Had revision 2/13/24. (Another Revision completed)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Old Guy

Re: Had revision 2/13/24. (Another Revision completed)

Postby Old Guy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:29 am

favalodo wrote:Ya'll scare the hell out of me. I am 25 days post surgery and I read all this. Coloplast Titan says they guarantee implants for life, but what the hell if you have to have 5 revision!!! Man I am scared now!

Needing that many revisions is a EXTREEMLY RARE thing. There are millions of guys out there who are implanted that you never hear from that are just happy and carrying on. This forum is like the sounding board for problems.
Please read what Txagq8 has to say.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:01 pm

favalodo wrote:Ya'll scare the hell out of me. I am 25 days post surgery and I read all this. Coloplast Titan says they guarantee implants for life, but what the hell if you have to have 5 revision!!! Man I am scared now!

I feel for Ron1708 as he has been the exception and had several revisions, but he is the exception…. Most don’t have these issues. On this site you will read of the many issues mostly because most that don’t have problems aren’t out looking for people to ask questions to, or just stop visiting the site when everything goes along great for a year or more. I’m approaching 2 years and have had no issues and hope to continue with this but like Ron, if it breaks I’ll fix it. I’ve absolutely loved my Titan!!!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:04 pm

Txagq8 wrote:Favalodo:

Let me be a little bit philosophical, then hit you with reality up aside the head:

Some people are so afraid of dying that they never truly are alive.

What I mean by that is if a guy cowers in the corner, afraid of the bad things that might occur, he will never experience the good.

In Bionic Dick land, I’d guess that better than 9 out of 10 guys…maybe 95 out of 100….get their implant done, heal up trouble free or maybe just a bit of discomfort, and disappear to spend their time using their AMS or Titan until they wear it out, 10 years or more later. Then they have a new one put in and it’s no big deal.

The population of the website is skewed: guys looking for solutions, guys who are dealing with problems, and a small handful like me who were grateful for the support we got when we took the plunge and are paying it forward by being around for a kind word, personal experience advice, and moral support.

If implants were not a viable and attractive option there wouldn’t be a growing market for them. We see more and better surgeons gravitating to implants as a specialty.

I will not and can not tell another man if an implant is right for him. I will tell someone that worrying about low percentage complications is foolishness.

Visualize a great outcome. Minor surgery to eliminate ED once and for all. Device is going to work 10 years or better before replacement. If there are complications and it doesn’t work out that way, you can deal with the challenges. But the odds are alarmingly on your side that you won’t have to.

These are some great words of wisdom!! Very well said!!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”