Cylinder tips significantly uneven

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Cylinder tips significantly uneven

Postby newbie443 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:10 pm

jump.ship wrote:
Hey newbie443,

I am very interested in your story. I have the exact same issue. Your image showing one tip right up at the edge of the glans... along with a bulge and overall crooked glans.

It looks like my tip will pop out of the side of my glans one day! But Eid insists it is purely cosmetic... two other andrologists said the same.

Are you saying you had erosion leading to a perforation of the tip and had to have a revision purely to fix this?

What is the sling repair... is that what the revision is called? Dont they just remove the cylinders, cut through the scar tissue and let it heal in a new position? Or is the sling repair a less invasive fix?

Would love to hear from you! Thanks

I had a proximal perforation (RTE end of the implant inside my body) I had no erosion in the glans. I did have pain with both though and had the same response as you about my glans. The doctor that did my repair said that tip location in the glans was like standing a broom handle in a bucket. Not really giving me a lot of hope in recovery. So I was again alone to work on this. My distal (glans) tips would still pull out of my glans and be in my shaft below my circumcision scar. And I just worked with directing my cylinder tips at 3 and 9 and this did help. Just kept pulling my glans forward and then moving them back where I thought they should be and held them there with one hand while I inflated with the other. And when one hand could no longer work the pump I would use my forearm to hold the glans in place while I used 2 hands to inflate to 100%. As I said things are a lot better now. Not perfect but the pain in my proximal and distal ends and my leaning hard left is all about 1/2 of what it used to be. Same with tip location in my glans. Not perfect but about 50% better.

As I have posted the doctor that did the repair used me to teach his students. I would lay on the exam table on my back. He had me move my knees out to the left and right and put the bottom of my feet together. Then had students follow the cylinders down through my scrotum and note the difference. The left tip was much closer to the surface and the right one much deeper inside my body. This is a check that can be done before having imaging to confirm a perforation.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:31 pm

As a proximal perforation is inside your body a sling repair (stirrup) is made with suture material, The RTE end of the cylinder has suture thread attached to it by using the suture needle to pass through the solid end. Then the other end on the suture is tied up close to the incision to support the end of the cylinder. 6 weeks is needed for recovery for the perforation to heal. There are a number of documents that have been published on proximal sling repair.

With a distal perforation it is easier to get to the perforation and a sling repair is not needed. If you were trying to find distal (glans) sling repair instead of proximal sling repair then that is why.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:16 pm

newbie443 wrote:
jump.ship wrote:
Hey newbie443,

I am very interested in your story. I have the exact same issue. Your image showing one tip right up at the edge of the glans... along with a bulge and overall crooked glans.

It looks like my tip will pop out of the side of my glans one day! But Eid insists it is purely cosmetic... two other andrologists said the same.

Are you saying you had erosion leading to a perforation of the tip and had to have a revision purely to fix this?

What is the sling repair... is that what the revision is called? Dont they just remove the cylinders, cut through the scar tissue and let it heal in a new position? Or is the sling repair a less invasive fix?

Would love to hear from you! Thanks

I had a proximal perforation (RTE end of the implant inside my body) I had no erosion in the glans. I did have pain with both though and had the same response as you about my glans. The doctor that did my repair said that tip location in the glans was like standing a broom handle in a bucket. Not really giving me a lot of hope in recovery. So I was again alone to work on this. My distal (glans) tips would still pull out of my glans and be in my shaft below my circumcision scar. And I just worked with directing my cylinder tips at 3 and 9 and this did help. Just kept pulling my glans forward and then moving them back where I thought they should be and held them there with one hand while I inflated with the other. And when one hand could no longer work the pump I would use my forearm to hold the glans in place while I used 2 hands to inflate to 100%. As I said things are a lot better now. Not perfect but the pain in my proximal and distal ends and my leaning hard left is all about 1/2 of what it used to be. Same with tip location in my glans. Not perfect but about 50% better.

As I have posted the doctor that did the repair used me to teach his students. I would lay on the exam table on my back. He had me move my knees out to the left and right and put the bottom of my feet together. Then had students follow the cylinders down through my scrotum and note the difference. The left tip was much closer to the surface and the right one much deeper inside my body. This is a check that can be done before having imaging to confirm a perforation.

This is great advice! I like the mop bucket analogy ... i can actually force it to move and it does make a bit of difference, but not a lot. Its a shame cos its wasnt that bad right after surgery so I should have done this back then in order to stop it progressing, but alas, I am too far gone I think.

One thing that gives me hope is that when I have a revision (years away i know) it will be fixed.

When you had surgery for the perforation, did they not offer to fix the glans issue... or was it an extra infection risk that wasn't worth it?
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:36 am

jump.ship wrote:This is great advice! I like the mop bucket analogy ... i can actually force it to move and it does make a bit of difference, but not a lot. Its a shame cos its wasnt that bad right after surgery so I should have done this back then in order to stop it progressing, but alas, I am too far gone I think.

One thing that gives me hope is that when I have a revision (years away i know) it will be fixed.

When you had surgery for the perforation, did they not offer to fix the glans issue... or was it an extra infection risk that wasn't worth it?

I did ask about this before and after but the doctor did not do anything. It is not about moving it sideways as much as making a new path in the tissue. I would pull the glans out away from me and then push them back on the cylinder tip in the new path to where I thought theu should be.

66 years young.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:19 pm

newbie443 wrote:
jump.ship wrote:This is great advice! I like the mop bucket analogy ... i can actually force it to move and it does make a bit of difference, but not a lot. Its a shame cos its wasnt that bad right after surgery so I should have done this back then in order to stop it progressing, but alas, I am too far gone I think.

I did ask about this before and after but the doctor did not do anything. It is not about moving it sideways as much as making a new path in the tissue. I would pull the glans out away from me and then push them back on the cylinder tip in the new path to where I thought theu should be.

Yeah its about making a new path. The problem currently is that scar tissue has formed and its very difficult to create new scar tissue. Eid said that (early on anyway) he could try and bend the penis back and forth vigorously or something to break the scar tissue - but its very hard to do. I never bothered. I was back home then in the UK so didnt go want to fly back for what sounds like a pretty grim intervention!

I am thinking it can be fixed during surgery though... take out the cylinders and then cut through the scar tissue inside the shaft.. is this possible? I am assuming you can cut into it meaning when the cylinders go back in they can heal in a new place?
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:56 pm

jump.ship wrote:
Yeah its about making a new path. The problem currently is that scar tissue has formed and its very difficult to create new scar tissue. Eid said that (early on anyway) he could try and bend the penis back and forth vigorously or something to break the scar tissue - but its very hard to do. I never bothered. I was back home then in the UK so didnt go want to fly back for what sounds like a pretty grim intervention!

I am thinking it can be fixed during surgery though... take out the cylinders and then cut through the scar tissue inside the shaft.. is this possible? I am assuming you can cut into it meaning when the cylinders go back in they can heal in a new place?

Maybe adding some material between the cylinder tip where the old space was to the outside. Kinda of a pad to fill the place where the tip was too close to the outside. It would take some time with the cylinder tip down from the glans for scar tissue to form. Not sure it could be done from the base where the normal incision is made. May need some kind of a deglove procedure. Everyone is different and I was able to have some results the way I did this. Seems to me something is needed to prevent the cylinder tip from going back close to the outside.

66 years young.

Return to “Implants”