Why do some have real problems with a semi-erect?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Flexwheeler

Why do some have real problems with a semi-erect?

Postby Flexwheeler » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi folks,

This is regarding the Titan.

Most men with a Titan are very pleased. But I also read that a lot of men have really problems hiding the Titan bulge. And not a normal big bulge, but a bulge pointing out like a semi -erect. Because of this some guys really regret and can't have a normal social life. People thinking they are aroused when close to kids.

So why is this that some guys have this problem? Is it because they are to short/thin/thick not enough gravity for a Titan. Is it the pump?

Lost Sheep

Re: Why do some have real problems with a semi-erect?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Flexwheeler wrote:Hi folks,

Most men with a Titan are very pleased. But I also read that a lot of men have really problems hiding the Titan bulge. And not a normal big bulge, but a bulge pointing out like a semi -erect. Because of this some guys really regret and can't have a normal social life. People thinking they are aroused when close to kids.

So why is this that some guys have this problem? Is it because they are to short/thin/thick not enough gravity for a Titan. Is it the pump?

Generally not the pump. The Titan pumps are smaller than the AMS pump currently in use. I am not sure about the new AMS pump model. Some men, especially thin ones and who have the reservoir placed in particular locations have the reservoir apparent.

In another thread, I posted this answer to the question of dealing with the social repercussions of having what appears to be an erection.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23306&start=40
One guy describes some very disturbing interactions at a Real Estate seminar which could have severe repercussions to business opportunities and another testimony worries about a couple of girls reacting to him.

In that thread, I posted:

Take a hint from women who learn to "dress around" their bodily defects and to enhance/accentuate their bodily attributes/assets. Also, anyone who carries concealed firearms who learn to "dress around the gun" for effective concealment. One does not have to wear "clown pants" to conceal a inconvenient bulge.

Athletic supporter (jock strap) keeps things organized pretty well.

Compression underwear with penis pointed up or up and to the side

Complete deflation can work fairly well (in case you are not getting it complete)

A kilt with a heavy sporrin (this posted partly in jest, unless you are Scottish)

I have sometimes thought about padding out my abdomen to give my penis somewhere to hide (at the cost of people thinking I am overweight). Not a serious thought, but a thought nonetheless.

Accept the obtrusiveness of the implant as one of the costs of restoration of your manhood and being able to have sex again.

Somewhat aside and philosophical: When I was in my teens and early 20s, I sometimes worried about having unwanted erections during medical exams, public speaking presentations, public gatherings, parties, etc. That went away with ED. I am not sure what that observation brings to this part of the conversation (problems with the bulge), but there it is.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dentestes

Postby dentestes » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:59 pm

Am six months in and absolutely zero problems with the titan bulge. I now go to the gym regularly with no farce at all and without "special clothing/underwear" I think consistent cycling and complete deflation are the keys for me and patience as well. It took many months before i felt like the cylinders began to truly soften

October26

Postby October26 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:15 pm

It really is not a problem. My flaccid penis is about 6" long and bends/dog-ears about 3" from the base, so if I am wearing a swimsuit the dog ear is visible and draws attention to the size of the bulge. (Meaning others can see there is a 6" flaccid penis under the swim brief.) I swim early morning and don't wear the brief style swimsuit during regular hours, so it is not a problem. Bulge-wise with some suits I point the penis to the side and others I point it downward, so it looks less noticeable.

I do not have a bulge problem wearing jeans or dress pants, though I wear bikini style underwear. I keep pretty covered up when in the locker room. Both my GP doctor and dermatologist are women, and they are aware that I had the implant, so I am sure they don't think anything of it when they see me naked. I also see an esthetician and I have not shared with my present one that I had the surgery so maybe she wonders about the penis appearing to be semi-erect. I told my previous esthetician but just did not bother to explain to the present one--she hasn't said anything.

I am very pleased with the Titan for many reasons and the bulge issue is minor. Does that help or did I just make it more confusing?
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:19 pm

1 year postop. Titan.

The cylinders are much softer now. The simple pressure of my boxer briefs keeps my flaccid pointed down. Bigger bulge than before, but i like it. On the nude beach it doesn’t lay down flat and hang (well, it never did before anyway). It stands up to about the 5 o clock position. Just looks like i’m happy to be there but not totally aroused.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Mrprime

Postby Mrprime » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:30 pm

I have a titan...ive been a grower all my life..FOR ONCE I BULGE and im loving the feeling. Dont get me wrong..i havent been anywhere yet to let it shine thru some gray sweatpants...hahhaha...I have a penis that likes shriveling down to 2 inches but its holding 24cm titan..and the titan isnt that thin..it buckles but it doesnt fold. So it natural pushes out and away and there is always some fluid in it to make it heavy in a way..Its going to point 45 degrees out and down. Just wear briefs. Enjoy it.Thats how im living.
Bionic on Nov 7 2023 24cm coloplast titan
48yr old. Pills & Injections barely & stopped working.
Implanted by DR who uses NO touch TECHNIQUE.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 am

Before you jump to this bulge conclusion. I strongly suggest that you compare the date of their surgery to the date of the post on each member complaining. Do not pay any attention to posts from internet experts that do not have an implant. I think you'll find most of the complaints come from men that have had their implant less than 6 months. Perhaps a little longer than 6 months. It just takes time for the implant to get soft & settle into a better hang.

Case in point. Even my CX was on the minor side of a bulge. It isn't now. Surprise, it is softer.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Flexwheeler

Postby Flexwheeler » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:41 am

Gt1956 wrote:

Before you jump to this bulge conclusion. I strongly suggest that you compare the date of their surgery to the date of the post on each member complaining. Do not pay any attention to posts from internet experts that do not have an implant. I think you'll find most of the complaints come from men that have had their implant less than 6 months. Perhaps a little longer than 6 months. It just takes time for the implant to get soft & settle into a better hang.

Case in point. Even my CX was on the minor side of a bulge. It isn't now. Surprise, it is softer.

Yes I looked at the date of implant and the post.
Their are still plenty of guys with a Titan who have problems hide an "semi-erect" who are over 6 months of their implant date.

@Aussie Peyronies still has problems with the bulge after 10+ months
@ Tokyo_123 who has to wear a leg beg daily to hide it after 14 months
@ Corey212 after 2,5 years the semi-erect destroyed his social life
There was a guy who had problems at the church being around children.
@MK1964 who switched after 2 years from Titan to AMS because of all the problems he had with a "semi erect". And there are lots of more men having problems with being not obscene.

I have to say most Titan man have not these problems. I am glad for them. But what I mean is that with Titan there is a big risk you end with a semi-erect which is hard or not to hide.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:47 am

Post op when your 75 percent hard for 5 weeks, that was hard to hide. 2 months post op and beyond hasnt been an issue for me. I ware boxers and just dont care if people see a bulge, my flaccid runs straight down my leg. If that bothers you, i can ware tight underwear and point it left or right horizontally and you would be hard pressed to tell, it’s unnoticeable.

I like it, i went from turtle dick to 5 inch flaccid, feels nice. I do still ware the baby socks from time to time, especially in jeans. I think the glands being so exposed all the time reduces my sensitivity.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:23 pm

Aussie Peyronis had a skin graft. An uncommon procedure. In my opinion, he might have a problem for a long time.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”