We need more Malleable discussions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pamen116

We need more Malleable discussions

Postby Pamen116 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:29 am

With the increase in IPP 3 piece failure- I believe people need to know their options when considering an implant.

I been on this forum for over 2 years now and I’ve seen little to no feedback/pictures on malleable.

For some of us young guys the smartest decision we can make is choosing an implant if we’ve exhausted ever other options in the market for ED, BUT as a young person it’s also difficult to imagine 3-4 revisions down the road when choosing to get implanted

Just some food for thought. Good day!
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Mark1974

Re: We need more Malleable discussions

Postby Mark1974 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:10 am

The problem with malleables for a long period is they can cause erosion and glans atrophy. I have heard this from both Dr. Perito and Dr Eid on Youtube although I don't have the sources at my fingertips.

That said I think about malleables also. I'm hoping to get implanted this year with an AMS CX, but if I have several quick failures or an infection I think about the Tactra. I do worry about tissue atrophy with malleables
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:22 am

Pamen116 wrote:With the increase in IPP 3 piece failure- I believe people need to know their options when considering an implant.
(edited for focus)

Yes, people do need to know their options and there is VERY little discussion about malleables. I also must point out that the "increase in IPP 3 piece failure' is illusory. The rate of failures is unlikely to be higher than in previous years. More likely a result of more reporting.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Dapkin

Postby Dapkin » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:01 am

On FrankTalk, there is next to nothing on malleable prostheses....and frankly it is very discouraging for those considering one. Besides the lack of information, there is considerable bias against malleable implants on this platform, with people who have never had them claiming with authority that a malleable will never be truly comfortable or that the risk of constant pain and erosion with a semi-rigid devices are greater than with IPPs.

The rate of failure of IPPs is very real -there are multiple possible failure points- and with each successive surgery, the prospects of infection, scarring and reduced size all are worth considering when deciding which route to take.

On the other hand, if implanted correctly, a malleable implant may last for years -perhaps much longer than an IPP- and many men who have malleables claim that once they get used to their prosthesis, they stop becoming aware that they have one.

The rhetoric against malleable implants can at least partially be traced to the manufacturing companies pushing the more expensive devices and doctors doing the same (higher surgical fees), knowing that multiple surgeries potentially lie ahead.

At any rate, for those interested in malleable implants (or for those who have already been implanted with one), there is a whatapp group that one may join:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FJYnpIGClI98xPWHAYxk3H

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Dapkin wrote:On FrankTalk, there is next to nothing on malleable prostheses....and frankly it is very discouraging for those considering one. Besides the lack of information, there is considerable bias against malleable implants on this platform, with people who have never had them claiming with authority that a malleable will never be truly comfortable or that the risk of constant pain and erosion with a semi-rigid devices are greater than with IPPs.

The rate of failure of IPPs is very real -there are multiple possible failure points- and with each successive surgery, the prospects of infection, scarring and reduced size all are worth considering when deciding which route to take.

On the other hand, if implanted correctly, a malleable implant may last for years -perhaps much longer than an IPP- and many men who have malleables claim that once they get used to their prosthesis, they stop becoming aware that they have one.

The rhetoric against malleable implants can at least partially be traced to the manufacturing companies pushing the more expensive devices and doctors doing the same (higher surgical fees), knowing that multiple surgeries potentially lie ahead.

At any rate, for those interested in malleable implants (or for those who have already been implanted with one), there is a whatapp group that one may join:

I won't argue with you. Perhaps its a culture difference. Malleables just are not seen as replicating a natural penis very well. That is the feature that most westerners seem to want. What is seen by many cultures as big down sides. Like costs & revisions have relatively easy solutions here in many cases.

In countries where insurance isn't common. These down sides are a bigger issue. Just not a huge concern here. I'm sure that you've seen that many Americans are willing to get revisions. While they don't like them, they are generally covered by insurance.

I think the best answer is that someone needs to start a forum like FT but centered around the societies of the eastern world.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:23 am

Dapkin wrote:On FrankTalk, there is next to nothing on malleable prostheses....and frankly it is very discouraging for those considering one. Besides the lack of information, there is considerable bias against malleable implants on this platform, with people who have never had them claiming with authority that a malleable will never be truly comfortable or that the risk of constant pain and erosion with a semi-rigid devices are greater than with IPPs.

"ipp, the gold standard in malleable's" if they cost the same or less i still wouldn't' choose one . just looking at all that hardware that will go into your body and then fail later and have to be cut open again for a repeat performance is a hard pass for me .
meanwhile a malleable is always ready and nothing to malfunction .
Last edited by ready2go on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YC1990

Postby YC1990 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:00 pm

What is the life expectancy of malleable implants? Lifetime??
Implanted on 6 November 2023 (33 years old)
AMS LGX MS Pump 12mm x 18cm
Spherical Reservoir 65mL
3cm Rear Tip Extender

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 pm

anyone help me with the whatsapp? .. put it on an old iphone with no carrier service have it linked to the app on my computer but won't let me join the mallabble group? ... any ideas?

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:10 am

Pamen116 wrote:With the increase in IPP 3 piece failure- I believe people need to know their options when considering an implant.

I been on this forum for over 2 years now and I’ve seen little to no feedback/pictures on malleable.

For some of us young guys the smartest decision we can make is choosing an implant if we’ve exhausted ever other options in the market for ED, BUT as a young person it’s also difficult to imagine 3-4 revisions down the road when choosing to get implanted

Just some food for thought. Good day!

Perhaps I’m biased but I favor inflatable implants if I were to have the surgery done right now. I’m young and worry about the number of future revisions that would be required but I don’t like the idea of a constant hard-on. That being said, more discussion is always better, and it’s true that malleables aren’t discussed nearly as much as they should be. I would appreciate learning more about them.

I just created a dedicated malleable implant channel in the ED discord server I run. I would join Dapkin’s WhatsApp group but I don’t want to have my name and phone number publicly available. Discord lets you retain your privacy by just showing a chosen username like on FrankTalk while having the streamlined chat feature that makes the app valuable. It’s also accessible directly on PC, no need for a phone. Hopefully having another outlet for discussion can stimulate conversation. The server link is in my signature area if anyone is interested. Cheers
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.
Tried pills, injections, shockwave therapy, rings, healthy lifestyle, alternative meds.

Implant T-Shirts: https://www.bionicbrothers.store
ED Discord: https://discord.gg/tdtu7WTa4a
Pump: https://tinyurl.com/57buc55e

Dapkin

Postby Dapkin » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:33 am

easymoney wrote:anyone help me with the whatsapp? .. put it on an old iphone with no carrier service have it linked to the app on my computer but won't let me join the mallabble group? ... any ideas?

When you say no carrier service I presume you mean that you do not have a cell phone number associated with that phone? Until you have a number provided by a cell phone company, you won't have a Whatsapp account (I believe Whatsapp is working on providing accounts even without a cell phone number, but that is still in the works).

If you do have a cell phone number, you can PM it to me and I will see if I could try to add you to the Whatsapp group.

Return to “Implants”