Cylinder tips significantly uneven

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cautiouslyoptimistic

Cylinder tips significantly uneven

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:15 am

I’m just noticing how uneven my tips are a couple weeks after revision. Right tip is like 80% of the way up my glans when deflated and sits pretty much dead center which feels odd. My left tip barely reaches into my glans. I wouldn’t mind so much if it was a little more centered, it’s but very far to the edge of my penis to the point where I can feel the sharp edge at the top of my shaft if i move the glans slightly to the right (i heard this is very bad and has a high risk of erosion). Also my shaft leans heavily left now whereas before it was dead straight. I put a couple pumps into the device and it seems as if my penis is straight on the right but sort of tilts downward and to the left on the left side. Picture a dinner table where you only lifted up on side, almost like it slopes downhill.

Based on my research, could this a sign of corporal perforation or distal crossover? I’ve yet to fully inflate, so maybe it will sort itself out when fully inflated, but the significant gap between the 2 tips, the fact that the right tip feels like it’s way more to the center than right, and the left being significantly shorter and barely in the glans is worrying.

newbie443

Re: Cylinder tips significantly uneven

Postby newbie443 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:30 am

Tips.jpg

My tips were like above if you looked at the glans with the glans pointing at you. I did have a proximal perforation and leaned very hard to the left where I was straight before surgery.

100_1009.JPG

I had pain and trouble moving my penis to straight or to my right. After my sling repair I had about a 50% improvement in left leaning and pain after sex.

I could use my fingers and feel the cylinders through the bottom of my penis and follow them down above my scrotum and toward my anus. I could feel the difference between the left and the right side. The left side was much closer to the surface of my skin and the right side was much deeper into my body. This type of examination was used by the doctor that did my repair as a teaching lesson. IHe brought a hand full of his students into the examination room to feel the difference. I did also have a CT scan prior to going to him as no local doctors did repairs. The sling repair was an improvement of about 50% both in angle and pain. I was able to improve the distal cylinder tips by inflating one handed and using my other hand to pull the glans off the cylinder tips then pulling them down on where I thought they should be. As I pumped the cylinders, they would hold the tips mostly in place when I had to use 2 hands to inflate. Or use my forearm by using my hand to place my glans against it where it would hold it in place and then use that hand to 2 handed inflate the rest of the way.

I was alone for my first surgery and had an overnight stay. The morning after surgery the resident came in to remove my cath. After she removed it and let go of my penis it flopped to the left pointing sideways.

You may not have a perforation but the above is the evidence of mine.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Mine are also very uneven
Not sure what it means, but my penis leans to the right
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:16 pm

newbie443 wrote:Tips.jpg

My tips were like above if you looked at the glans with the glans pointing at you. I did have a proximal perforation and leaned very hard to the left where I was straight before surgery.

100_1009.JPG

I had pain and trouble moving my penis to straight or to my right. After my sling repair I had about a 50% improvement in left leaning and pain after sex.

I could use my fingers and feel the cylinders through the bottom of my penis and follow them down above my scrotum and toward my anus. I could feel the difference between the left and the right side. The left side was much closer to the surface of my skin and the right side was much deeper into my body. This type of examination was used by the doctor that did my repair as a teaching lesson. IHe brought a hand full of his students into the examination room to feel the difference. I did also have a CT scan prior to going to him as no local doctors did repairs. The sling repair was an improvement of about 50% both in angle and pain. I was able to improve the distal cylinder tips by inflating one handed and using my other hand to pull the glans off the cylinder tips then pulling them down on where I thought they should be. As I pumped the cylinders, they would hold the tips mostly in place when I had to use 2 hands to inflate. Or use my forearm by using my hand to place my glans against it where it would hold it in place and then use that hand to 2 handed inflate the rest of the way.

I was alone for my first surgery and had an overnight stay. The morning after surgery the resident came in to remove my cath. After she removed it and let go of my penis it flopped to the left pointing sideways.

Hey Newbie,

The pics you included didn’t show up, but what I’m seeing and feeling is eerily similar and the procedure was done by the same surgeon. Left tip is short, right tip is very high, and there’s a bulge on the bottom right that’s causing my penis to lean and tilt left. I’m still hopeful because i’ve yet to fully inflate, and hope when i am able to the left tip will sit further up in the glans. I also put a few pumps into it as I said in my initial post, and I did feel the left cylinder inflate. I read back on your posts and saw that yours would barely inflate at all. Glad you got some resolution and I’m praying mine could be fixed by cycling after just having had a second revision in a 5 month span.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:07 pm

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:

100_1009.JPG

Hey Newbie,

The pics you included didn’t show up, but what I’m seeing and feeling is eerily similar and the procedure was done by the same surgeon. Left tip is short, right tip is very high, and there’s a bulge on the bottom right that’s causing my penis to lean and tilt left. I’m still hopeful because i’ve yet to fully inflate, and hope when i am able to the left tip will sit further up in the glans. I also put a few pumps into it as I said in my initial post, and I did feel the left cylinder inflate. I read back on your posts and saw that yours would barely inflate at all. Glad you got some resolution and I’m praying mine could be fixed by cycling after just having had a second revision in a 5 month span.

My distal cylinder tips were and are well into my glans. They were just low and to the left (right if looking at them from the front). The left cylinder tip was low at 4-5 o'clock and way to the outside edge of the glans. The right cylinder tip was low and to the center.
Attachments
100_1009.JPG
100_1009.JPG (314.52 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Tips.jpg
Tips.jpg (15.12 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:12 pm

RTE's are in .5 cm increments and that is why most doctors say they will get the cylinders withing .5 cm of each other. The cylinders do expand a bit. The Titan just not as much as the LGX and I have seen no data on the CX or Rigicon. So with cycling and cylinder softening they may even out unless there is room for both to grow as much as they can.

66 years young.

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:29 am

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:

100_1009.JPG

Hey Newbie,

So your last revision was done by Kramer?
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:59 pm

“My distal cylinder tips were and are well into my glans. They were just low and to the left (right if looking at them from the front). The left cylinder tip was low at 4-5 o'clock and way to the outside edge of the glans. The right cylinder tip was low and to the center.”

Thanks for all your feedback Newbie. I wanted to wait a little while longer for healing to take place before I jumped to any conclusions. Your drawing is almost exactly how mine looks/feels. My right cylinder feels more centered than to the right, and mid glans. No issues or pain on that side. My left cylinder is the same height as what you drew in your diagram, but the scary part is that it’s even further left. It feels as far left on the penis as it could possibly go. Just below the glans the hard plastic edge of the cylinder can be seen and felt easily. That’s the thinnest part of the penis and it’s very painful in that area. I’m worried about erosion or it causing me pain during sex.

I’ll say a prayer that cycling might fix it, but the height of the cylinder is not what’s bothering me, it’s how far left it is

riseagain

Postby riseagain » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:17 pm

looks ok to me.
65 yrs old. Married 38 years to an awesome wife. Implanted on 8/4/2022 Titan 24cm XL. Dr Hakky. Loving the implant so far.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:25 pm

100_1009.JPG

Hey newbie443,

I am very interested in your story. I have the exact same issue. Your image showing one tip right up at the edge of the glans... along with a bulge and overall crooked glans.

It looks like my tip will pop out of the side of my glans one day! But Eid insists it is purely cosmetic... two other andrologists said the same.

Are you saying you had erosion leading to a perforation of the tip and had to have a revision purely to fix this?

What is the sling repair... is that what the revision is called? Dont they just remove the cylinders, cut through the scar tissue and let it heal in a new position? Or is the sling repair a less invasive fix?

Would love to hear from you! Thanks
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

Return to “Implants”