Rigicon Rigi10 MPP safety study

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fucked0ne

Re: Rigicon Rigi10 MPP safety study

Postby fucked0ne » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:25 am

thedriver wrote:If I decide on the MPP this coming week before surgery I will post everything I go thru on this site just to give a little more insight to the MPP.
Maybe we can start to collect some data on MPP's and start a sub forum in the implant section here just for the MPP's so members know there is more options than the IPP's
No one can even confirm diameter on the IPP inflated or deflated to compare to the MPP's

That would be incredibly helpful... should you decide on the MPP. Hearing good things about the Rigi10 (wider diameters, more rigid for penetration).

It looks like you had a decent three-year stretch with that last IPP.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:41 am

fucked0ne wrote:
thedriver wrote:If I decide on the MPP this coming week before surgery I will post everything I go thru on this site just to give a little more insight to the MPP.
Maybe we can start to collect some data on MPP's and start a sub forum in the implant section here just for the MPP's so members know there is more options than the IPP's
No one can even confirm diameter on the IPP inflated or deflated to compare to the MPP's

That would be incredibly helpful... should you decide on the MPP. Hearing good things about the Rigi10 (wider diameters, more rigid for penetration).

Just a couple of things..

Rigicon isn't more rigid (despite the name) it is actually less rigid than the Tactra and maybe also than the Genesis. This is both it's strength and it's limitation, but it is it's flexibility that makes it easier to conceal than other malleable implants.

Second, the advantage in RIgicon's diameters is that it has a larger range of diameters for the surgeon to choose from and customize it the patient's body. That doesn't mean that one will get a wider diameter, just a more appropriate one.

Actually there is a study out there that shows men who had 11mm rods had better satisfaction and outcomes than men with 13mm
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 am

fucked0ne wrote:

The last one almost lasted 2 years, that is the longest one has lasted me, in the first year I went thru 3 revisions.
The last time down to the Mayo I asked about the MPP, he simply said it is a reliable implant that works like this ------ and he reached over to a lamp in the exam room and just bent the stem of the lamp around,,,, kind of let go of it and started again telling me about how freaky it is that these IPP's are failing for me.
And that was kind of the end of the discussion some how.
I'm going to demand more time this week, and write down all the question my wife and I have before going in so I don't forget anything.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Mark1974 wrote:
fucked0ne wrote:

Rigicon isn't more rigid (despite the name) it is actually less rigid than the Tactra and maybe also than the Genesis. This is both it's strength and it's limitation, but it is it's flexibility that makes it easier to conceal than other malleable implants.

Second, the advantage in RIgicon's diameters is that it has a larger range of diameters for the surgeon to choose from and customize it the patient's body. That doesn't mean that one will get a wider diameter, just a more appropriate one.

Actually there is a study out there that shows men who had 11mm rods had better satisfaction and outcomes than men with 13mm

Mark1974:

Is there such a thing as a "rigid" (as opposed to a "semi-rigid") MPP?
Where have you heard that the Tactra and Genesis are more rigid?

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:34 pm

fucked0ne wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:
fucked0ne wrote:

Mark1974:

Is there such a thing as a "rigid" (as opposed to a "semi-rigid") MPP?
Where have you heard that the Tactra and Genesis are more rigid?

I found information comparing the Tactra and Rigi10 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVePZu3n9bA

I havent seen it compared directly to the Genesis, but I inferred that from the quote from the medical journal at the beginning of this thread where it states that the Rigi10 has a more supple bending capacity than it's competitors. That means it may also buckle more than it's competitors.

For me it would be worth the weaknesses, because concealing a malleable is a very big ordeal.

I don't think there is a thing as a completely rigid penile implant. Tactra is as close is it gets
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:42 pm

Here is a video with the Coloplast Genesis. You can see a patient bending it at the end

It bends well and is probably another acceptable choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1sdRMMxy0

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:07 am

Mark1974 wrote:
frank66665 wrote:What do you think about rigi10 with fillers to increase the girth and make it like a 3 piece inflatable?

I don't think you will get the same girth as a 3-piece, but you can definitely improve girth. You can also fill out your penis so that the rods are imperceptible to the touch

If the filling made it bigger and more beautiful, it wouldn't be bad, I don't want any more revisions beyond the first, there are those who maintain that those who have had an inflatable have an advantage in terms of circumference and length, compared to someone who directly puts a malleable
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:43 am

Somewhere I found some information comparing the 3 major implants ... concealment .. a rigid rating .. and a few other things as soon as I can find it again I will try posting it.

jl33ur

Postby jl33ur » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:28 am

thedriver wrote:
easymoney wrote:I have had a rigicon since 6-2023 .... 13mm rods ... 14 is the largest they make .. I have no issue hiding it .. but have a belly and a fat pad so all that counts .. after a couple of months you can't even tell you have one for the most part ..

Are you saying the Titan measurement is at 21mm and the AMS at 18mm at the fully inflated diameter ?
What are they deflated ?
Can anyone confirm these diameters ?
Where can I find all these figures ?

I looked at it one day looking at the manuals for each brand, both Ams, Coloplast and Rigicon... I'm talking about inflatable implants, Ams da 18mm, Coloplast 21 and Rigicon 22 or 24, I don't remember.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:07 am

jl33ur wrote:
thedriver wrote:
easymoney wrote:I have had a rigicon since 6-2023 .... 13mm rods ... 14 is the largest they make .. I have no issue hiding it .. but have a belly and a fat pad so all that counts .. after a couple of months you can't even tell you have one for the most part ..

Are you saying the Titan measurement is at 21mm and the AMS at 18mm at the fully inflated diameter ?
What are they deflated ?
Can anyone confirm these diameters ?
Where can I find all these figures ?

I looked at it one day looking at the manuals for each brand, both Ams, Coloplast and Rigicon... I'm talking about inflatable implants, Ams da 18mm, Coloplast 21 and Rigicon 22 or 24, I don't remember.

See if you can find the link to this info, sounds interesting, I have had 4 Titans and I can't imagine both cylinders pumping to 21mm each, what size of reservoir would they require ?
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Return to “Implants”