Wrong diagnosis code

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jdsatx1977

Wrong diagnosis code

Postby jdsatx1977 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:08 am

So, Aetna, ultimately denied my implant procedure due to a wrong diagnosis code. That straight out screamed that they were looking at any way no to pay. My doc Dr. ( Le Roy Jones) was as confused as I was on their logic.

Now I am back to square one with insurance since my employer switched to Cigna.

Has anyone else dealt with that non-sense as well?
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

Old Guy

Re: Wrong diagnosis code

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:29 am

Not a denial but my insurance was definitely trying to talk me out of it. UHC rep called me after surgeon's billing dept. submitted the claim. She went into all the negative details that could possibly happen during the surgery.
Keep submitting a claim. Keep fighting the insurance. ED is a broken body function that needs to be fixed.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:36 am

Be careful i had Cigna with my first one they okayed it... conformation # whole bit then 3 days before surgery on a Friday got a letter said its not covered Talked with Doc and Hospital said they cant do that .... went a head had surgery got stuck with a 89k dollar bill from the hospital i paid for Doc and anesthesia out of pocket which covered the deductible.... all i can say is be carful with Cigna
Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm very happy

jdsatx1977

Postby jdsatx1977 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:19 am

rdnkbiker wrote:Be careful i had Cigna with my first one they okayed it... conformation # whole bit then 3 days before surgery on a Friday got a letter said its not covered Talked with Doc and Hospital said they cant do that .... went a head had surgery got stuck with a 89k dollar bill from the hospital i paid for Doc and anesthesia out of pocket which covered the deductible.... all i can say is be carful with Cigna
Jim

Thanks for the heads up. If they decided to try and pull that I would have no trouble taking them to court over it. I will make sure I have that in writing if approved.
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:37 pm

jdsatx1977 wrote:
rdnkbiker wrote:Be careful i had Cigna with my first one they okayed it... conformation # whole bit then 3 days before surgery on a Friday got a letter said its not covered Talked with Doc and Hospital said they cant do that .... went a head had surgery got stuck with a 89k dollar bill from the hospital i paid for Doc and anesthesia out of pocket which covered the deductible.... all i can say is be carful with Cigna
Jim

Thanks for the heads up. If they decided to try and pull that I would have no trouble taking them to court over it. I will make sure I have that in writing if approved.

Surgery done Nov 16, 2022. Awaiting word on my 2nd appeal with BCBS. They authorized the surgery to deciding to not pay afterwards, The Board met early December and still haven't heard a word. Everyone seems to think that they will eventually pay and my good Dr has not asked me for a dime...yet. Just incredible. Lawyer waiting on the sidelines too.

Return to “Implants”