Preventing dogears. Is it necessary?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Edthefiddleman

Preventing dogears. Is it necessary?

Postby Edthefiddleman » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:09 am

I have an AMS 700 LGX implanted almost 2 years ago. When flaccid and in some body positions the unit will dogear near the base of my penis. There is no pain associated. My concern is that the cylinders can be damaged after daily repetition of this. I picture a garden hose doing this and gotta believe it does the structural integrity no good. I have searched literature and there are no data to confirm my concerns. I have lately been giving one or two pumps to partially fill the cylinders and this. Is this necessary? Have your individual surgeons remarked on this.
73 yo married 46 years. ED after robotic surgery for prostate cancer in 2007. Implanted AMS 700 LGX 18cm + RTE 2 cm, in February 2022 by Dr Neel Parekh, Cleveland Clinic, Glickman Urological Institute.

Witheringhog

Re: Preventing dogears. Is it necessary?

Postby Witheringhog » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:33 am

Edthefiddleman wrote:I have an AMS 700 LGX implanted almost 2 years ago. When flaccid and in some body positions the unit will dogear near the base of my penis. There is no pain associated. My concern is that the cylinders can be damaged after daily repetition of this. I picture a garden hose doing this and gotta believe it does the structural integrity no good. I have searched literature and there are no data to confirm my concerns. I have lately been giving one or two pumps to partially fill the cylinders and this. Is this necessary? Have your individual surgeons remarked on this.

Hi Ed,

I have thought about the same/ i will give a pump or two to get ride of the dog ears as well. It only makes sense, your dick will be moving around all day, if you have a kink it could only ware out that spot quicker. I haven’t seen any data but 100% agree with your theory.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

riseagain

Postby riseagain » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 am

Worried about the same thing and do the same thing. A pump or two helps a lot. Also, gives you a better bulge. Get a lot of stares these days,.
65 yrs old. Married 38 years to an awesome wife. Implanted on 8/4/2022 Titan 24cm XL. Dr Hakky. Loving the implant so far.

October26

Postby October26 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:22 pm

I asked about this question and my doctor said the dog ear does not weaken the area over time. She also said it was okay to partially inflate for a better appearance when undressed or for comfort. Like someone else wrote here, a few pumps removes the dog ear without 'erecting' the penis. When sitting nude talking to the doctor, I am more relaxed about it is the dog ear is not visible.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Return to “Implants”