Pump stuck to testicle

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cautiouslyoptimistic

Pump stuck to testicle

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 pm

I’m about a week out from a revision, switched a 21 cm AMS CX out for a 24 cm Titan. Left side of my scrotum feels perfect with no swelling, but the right side is pretty swollen, sore, and bruised. The pump comes way up to the front of my scrotum as opposed to low and deep where it’s supposed to sit. It feels like it’s attached to my right nut. I’ve tried to gently move it but it’s really sore and when i do that it tends to make my scrotum swell up even more. It’s pushing my right nut further to the right and also upward. It’s painful and uncomfortable, i’d say like a 5 out of 10 but does get worse when standing for a long period, or walking around.

Should I be worried, will it eventually free itself, or could this be an early sign of infection? Stitches look fine and I can make out the pump and bulb, it’s just in an awful spot. I’ve had 4 surgeries already and I have zero desire to do another. Any feedback would be appreciated!

cautiouslyoptimistic

Re: Pump stuck to testicle

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:25 pm

It’s almost giving me that sensation that you get when you get kicked in the nuts, not pleasant. Worried this will also prevent me from cycling if it stays in the same spot. Main concern is avoiding infection of course.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:20 pm

Anyone?

Wiggles123

Postby Wiggles123 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:30 pm

Hi. YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOUR SURGEON. - Simple fact!

As for the pump being stuck to your testicle, not possible. Your pump is placed in a pouch formed by separating the layers of your scrotal skin (it is not in contact with your actual testicles). It is possible that there is a hematoma in the pump pouch, which might need draining. It is possible that the tubing is too short - this is something the surgeon would have to determine, The pump comes pre-attached to the cylinders.

It might just be inflammation and swelling. I personally would "play" around with the pump to see if I could get it in a different position (you may need to gently pull / tug on it to get the tubing in a better position). But, as I started this response, you NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOUR SURGEON or get a second opinion.

Best wishes. These things usually have easy answers.
AMS700 CX 21cm with 3 RTE 4-2019 by Dr Natale - failed 5-2021. Revision 6-2021 with issue (scrotal hematoma and infection). Dr. Ryan Terlecki revision 3-28-2022 (AMS700 CX 21cm with 1.5cm RTE). Cylinder failure at 18 months. 24cm AMS700 CX 11-29-2023.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:36 am

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:Anyone?

Patience grasshopper. I think its very common. Mine was stuck also. Yes, the nut doesn't like being a siamese twin. Everytime you go pee, gently slide your fingers between the pump & what ever its stuck to. Give a little pull, tug or squeeze to seperate them. I'm not sure but I think mine took close to 3 months. Just all of a sudden I noticed that the pump was floating around. Btw. When it finally seperates. Pumping gets more effective a lot easier.

You can try taking ibuprofen during the day so you can pull the stuck pump easier.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:14 am

I have a 106 degree hot tub I used during healing and I would gently push them apart. BUT, my surgeon said NO positioning no pulling , just leave alone.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:57 pm

Appreciate the feedback. Slightly less pain today but the pump bulb is way at the front of my scrotum and it’s literally sitting on my right testicle. Praying it finds a better spot in time, maybe when the swelling goes down more i can try to move it, idk. Just praying for no infection, but I think if the pump stays in this spot it’s going to be a problem. It’s a nightmare scenario to think about any sort of revision. Might just live with it either way if it’s not infected

CigareVolant

Postby CigareVolant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm

Here's my experience. Everything is great now, so as you read this keep in mind that I love my implant and have no regrets at all. In fact, I wish I'd done it sooner.

At the start, I had trouble with a swollen ball on the right side, near the implant. Things seemed fine when I left the hospital, but somehow my body reacted funny over the next day or two. I've always wondered whether I did something over-agressive to cause that. In addition to being swollen, the testicle seemed to be attached to the pump. I couldn't really get in there to feel the pump. The doctor had told me to "pull the pump down", but I couldn't figure out how to get my hands on it independent of the testicle, which I didn't (obviously) want to tug on.

I kept notes, and at two weeks, I wrote this: "Things still feel pretty weird around my right testicle, so I've been very tentative in even touching it at all. When I do touch, it's still like there's a big, weird lump (cardboard like?) down in the lower right. I think I can feel the ball of the pump but I've never clearly felt stuff further up. That would require poking and exploring harder than I want to. The doc said it was just a 'swollen testicle', but it seems like multiple different things in there. I don't know how different parts of a testicle might swell, though, so who knows."

At 4 weeks the swelling was down but it was still hard for me to feel the valve control above the pump. It wasn't until around the 8th week that stuff started to feel pretty normal. Up until the 8th week I struggled to deflate and sometimes I would give up and try again 30 minutes later. Now, a year and a half later, it is so normal and easy to deflate. I wonder if the valve was stiffer back then, if there was still some swelling blocking things, or if it's just that my fingers now know exactly what to feel for.

At 12 weeks I wrote: "My implant feels like part of me. Just normal. Inflating is easy, and I can even do it with my left hand. Deflation is easy and always works. (Sometimes it takes a bit longer than others, but it's never a problem. The skin feels 'thinner' and I can more easily feel the components on the pump. My fingers are so used to how everything is positioned that I can usually go directly to the deflate position with little if any feeling around for right spot. Partly because I'm used to it, I think, but also because the thin-ness lets me feel the correct 'landing spots' for finger and thumb."

All through this my doctor told me, "Your experience worse than average, but there's nothing I haven't seen plenty of times, and you are going to be completely fine." He was right.
Implanted June, 2022 by Dr. Karpman. 22cm Titan with 1.5cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”