Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Discovernew

Re: Titan vs AMS

Postby Discovernew » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:30 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:The initial surgery and the following two were did by another doctor. Those two were pump failures.
I had another failure and because of an insurance issue with my previous doctors hospital I was denied coverage. I was in a very dark place after being refused surgery because of insurance. I reached out on a Saturday to Dr Tariq Hakky’s web page and sent a request to be contacted. In less than and hour I received a email stating someone from his office would contact Monday morning.
Dr Hakky replaced the device due to pump failure. I had an accidental fall that caused some injuries that caused a tear in one of the areas containing one of the cylinders. I ask for a total replacement vers trying to repair the device. I see Dr Hakky again next week to determine the cause of this failure.
I can not speak highly enough of Dr Hakky. He along with his staff and his great operating room team have been wonderful. After being in such a dark place I was so blessed and fortunate to find this doctor and his practice.
The device has been every issue but one so far. I am almost sure it’s the device once again but I don’t know right now.

Thanks again for everyone’s input and replies!!

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Did you have to pay anything for each of the revisions, or were they completely free (including doctor's work)?

So you had 4 pump failures + 1 cylinder failure because of falling?

Can I ask which pump model you had? I heard Coloplast had some problems with the pump before.
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:12 pm

The fall caused injury to the area the cylinder was located in. He had the fix that area and the cylinder had to be removed because it was leaking. I told him before surgery that if any part had to be replace to please replace the whole thing. The surgery cost was covered by insurance.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:27 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:The fall caused injury to the area the cylinder was located in. He had the fix that area and the cylinder had to be removed because it was leaking. I told him before surgery that if any part had to be replace to please replace the whole thing. The surgery cost was covered by insurance.

The one that lasted the longest was the last one of all the revisions? And in general you were happy with the coloplast, while it worked?
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:09 am

Nycflugel wrote:Which titans did you have? I am getting the classic. How often have you had sex with your implant?

Why would you get the classic and not the OTR?
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:27 am

The one I got in 2018 lasted the longest.
I love the Titan especially when it’s working.
The OTR was the pump that had problems in the past. The pump would split open and leak the fluid out. I’ve had the classic pump on the last one. It began making a noise when being pumped but it was working.
The OTR may have been modified by this time but I have no idea if that is true. I’ve not heard any mention of upgraded mad in the recent past.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

jl33ur

Postby jl33ur » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:04 pm

I know that it is not yet approved in the United States but as I have read in the latest studies, the rigicon brand has better numbers compared to AMS and Coloplast in terms of revisions and infections, in the first 3 years... making it the winner in theory compared to these 2 great companies. It's a shame that the best surgeons in the world in the USA can test it. Here I leave the link of the studies. It has only been on the market for a few years but I think they are prostheses that were made thinking about fixing the competition's problems.

https://bjui-journals.onlinelibrary.wil ... /bju.15960
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36633050/
https://www.goldjournal.net/article/S0090-4295(23)00641-6/fulltext
https://www.auajournals.org/doi/abs/10. ... 0003304.03

Ronn1708

Re: Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

Postby Ronn1708 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:04 pm

I’ve saw a few signatures showing guys that have had both AMS & Coloplast but they all have private messaging blocked. :/

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:32 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:I’ve saw a few signatures showing guys that have had both AMS & Coloplast but they all have private messaging blocked. :/

Honestly that doesn't suprise me. I wouldn't want to be constantly pestered by members that won't read my past posts to find my answers to their questions. It is highly likely that I've posted about any subject that I might have info on. Please, just go look at my history.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:32 am

Well I appreciate your input Gt1956. Somewhat rude but it is input. I don’t know which members have had both devices but did locate some by reading their history post. I understand each member can set their profiles to their preference on private messages which is their choice.
Thanks again for yours and each member’s input.

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:30 am

Ronn1708 wrote:I’ve saw a few signatures showing guys that have had both AMS & Coloplast but they all have private messaging blocked. :/

Ive had both LGX and now on Titan with classic pump.

I prefer the titan by far. Pump is much smaller and more comfortable.. the AMS pump with its block, as with the OTR, was painful to my scrotum.
Titans girth is better.
Titans rigidity is by far better for the sex I have. LGX would just bend, which i feel lead to my revision as it tore the corpra and delaminated causing a painful bulge.
Didnt care for LGXs more "realistic" flaccid.
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Return to “Implants”