Stretch test for sizing of implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fucked0ne

Stretch test for sizing of implant

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:46 am

Hi,

I guess this is a question for those who already have implanted devices, or maybe some relevant urological knowledge. Why do urologists insist on stretching the flaccid penis for size rather than, say, inject alprostadil to induce a full erection? To me, the latter just seems to make more sense--but I'm sure there's something I'm missing. My problem is I really would like to get an implant, but when I stretch flaccid, I lose about two inches which, for my size, would leave me with something I'd be too embarrassed to even use. (I'd probably be able to deal with that, however, if I were already married for several years.)

Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm just really curious.

fucked0ne

Ronn1708

Re: Stretch test for sizing of implant

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:06 am

How do you lose inches when you stretch your penis away from your body?
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:19 am

Hi Ron1708,

I have a condition called hard flaccid--I can get an erection with manual stimulation, but in the flaccid state it is firm and contracted. This contraction makes it difficult to stretch.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:21 am

Funny thing. I consulted with Drs Perito & Clavell (chose Clavell).

Dr. Perito did the stretch test in the office. Dr. Clavell had me stretch via video consult. I prayed it would be better than that. It was.

Clavell induced a saline erection while under anesthesia. Then took careful measurements of the corpora and crus using surgical measuring instruments.

End result, i’m about 1 cm longer than OEM, and bigger girth. Very satisfied.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:27 am

ThailandBound,

That's very encouraging! Thanks for this! But if that's the case--the saline injection--what's even the point of the stretch test? Are you longer now compared to the stretch test?

I'm assuming the saline contained either papaverine or phentolamine (?).

fucked0ne

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:46 am

I think the stretch test is just to give the patient some idea of size. Once implanted you’ll be a shower. There is no blood in the corpora just the cylinders. I’m not familiar with your condition but a urologist that does implants probably has dealt with a patient with your condition in the past. They can give you all the information you need. I wouldn’t stress over the test. Just like the other guy said. They give you an artificial erection in the OR then measure. Your corpora’s are a given length. A good high volume surgeon is going to get a good measurement then add just a little bit ;)
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:52 am

Thanks Ron1708!

Yeah, the condition is rare, but it's just now being recognized if you Google it. Were you implanted? Do you know if the doctor induced a saline erection in your case?

SthAv8tr

Postby SthAv8tr » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:06 am

I'll add to my experience. The Dr told me to grab the tip and stretch and thay'll be what to expect.

I was disappointed and sad because it wasn't much but having an erection was better than not so I proceeded with the surgery.

I will say I am much longer than I was doing the stretch test. Very pleased.
38 Ed caused by bike accident at 19, Meds & ved for 18 years.
Titan Coloplast/genesis pump March 22, 2023 By Dr. Clavell
5.75L 5.5G prior to implant.
03/22/23 Titan/Genesis 22cm by Dr. Clavell
6L 6G Post implant.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:05 am

Thanks for the response SthAv8tr! That's really good to hear.

It occurred to me that perhaps many of us aren't even performing the stretch test to its full potential; we're afraid we might damage the penis.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:30 am

fucked0ne wrote:Hi,
I guess this is a question for those who already have implanted devices, or maybe some relevant urological knowledge. Why do urologists insist on stretching the flaccid penis for size rather than, say, inject alprostadil to induce a full erection? To me, the latter just seems to make more sense--but I'm sure there's something I'm missing. My problem is I really would like to get an implant, but when I stretch flaccid, I lose about two inches which, for my size, would leave me with something I'd be too embarrassed to even use. (I'd probably be able to deal with that, however, if I were already married for several years.)

Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm just really curious.

fucked0ne

Just my opinion on this. I only see 1 benefit to any pre surgery measuring. What you measure has absolutely no impact on the size of implant you'll get. Trust me on this. Trauma, ie surgery, causes the penis to retract for a period of time. I had a minor circumcision. After the procedure I was shorter for some time. I forget but I think it was about 2 months.

After the implant surgery literally EVERY man thinks he was undersized badly simply because of this penile retraction. This leads to arguing with the dr. With the stretch test, he can point out that this is all you brought to me & you still have it. The hidden meaning is you waited too long to get an implant. How can you argue, all the evidence is there. Your dr does not want to argue with you. He knows that you'll likely be happier than all hell in 6 months.

Once sedated your body relaxes. This allows the dr to get a better internal measurement for the implant size. The easiest way to mimic this relaxing is by a vigorous stretch test. If you're doing your own stretch test. I can assure you that the dr will pull it a lot harder than you can/will. If you're not ready or braced you could fall on your face, yup.

You need to remember a few things. The medical communities goal is to get you an erection. Your size is of no concern. This is why the constant mantra is to use an experienced dr. A dr that knows & cares about his patients concerns. A dr that does the surgery correctly. Lots of names are thrown around but those names are just a fraction of the good drs in the USA.

My own experience. I was not happy about my stretched length but the reality of even being able to get an erection ruled. At my first checkup I was about .5cm longer than the test. Steady cycling has me about 2cm above the test. My youthful girth was a bit over 6". I'm currently about 6".

Men are not always rational about their dicks. Most men over estimate their size. Be sure to use the exact method that drs use. Btw, I kind of doubt that your stretch length is 2" shorter than your erection but it does happen in some men. I forget which dr says this in his YouTube video. ED shrinks your penis not your dr. The longer that you delay getting an implant after regular night time erections stop. The higher your chance of losing length becomes. If you have peyronies then that is an additional risk to size.

At some point in time you'll realize that you can sit a home & watch your dick shrink or you can fix it. I fixed mine. Neither my wife or myself regret my decision.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”