Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ronn1708

Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

Postby Ronn1708 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:14 am

For guys that have had both devices …
Which did you like the best?? Pros ?? Cons ??
Getting ready for my 6th revision. I’ve always had Titan.
I’m considering AMS…

Thanks for any input !
Last edited by Ronn1708 on Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Stayingstrong

Re: Titan vs AMS

Postby Stayingstrong » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:52 am

Ronn1708 wrote:For guys that have had both devices …
Which did you like the best?? Pros ?? Cons ??
Getting ready for my 6th revision. I’ve always had Titan.
I’m considering AMS…

Thanks for any input !

Just got a Titan.
What is it that would make you lean toward the AMS?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:48 am

I don't think there is a simple answer to this question. Many discussions were on here about which is better: Titan or AMS?
Both can have failures, AMS with its pump, while Titan's main issue is tubing. I see more Titan failures than AMS here on FT. percentage may make you directly think about avoiding Titan, but on the other side top implant surgeons in USA, Eid, Hakky, and Clavell use Titan mostly, with great results. So, is the product to blame or the surgeons?
IMO, if the implant is done by a competent surgeon, the possibility of failure is minimal, but can still happen. We, implanted men, don't really know if we are taking proper care of the implant, or if we are mis-using it. The way we have sex, exercise, cycling, inflating and deflating, are all factors that could contribute to failure without we know.
Another thing I noticed is younger people tend to go for Titan more than AMS. They are more active, have more frequent and vigorous sex, mostly with multiple partners who don't know about the implant and be careful with it. Last thing is Titan is recommended for larger size implants, which seem to have more failure rates. Maybe that is the reason which kept Boston Scientific away from producing implants bigger than 21cm, with only 24cm as a special order.
If you add a signature, it will help members answer your questions, specicially with the fact that you already had 5 implants before.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:12 pm

AMS or Titan?

Which is a better pickup? A Toyota Tundra or a Dodge Ram? An iPhone or an Android? Mac or PC? Wranglers or Levi’s?

To answer one question, one reason the op might want to try AMS is-he’s had 6 Titans.

I’ve got an AMS. 4 trouble free years after a totally uneventful installation.

They’re both quality, proven products. I’ve never seen mean/median time for revision but THAT would be interesting.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:21 pm

Txagq8 wrote:AMS or Titan?
Which is a better pickup? A Toyota Tundra or a Dodge Ram? An iPhone or an Android? Mac or PC? Wranglers or Levi’s?
To answer one question, one reason the op might want to try AMS is-he’s had 6 Titans.
They’re both quality, proven products. I’ve never seen mean/median time for revision but THAT would be interesting.

What is in a name? Dr Krammer said in one of his YouTube videos that the Titan was a great name. To me he was implying that the name was a marketing ploy designed with men in mind. The same implant wouldn't be as popular if it was called the Princess.

When I first joined FT I was ready to fly east & get a Titan from Krammer. I had the cash. I spent a long time reading literally thousands of old posts. Looked at stats, results & reports of cons of each. Then I put aside all the hype about the brands. I carefully evaluated what my penis used to be. Then matched my anatomy to the implants.

Surprisingy, I lined up with AMS better than Coloplast. I set aside the advertising & wild claims by men that post about Titan glories but don't have an implant. Many men believe that Titans give you more girth based upon the cylinder size. Truth is that the difference to a CX isn't very much. Since I had previously been 6+" girth. I was beyond confident that an AMS would get me back to it.

In the big picture. Either implant would work reasonably well in almost any man. The deciding factor should be how you feel about the well published cons of each. The implants are designed to sell. They need to appeal to the largest segment of the target population. That is where the money is.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:37 pm

If anyone is interested.

Coloplast Titan vs AMS 700 Penile Implants for Erectile Dysfunction: Which Is the Best For You?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFIVJr3Ea8
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

ruwansilva25

Postby ruwansilva25 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:44 am

Unrelated question- why did your doctor give you a 5cm RTE instead of increasing the implant length and giving you smaller RTE?
40 YO. Been on pills since late 20s. Pills now starting to not work. Might be vein leak. Dont want injections. Hoping to get checked out next month for implant.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:38 pm

With over 8000 implants (both Coloplast and AMS), 35 years of performing them, and less than a half of one percent infection rate (0.46 to be precise) for well over the last 4000 of them after incorporating his "no touch" technique, I did not even question hi
Dr. Francois Eid when he, very decisively, said he was using a Titan with the classic pump.
Only a doctor who has performed extensive amounts of implants with both products and has the feedback from all the men he has treated can, most accurately, decide which implant is best compatible for the patient.
The viewpoints of EVERYONE on this forum is subjective and based on only what they have read and their own personal experience
Any surgeon with extensive experience should know, immediately, which devise is best for a given patient and be able to tell you why. If they don't, then change your doctor.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:43 pm

ruwansilva25 wrote:

Unrelated question- why did your doctor give you a 5cm RTE instead of increasing the implant length and giving you smaller RTE?

The most likely reason would be a difference in internal penis anatomy. By using 18+5 the spot where the tubing would exit the tunica would be moved forward. The best that I can tell is the dr enters corpa at a the edge of some tissue.

I have a deep crus with a CX 21cm, no rte's. That makes my pump position fairly high. I'm in contact with a member that was implanted about a month after me. Same dr, same CX implant. He also measured at 21cm. Due to the entrance incision, the pump would of been too high so he got an 18+3 implant. This put the pump lower in his scrotum. Perhaps too low. A perfect implant fit is not possible for every man. Lots of misunderstanding about rte's. They are needed to get the right implant fit. Whether for length or for corpa exit.

The tubing could be cut & spliced to move the pump around. But by having splices in the pump vicinity you might get a splice to fail. Then you'll need a revision. So is a better pump location worth the risk of a splice failure?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:00 pm

Thanks for the replies. Tokyo the video was informative. I was checking for guys they may have had both implants to see which they liked the best. A surgeon probably knows based on his training but I’m not sure how many of them have an implant installed. I don’t know about rte’s I could look back on my paperwork to find that information but wasn’t wanting this thread hijacked onto information not pertinent to this subject matter.
Thanks for alls input and I’ll continue to check this thread.
I always had a Titan but the longest one has lasted was 3 years 10 months. Two only lasted a couple months. I’m an average married guy 62 and no rough sex or stuff like that. Just plain old screwing so I don’t think it’s the activity but the product.
I’m not sure why but mentally I always become depressed and very anxious when they break. I guess it’s just a man thing but not sure.
Thank again for any and all feedback!
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Return to “Implants”