Aetna Private Insurance through Employer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ronn1708

Aetna Private Insurance through Employer

Postby Ronn1708 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:26 pm

Has anyone had an implant using Aetna Private Insurance that is provided by your employer?? I am just trying to see if they cover the surgery. I called and the rep said they do but requires preauthorization. I called the doctors office and was told they generally reject covering it when its a private policy through an employer. She said if it was medicare it generally does cover. I think Precertification has been submitted but usually takes two weeks for response... :(
Thanks!
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Gt1956

Re: Aetna Private Insurance through Employer

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:10 pm

I had Aetna. Once I retired & moved to Medicare I switched to an Aetna Advantage plan. I did have coverage thru Mecicare. I'm not sure how or what Aetna covered. I recently learned that the anesthesia doesn't do billing. I need to pass the bill to the approriate companies. I had run into this before with a surgery my wife had. I'm hopeful that at worst I'll have a modest copay.

My advice, ask your drs billing staff about your Aetna coverage. They have more experience dealing with implant coverage than anyone you can reach by phone.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:50 pm

Gt1956 wrote:My advice, ask your drs billing staff about your Aetna coverage. They have more experience dealing with implant coverage than anyone you can reach by phone.

This. When I called BCBS they said it was covered, but then when the surgeon's office contacted them it was denied due to an exclusion in my company's policy. I waited a year and enrolled in Medicare.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

jdsatx1977

Postby jdsatx1977 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:01 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Has anyone had an implant using Aetna Private Insurance that is provided by your employer?? I am just trying to see if they cover the surgery. I called and the rep said they do but requires preauthorization. I called the doctors office and was told they generally reject covering it when its a private policy through an employer. She said if it was medicare it generally does cover. I think Precertification has been submitted but usually takes two weeks for response... :(
Thanks!

We had Aetna last year and I was denied. Went through the appeals process, and was told they would approve it if my do used a different diagnosis code. Makes no damn sense to me. My doc agreed and said we will try again this year. We have Cigna now so who knows if they will approve it.
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

Return to “Implants”