubing again.
Absolutely torn on sticking with the Titan, which the surgeon seems to be always pushing for, or just plain going for a malleable, which they told me they only do titan and pacifica malleable's at the Mayo clinic in MN.

Pacifica?

I've never heard of that one

If I got a malleable I would get a Rigicon. I know Dr Levine has an association with Rigicon, he developed a surgical tool with them. He is in Chicago, so it's worth the drive from MInnesota

It seems like the Coloplast Genesis may a be a bit dated
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:33 pm

Mark1974 wrote:
thedriver wrote:I'm on my 5th revision, yes I said 5th, all of them were Titans ipp

Pacifica?

I've never heard of that one

If I got a malleable I would get a Rigicon. I know Dr Levine has an association with Rigicon, he developed a surgical tool with them. He is in Chicago, so it's worth the drive from MInnesota

It seems like the Coloplast Genesis may a be a bit dated

I'm sorry I meant Tactra.
I would think the Mayo would have all options available and in stock so to speak.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:39 pm

thedriver, my goodness sorry to hear you're having a tough go on your revisions. I've had one revision to answer your original question, I had it done after my first implant failed after 10yrs of service.

Regarding your situation statistically speaking you're on 5 implants in 19months and its highly unlikely that 4 of the 5 implants were defective, think about it what are the odds?! It's more likely the implants failed because of surgeons lack of proper technique and/or lack of skill.

Never the less I glad to hear you're doing better now, best of luck to you.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:46 pm

I worked on hi pressure hydraulic systems. MOST FAILURES WERE FROM IMPROPER FITTING CONNECTION. I demanded a factory connected system. It is 5 years old. My dads was 12 years old when he passed.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:51 pm

I’ve had a bunch. The longest one has lasted is 3yesrs 10 months. The shortest was one month. I had some surgeries to repair body break down from the previous surgeon who performed three of the surgeries. One lasted 3 months and the pump bursted. When ever a part was bad on the implant I had the whole thing replaced. I’ve had two pump failures, tubing failures. Cylinders that developed holes and leaked the fluid out. All my implants have been Titan. I am scheduled for replacement on feb 13. This one failed on 12/23.
I don’t want the one piece. I’ve only seen one but the guy looked really hard and narrow penis and it was just bend downward.
The Coloplast reps are in the OR as you have surgery. They have a case full of devices so what they need is available.
Wish you good luck!!! TITAN here I come again!!
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:28 am

I have a Rigicon sine 6-2023 .. it is easy to conceal for the most part ...after a couple of months you don't notice you have one ... I have a belly and a fat pad so it is easy to hide ... dr would not do inflatable due to age and health issues .. it is ok I have nothing to compare it to .. I think if I had to do it over again I would but would pick a different dr. for sure .. great surgeon very poor aftercare when issues arose ..

Flexwheeler

Postby Flexwheeler » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:36 am

easymoney wrote:I have a Rigicon sine 6-2023 .. it is easy to conceal for the most part ...after a couple of months you don't notice you have one ... I have a belly and a fat pad so it is easy to hide ... dr would not do inflatable due to age and health issues .. it is ok I have nothing to compare it to .. I think if I had to do it over again I would but would pick a different dr. for sure .. great surgeon very poor aftercare when issues arose ..

What is your size pre- and post operation?

Return to “Implants”