One week update (surgery 1/9/2024)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mwsw1960

One week update (surgery 1/9/2024)

Postby Mwsw1960 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 am

It has been a full week since my AMS700LGX was implanted. I updated the first few days last week and wanted to give a quick review at the one week mark. I know there are a lot of guys that are contemplating or about to have the surgery that read the posts quietly. I was one of those too.

I can say that I saw positive healing beginning with day 1 after the surgery. I never experienced what I would characterize as significant pain at any point. However, there were certainly periods of discomfort or at least soreness. There was definitely swelling, but that was contained by vigorous applications of ice (ice worked best for me over the frozen beans, peas, corn, whatever vegetable, etc) and tylenol.

I was able to comfortably go out to see one of my favorite local bands on Friday after the Tuesday procedure. I definitely rested well on the next couple days and iced periodically as precaution.

The swelling was really mild and resolved by Sunday. I have noted that I have numbness on the underside of my penis near the incision (pentoscrotal). I understand this is common and the nerve endings are expected to regenerate eventually.

My testicles are adapting to their new roommate and it does feel a little odd with the pump down there, but it is not at all bad or painful or even awkward.

I probably should not have done it, but with my positive healing so far, I toyed with the pump, inflating some and deflating. I can see that the process of stretching and regaining what ED has taken will require a little patience. I am fine with that. The 5 inches that are still there are rock hard inflated and that makes it all worth it to me.

I am also pleased with the aesthetic of the flaccid appearance. My flaccid girth is 5 inches now. I am hoping that the erect 6 returns with time, but honestly, just the flaccid feel gives me a certain amount of positive confidence that things will continue to be great.

My only regret is not having done this right after the damn prostate surgery 5 years ago!
franktalk.jpg
franktalk.jpg (306.15 KiB) Viewed 429 times
52, open prostatectomy survivor since age 47.
pre surgery hair shy of 6" length, 6" girth

Tmansdorfer

Re: One week update (surgery 1/9/2024)

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:01 am

Looks great and that’s awesome that you only had mild discomfort. Did you get the new AMS pump installed ? I am having a revision next week with the new pump and am curious if anyone else has had it yet .
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:26 am

Looks GREAT! Post more pictures.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Mwsw1960 wrote:It has been a full week since my AMS700LGX was implanted. I updated the first few days last week and wanted to give a quick review at the one week mark. I know there are a lot of guys that are contemplating or about to have the surgery that read the posts quietly. I was one of those too.

I can say that I saw positive healing beginning with day 1 after the surgery. I never experienced what I would characterize as significant pain at any point. However, there were certainly periods of discomfort or at least soreness. There was definitely swelling, but that was contained by vigorous applications of ice (ice worked best for me over the frozen beans, peas, corn, whatever vegetable, etc) and tylenol.

I was able to comfortably go out to see one of my favorite local bands on Friday after the Tuesday procedure. I definitely rested well on the next couple days and iced periodically as precaution.

The swelling was really mild and resolved by Sunday. I have noted that I have numbness on the underside of my penis near the incision (pentoscrotal). I understand this is common and the nerve endings are expected to regenerate eventually.

My testicles are adapting to their new roommate and it does feel a little odd with the pump down there, but it is not at all bad or painful or even awkward.

I probably should not have done it, but with my positive healing so far, I toyed with the pump, inflating some and deflating. I can see that the process of stretching and regaining what ED has taken will require a little patience. I am fine with that. The 5 inches that are still there are rock hard inflated and that makes it all worth it to me.

I am also pleased with the aesthetic of the flaccid appearance. My flaccid girth is 5 inches now. I am hoping that the erect 6 returns with time, but honestly, just the flaccid feel gives me a certain amount of positive confidence that things will continue to be great.

My only regret is not having done this right after the damn prostate surgery 5 years ago! franktalk.jpg

Congratulations Mwsw1960 :!: Yay :!: Welcome my Bionic Brother :!:

It sounds like you are healing very quick even with a penoscrotal install, which is what I had also. From what you have indicated about the size of your Dick before surgery being at 6 inches, you were probably installed with an 18cm AMS LGX implant, but not sure if you got any rear tip extenders.
I couldn't do what you are doing, deflating and inflating at week one, heck, I could barley do what you are doing at 6 weeks when they gave me cycling training.
Follow your doctors protocols, they usually have you gently pull down on the pump to make sure that it doesn't migrate to the top of your scrotum and stick there during this time period.
We have the same implant, so if you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll answer anything I can.

Good Luck 1960
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

newhope

Postby newhope » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:40 am

implant size and doctor? post your info also in the signature
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Return to “Implants”