Stretch test for sizing of implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fucked0ne

Re: Stretch test for sizing of implant

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:41 am

Thanks for the thoughtful response Gt1956!

So far everyone's feedback has been encouraging.

Like I said, I don't have your typical ED, either vascular or diabetes related, but a strange, contractile condition that only now is just starting to be recognized. Because of this, if I try to stretch the flaccid, the contraction literally fights against me and starts to retract the penis. It's very strange; probably a hyperactive nerve or something (https://auanews.net/issues/articles/2023/may-2023/hard-flaccid-syndrome-proposed-to-be-secondary-to-pathological-activation-of-a-pelvic/pudendal-hypogastric-reflex). But who knows; maybe a doctor would be able to aggressively stretch it out more.

Once again, thanks for the response!

whynotme

Postby whynotme » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:06 pm

trimix quit working for me so injecting me would be of no value.
even the strongest dose and full dosage quit working (after 6 years of use)
so i finally am having the surgery this week
surgery done in london ontario jan 2024 at age 71 / titon

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:08 pm

whynotme:

I'm assuming you can still get a good stretch though, right?

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:19 pm

It probably won't do any good to mention another time that the stretch test has nothing to do with the size of the implant. I don't know why some well-respected surgeons even still bother doing it.

My surgeon didn't do it, and he didn't want to know what I thought I was pre-op.
He measured and fitted me with a moderately oversized implant, and I also ended up with more that my lifelong size.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:56 am

tomas1:

That's good to hear, but I'm still curious as to how he measured you (?).

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:47 pm

fucked0ne wrote:tomas1:

You have been sleeping in class. The dr measures INSIDE your dick with a special tool once you are sedated & he cuts you open. He has a large selection of sizes available to him at the time of surgery. Once sedated your body relaxes. The tool has a ball on the end that allows the dr to safely push until the tissue won't stretch anymore. He measure twice, once towards the tips (distal) & once down into your body (proximal). These two numbers are added together. This is that size of implant you get. If you take some time to watch YouTube vidoes it is perfectly clear about the process.

This is why the stretch test is so useless. There is no possible way to measure the part of your penis that extends into your body from the outside of your body. My stretch test was 12.5cm. As my signature line says. I have a 21cm implant. A 12.5cm implant would barely exit my body.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:14 pm

Gt1956:

NOW I got you! I was confused about the internal measurement (not asleep). I've seen this, but I was unaware that it was used for measuring; I thought it was just for dilation.

This response is terrific and pretty much tells me everything I wanted to know! Thanks for this.

I guess I'll reserve all other questions for whichever doctor I decide to go with.

Thanks again to everyone who responded! What a great board!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:55 pm

fucked0ne wrote:Gt1956:

NOW I got you! I was confused about the internal measurement (not asleep). I've seen this, but I was unaware that it was used for measuring; I thought it was just for dilation.

This response is terrific and pretty much tells me everything I wanted to know! Thanks for this.

I guess I'll reserve all other questions for whichever doctor I decide to go with.

Thanks again to everyone who responded! What a great board!

One last point. The erectile tissue in your penis IS NOT removed. The ball merely pushed it apart. I think this explains some men that report feelings of mild erections after an implant. Again, my opinion, it explains why the diameter of the implant cylinders are not as important as some think it is. The displaced erectile tissue adds to the implant diameter to a degree. Once the tunica max diameter is reached then the tissue begins to compress. Thus to a degree both implants are stopped at the tunicas limits. The problem is that the 2 leading companies use different words to explain what their implants do on girth. I think that in the real world. The behave very similar as far as girth is concerned.

You may not of noticed. The dilating tool had marks on the shaft in .5cm increments. This allows for quick & accurate measurements.

Don't hesitate to ask for clarifications. Your time with the dr is limited. You can't possibly get all your questions answered in the interview. Save the hard ones for him. Bring the easy ones here. Btw, my drs nurse appreciated my knowledge. It made the discussions go better because she didn't have to stop & explain what each technical word meant.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Bent Ben

Postby Bent Ben » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:07 pm

I believe the in office stretch test is for the benefit of the patient not the surgeon. Im thinking it is to address the loss of size and set expectations early. If you can bare it, go to YouTube and watch the surgery. Dr Hakky has very good episodes on there. You will see the real measuring happens during surgery.
I told Dr Hakky this and while he didnt agree or disagree with me, he didnt do a stretch test. You tell me what that means….

Find a good surgeon and let them do the best they can.
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:40 pm

fucked0ne wrote:tomas1:

Doc said he'd induce an erection when I was out.
I guess they would do an external measurement, then an internal measurement on the proximal (inner part).

I didn't ask for the details.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”