Rigicon Rigi10 MPP safety study

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mark1974

Re: Rigicon Rigi10 MPP safety study

Postby Mark1974 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 pm

easymoney wrote:I have had a rigicon since 6-2023 .... 13mm rods ... 14 is the largest they make .. I have no issue hiding it .. but have a belly and a fat pad so all that counts .. after a couple of months you can't even tell you have one for the most part ..

13 is pretty wide, but you may have had a big penis

I'm pretty sure I would be perfect for 11, but the doctor makes the determination. I'm actually going to ask for a smaller penis when I go malleable

I even think I might want to go str8 to malleable, but last time I brought it up Dr Levine just shook his head no without saying a word
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:31 am

What's with the professional prejudice against malleables!? There's plenty of guys on this board who swear by them.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:05 am

fucked0ne wrote:What's with the professional prejudice against malleables!? There's plenty of guys on this board who swear by them.

Funny that you bring that up. Searching through their posts reveals that not very many actually have an implant. They say they're the best but lots don't have one. Now I will admit that most seem to not be from the USA so the translations might not be perfect. Also, if a reason is given for them being better. It is usually centered around that they are cheaper.

Do you want an implant that works like an original dick should of or do you want the cheapest implant that you can get?

Ok guys. I'm tired of this malleable stuff. Its highly unlikely that I'll point out the downsides to them any more. Just think about Mark1974 telling about Dr. Levine's reaction when he said that he might get a malleable. A leading implant dr in the USA just shook his head no. That says it all.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:22 pm

Well my dr is one of the leading malleable implanters in the country ..his father helped invent the implants back in the 70's ... many dr's do not like the mallabbles for many reasons .. My dr Carrion is a big promoter of them .. due to my age and health issues it was the only implant offered to me ... I could have went to another practice and more than likely another dr might have done an inflatable implant ... considering all the trouble I had with my "simple" surgery I'd hate to see what might have happened had I tried the inflatable .. At 70 I'm looking to stay in the game not impress the ladies .... lol ... if it's useable and painfree does it make a difference what type you have?

Dapkin

Postby Dapkin » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:20 am

Gt1956 wrote:
fucked0ne wrote:What's with the professional prejudice against malleables!? There's plenty of guys on this board who swear by them.

Funny that you bring that up. Searching through their posts reveals that not very many actually have an implant. They say they're the best but lots don't have one. Now I will admit that most seem to not be from the USA so the translations might not be perfect. Also, if a reason is given for them being better. It is usually centered around that they are cheaper.

Do you want an implant that works like an original dick should of or do you want the cheapest implant that you can get?

Ok guys. I'm tired of this malleable stuff. Its highly unlikely that I'll point out the downsides to them any more. Just think about Mark1974 telling about Dr. Levine's reaction when he said that he might get a malleable. A leading implant dr in the USA just shook his head no. That says it all.

When it comes to malleables, the parameters of discussion are not limited to a good implant that works like the original dick (i.e., IPP) vs cheap implant (i.e., malleables).

For many of us, operational issues in inflating and deflating, the possibility of short-term failures, and multiple revisions (with a higher risk of infection and penile shortening each time) do not make IPPs the more appealing option. And doctors may have a bias towards IPPs because not only do they receive higher surgical fees but also because of the prospect of repeated surgeries.

Until we know why Levine really shook his head, we know nothing.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:49 am

Dapkin wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:

When it comes to malleables, the parameters of discussion are not limited to a good implant that works like the original dick (i.e., IPP) vs cheap implant (i.e., malleables).

For many of us, operational issues in inflating and deflating, the possibility of short-term failures, and multiple revisions (with a higher risk of infection and penile shortening each time) do not make IPPs the more appealing option. And doctors may have a bias towards IPPs because not only do they receive higher surgical fees but also because of the prospect of repeated surgeries.

Until we know why Levine really shook his head, we know nothing.

He just shook his head no, but he also had a protege with him (med student?) who explained what I already knew...that they are mostly used for salvage between IPP's or for people with dexterity issues

Then they went back to discussing AMS and Coloplast IPPs

My guess is that surgeons are reluctant to use MPP's on younger patients because of the threat of pressure atrophy over time
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 am

easymoney wrote:I have had a rigicon since 6-2023 .... 13mm rods ... 14 is the largest they make .. I have no issue hiding it .. but have a belly and a fat pad so all that counts .. after a couple of months you can't even tell you have one for the most part ..

Are you saying the Titan measurement is at 21mm and the AMS at 18mm at the fully inflated diameter ?
What are they deflated ?
Can anyone confirm these diameters ?
Where can I find all these figures ?
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:27 pm

Be implanted with a malleable and never having an inflatable not sure what the difference would be .. there are a lot of dr's who want nothing to do with the mallabbles ..whether it is from knowing things not shared or just the wave of popular opinion at the time ... they do thousands of them in india hence the thinking cheap .. which in a country with no health insurance they are pretty much the only option many can afford .. but here with medicare you are not limited .. and since almost all men want the biggest dick they can get the inflatable is always the choice shown first .. I think each man's case has to be weighed on it's own convictions .. I was talked into mine due to health issues and age ... another practice might have offered me an inflatable right off the bat ... and I might have ended up with a nice sized dick with an inflatable implant I'm not able to operate due to my health limits .. .. we all want to stay in the game as long as possible .. not all of us feel the need to try to compete to do it ..

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:38 pm

easymoney wrote:Be implanted with a malleable and never having an inflatable not sure what the difference would be .. there are a lot of dr's who want nothing to do with the mallabbles ..whether it is from knowing things not shared or just the wave of popular opinion at the time ... they do thousands of them in india hence the thinking cheap .. which in a country with no health insurance they are pretty much the only option many can afford .. but here with medicare you are not limited .. and since almost all men want the biggest dick they can get the inflatable is always the choice shown first .. I think each man's case has to be weighed on it's own convictions .. I was talked into mine due to health issues and age ... another practice might have offered me an inflatable right off the bat ... and I might have ended up with a nice sized dick with an inflatable implant I'm not able to operate due to my health limits .. .. we all want to stay in the game as long as possible .. not all of us feel the need to try to compete to do it ..

I have medicare and very good supplemental insurance that has been covering this, but if I get a malleable and it functions, but I am dissatisfied with it, there is really nothing more that the insurance would cover let alone the surgeon doing a revision back to a IPP for the simple fact that I don't like it.
At this point I am leaning 80% just for the reliability of it and to avoid any further surgeries.
I got to draw the line somewhere, LOL, I think the 5th surgery is it.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 am

If I decide on the MPP this coming week before surgery I will post everything I go thru on this site just to give a little more insight to the MPP.
Maybe we can start to collect some data on MPP's and start a sub forum in the implant section here just for the MPP's so members know there is more options than the IPP's
No one can even confirm diameter on the IPP inflated or deflated to compare to the MPP's

Return to “Implants”