ER x 2

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

ER x 2

Postby gregorbehr » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:33 am

I seem to be the new fixture at my local ER.
At about 10:30pm I sat down and felt the last stitch holding my scrotum together give way. Thankfully there wasn't mass amount of bleeding, but seeing a 2" long - 1/4" deep gash down my scrotum was enough to send me over the edge.
Thankfully a close friend who lives about 2 minutes away, actually answered the phone and was at my door faster than I could put pants on and hobble downstairs to take me to the ER.

The ER doc called my surgeon and they agreed that it's too late to restitch the scrotum up. Doing so would just create a warm spot for an infection to grow and I'd end up losing the implant before I even got to use it.
So now I get to clean out the wound every 4 hours... on my own. F-ing joy! But what can I do... lol, can only con just so many friends to come over and do it.
I am seeing my doc 9am Monday morning and we'll be having some coming to jesus moments. I am NOT happy. To be honest, I'm physically and emotionally drained and every other thought is regret for ever having done the implant.

The bleeding, the constant pain, my bodies refusal to respond to any sort of opiate based pain meds... I keep thinking a scarred up and bent stubborn erection may have been better than all this.
I guess I'm officially in the running for Poster Boy for a REALLY Rough Recovery.

But for everyone who has given me such loving support around here, thank you!

-Greg
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

jerrywayne

Re: ER x 2

Postby jerrywayne » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 am

man I wished you was not having so much trouble hang in there I still think it will be worth it . it just took you a little more longer but think you will get there ,think God for friends huh. keep us posted

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 pm

I am sorry that you are having a difficult recovery. Try to keep focused on the end result, the fact that you will have an erection that functions well on demand. You have a more difficult road to that result but most likely when you look back on what it took to get there a few months from now you will be happy you put up with the difficulties of the road to get to the result.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Greg, Man you are having a time with this procedure. I know your fed up with it but in time all will be well. Your still new in the game. Positive thoughts being sent your way.

When this thing is all healed up your will be a happy camper. Hang in there.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Implants”