Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:32 am

Discovernew wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:
Discovernew wrote:I know that the LGX extends in lengths, but the way he used the word "shrink" made me think of something else.
But the way. if someone says "i have a 18cm LGX", does that mean 18cm in the inflated state or deflated? I always assumed it was 18cm deflated, plus watever extra length it gets when inflated

Very good question. We've discussed that a lot. Try searching for the AMS techical surgical instruction booklet online. The version that I have saved sure leads me to believe that an 18cm measures 18cm. I believe in the documents worth reading section a pair of Titans & a pair of LGX implants are inflated & measured. The size changes are listed. I might be mistaken that they used CX implants but I think they were LGX. I think in might be called the Propper study.

Btw, be prepared. There is some conflicting info in the AMS booklet. I asked my drs nurase about it. She is in the operating room. She claims that the conflicting info isn't followed. So who knows for sure.

Read the book. Make your own determination. She claims it isn't done per the book on LGX's.

Basically it means that nobody knows the answer?

Sure, I do know the answer.
From reading this study. The stated LGX cylinder length is in deflated state.
In this study, the authors did several different tests on LGX 18 and 21 cm, and Titan 18 and 22 cm.
The LGX models got 3-4 cm longer when inflated.
In theory, this would mean to me that in my case - having a perfectly fitted Titan 24 cm - if I would ever swap to an LGX, the 21 cm size would be the right fit for me...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

newhope

Re: Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

Postby newhope » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 pm

Txagq8 wrote:It was never my problem but I remember discussions about guys who got oversized with the Ultrex (precursor to the LGX).

Erosion, confined cylinders becoming a-shaped, etc etc.

I believe the 15/18/21 cm measurement of the LGX is in the inflated state. If they were going to put 23 cm of LGX+ RTEs in me, and they changed their mind and installed a CX, they would have put the same amount of implant in. It just wouldn’t shrink quite like the LGX during deflation.

no just no. 15/18/21 are the deflated length

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23486&start=10#p227106
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Return to “Implants”