Which types of anesthesia are available with Clavell's team?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Thisworld

Which types of anesthesia are available with Clavell's team?

Postby Thisworld » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:42 am

Since I know some doctors beside general anesthesia also offers others modalities (like spinal), I was wondering if you guys know if Clavell do too.
Hard flaccid syndrome since 2019. Trying to get better with conservative treatments but an implant is on my radar

ThailandBound

Re: Which types of anesthesia are available with Clavell's team?

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:39 am

I had surgery with Dr. Clavell almost a year ago. I had general anesthesia coupled with a nerve block. I don’t know if he offers a la carte anesthesia options, you’d have to call his office for that information.

All i can tell you is that i was extraordinarily comfortable during my recovery, especially given the nature of it. I only needed one pain pill and ibuprofen during those earliest days. Very pleased.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:25 am

Thisworld wrote:Since I know some doctors beside general anesthesia also offers others modalities (like spinal), I was wondering if you guys know if Clavell do too.

I didn't worry about the anesthesia. I just tried to find the closest best dr that I could. Actually, I think its kind of common now days that the anesthesia is done by an outside medical service. An outside service did mine. If that is the case with Clavell? As long as he uses the same service then most of his patients will get the same drugs. But if your medical history has things in it that precludes lets say a spinal block. You won't be getting a spinal block. I guess the best thing to say is to not count on getting the same anesthesia as previous patients.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lawnman

Postby Lawnman » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:28 am

The decision on anesthesia does not rest with the surgeon. It is between you and your anesthetist. The surgeon may have a preference, but ultimately, nothing can be done without your consent.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:28 pm

This is not a question for FT, this is a question for Dr. Clavell's office. Call and ask.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:25 pm

I realize that a number of guys have health insurance that doesn’t cover implants and end up going the self-pay route.

I understand this is an expensive surgery (out-of-pocket) and the desire to save a few bucks when & where you can.

That being said, do not be tempted to skimp on anesthesia. If they offer you a discount option of a shot of whiskey and a stick to bite on in lieu of general anesthesia, just say no.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:10 pm

I am like a few and have trouble with general anesthesia. I am not talking minor trouble or just want to be different for whatever reason. There are those of us around. I have trouble with any narcotic. I just told my doctor that and I even refused sedation for my last surgery. I was awake the whole time. Used to not be that uncommon that men would ask to just have a spinal and be awake the whole time. May actually cost a bit more as you need to wait for everything to wake up and pee before they will release you. Took me longer than I thought it would. I think they still did not understand and maybe gave me the standard amount when I needed an extra light amount. May be why I took longer than I thought I would in recovery. I am just really sensitive to the general drugs. I have only had one good outcome ever with general. And even trouble with sedation meds for some things.

Other than taking longer than I thought in recovery I did much better with the spinal and no sedation than I have with general. I have hearing loss and I could not what was said even to me. I just relaxed and rested. I could not see anything or even how many people were observing. The doctor is a teaching doctor at KU MED and took me on to use as a teaching tool for his students. Anesthesiologist even had a student that sat and monitored me. He did the spinal with a couple of others there and the deadening went up to my chest a bit. I could feel stuff down close to my belly button but it was dull vs. sharp at my chest. I took only a few of the narcotic pain meds I have ever been given by doctors. Most time I take them back to the doctor and tell them again I have trouble with them. They don't seem to ever listen. Just they are trained to administer the pain meds and they do. Almost like they have to or they get in trouble for not having drugs sold to people.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”