Nervous Being up during surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Havahtequila

Nervous Being up during surgery

Postby Havahtequila » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:34 pm

[*] Hi

When getting the surgery it seems my half of my body will be numb.

Did anyone get anxious or nervous that they were kept still or couldn’t move.

I wish I will be knocked out so I don’t know what’s going on. By seeing or hearing

Thanks
Last edited by Havahtequila on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Surgery from Dr EID

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:47 pm

You will do fine. Ot exactly how he does it but my Dr did a block and light sedation. No pain at all.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Ronn1708

Re: Nervous Being up during surgery

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:50 pm

They have put me to sleep every time and I’m glad they did. I watched a doctor do work on my foreskin once under a block and I wish I hadn’t. Blood don’t bother me much until it’s mine !!!
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Havahtequila wrote:[*] Hi

When getting the surgery it seems my half of my body will be numb.

Did anyone get anxious or nervous that they were kept still or couldn’t move.

I wish I will be knocked out so I don’t know what’s going on. By seeing or hearing

Thanks

I have trouble with general. I hate it and most sedation even. For my repair I just had a spinal block. I was awake for the whole thing. Well mostly as I caught a little nap or 3. I am really sensitive as they almost even over did the spinal block. That would have stopped my heart. I could not feel anything or move anything from my ribcage down. Not bad at all. Just had to wait a long time for my body to wake up enough to move and be able to pee. After I was able to pee, they kicked me out fast. Kept doing an ultrasound of my bladder to make sure it was not in danger of being too full. The 2.5-hour (3 hour if you include lunch stop) ride home was not a lot of fun. But after I was home, I was fine. Much better than the fog and sickness from general for me. I have hearing loss and could not understand anything they were saying. Makes it easy to catch a nap that way.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Simoxxx

Postby Simoxxx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:37 am

I'm also a little scared about general anesthesia. I talked about it with the doctor and he told me that if I want he can do the one that puts me to sleep from the torso down, but I don't know at this point whether it's better to have total anesthesia and sleep or stay awake and maybe have a few panic attacks. .
47 years old, I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction for about 24 years due to a serious venous leak. Pills only worked at the beginning now I use VED with cock ring but not entirely satisfactory. Planting scheduled for April 26th

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:54 am

Just share your concern with your anesthesia provider. It’s a common fear and they typically give some sedation medication even if you aren’t “asleep”. They can likely make it so even if you are aware of what is happening in the room you don’t care.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:53 am

Sorry, but for me there is no way I want to be awake during an implant. When I had my implant done it was the first time I had been put to sleep via anesthesia as an adult. Didn't know how my body was going to react.
If they only numb your lower torso they will probably put a curtain up. When my MIL had hand surgery they numbed her arm and set up a curtain. She asked if she could watch, they said no.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Havahtequila

Postby Havahtequila » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:46 pm

Will speak to the anesthesiologist and the dr. My dr. Dr Eid does a spinal tap. And to my understanding you are awake and conscious to some degree.

Return to “Implants”