S Shaped When Inflated, Will It Go Away *Pics Included*

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
johndoe365

S Shaped When Inflated, Will It Go Away *Pics Included*

Postby johndoe365 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:49 pm

Hey friends,
Just started cycling on Monday. When I am fully inflated my penis has a bend / s shape near the base.
Pre-op my dick was 6 inches hard, post-op its at 4.5 inches inflated.
My cycling method is 1-2 times per day for at least 30 mins. I pump as much as I can, move the penis around (hurts like a mofo), then pump more, repeat.
1. I am hoping that with cycling I start to grow those extra 1.5 inches and the cylinders straighten out?
2. Currently there is no pain /discomfort associated with the S curve, would I be fine long term using this s-shaped dick?
3. How many months of cycling before I start freaking out I got oversized?
4. I've been keeping my penis tucked upwards since the surgery, should I maybe start letting it hang normally to counteract the curve?
Any info is appreciated, feel free to critique my cycling method!
**My drawing is exaggerated**
Attachments
20231220_205921.jpg
20231220_205921.jpg (601.47 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Last edited by johndoe365 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Implanted Nov 1 2023. Penoscrotal. Ams 700 LGX. 100 CC reservoir.
Left side: 21 cm + 1 cm RTE = 22cm
Right side: 21 cm + 2cm RTE = 23cm

Lost Sheep

Re: S Shaped When Inflated, Will It Go Away

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:34 pm

I do not wish to criticize your artwork, but a photograph (or two) would be more illuminating.

Does the "S" curve seem to be related to degree of inflation? One cylinder or both? Associated with creases or buckling of the implant cylinders? If you try to straighten the curve is there any tightness, discomfort, pain at the curve, at the base of your penis (down in the crus) or in the glans? If you (when inflated) press on the glans (as if attempting penetration on a partner) do you think you would be able to achieve penetration?

How soon after surgery (I see you are well more than a month out) did you start cycling? How fully were you inflated in the first weeks after surgery? (I am concerned about a pseudo-capsule of scar tissues forming around the implant, limiting ultimate length.) This is a question for your surgeon and better sooner than later.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:21 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I do not wish to criticize your artwork, but a photograph (or two) would be more illuminating.

Does the "S" curve seem to be related to degree of inflation? One cylinder or both? Associated with creases or buckling of the implant cylinders? If you try to straighten the curve is there any tightness, discomfort, pain at the curve, at the base of your penis (down in the crus) or in the glans? If you (when inflated) press on the glans (as if attempting penetration on a partner) do you think you would be able to achieve penetration?

How soon after surgery (I see you are well more than a month out) did you start cycling? How fully were you inflated in the first weeks after surgery? (I am concerned about a pseudo-capsule of scar tissues forming around the implant, limiting ultimate length.) This is a question for your surgeon and better sooner than later.

For you sir I shaved the area and had a little photoshoot (scroll to my original message to see the edit). Not too proud of the little pecker at the moment, hoping he'll grow in the next couple months. Its a 21cm LGX and only 4 inches? Doesn't seem right. But I digress...

The S curve is hard to see, much easier to feel, you can see it in the side profile picture. Maybe I'm over analyzing it but I thought my cylinders should just point straight out. To answer your questions....
I can feel the curve flaccid or erect. When its erect it is very hard to move/manipulate. When its soft I can squeeze the cylinders in my hands to kinda straighten it out; i can feel like the material of the cylinder / saline move (kinda like when u push in ur cylinder to smooth out a crease/fold), there's no pain when I do this soft. According to my doctor my left corpus cavernosum was 1cm short of my glans; my left cylinder when inflated barely reaches the bottom of the glan, but my right side is like 50% in the glan. So left side is floppy, right is good, i believe ill be fine to penetrate.

I started cycling 6 weeks after surgery, I couldn't start earlier as I was still in pain. I was inflated 70% after surgery but only for first 24 hours. I was deflated the next day and its been essentially 6 weeks deflated. I believe my only saviour now is to cycle and do the excercises. As long as I keep experiencing some pain doing it, means im expanding that capsule (i hope).

Txagq8

Re: S Shaped When Inflated, Will It Go Away *Pics Included*

Postby Txagq8 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:46 pm

Don’t freak. I’m not a doctor. In fact I’ve got an implant similar to yours.

You may have nothing to worry about. During the healing process I went thru a phase where I had a significant banana curve. Time and cycling slowly took it away as I got my length back.

I think you need to talk to your doctor. Dog ears are common. Having to tug your pump (if you were IP) is common. Taking 6-12 months to get your size back is common.

The s-shape you describe isn’t.

I can’t find the article in the scholarly literature, but I remember reading something. The pre-cursing to the LGX I think was the AMS Ultrex. It evolved into the LGX and if I remember correctly one of the reasons is that it’s size increase once installed gave recipients a s-curve in their dick and it was due to the expansion causing an individual to be oversized.

We all worry constantly about being undersized but yes, it’s possible to install too much implant and that allegedly will cause an s-curve.

Now, at this stage of your healing that’s the last thing you need to sweat. But based on how much implant you’ve got (and 23 cm means you better have a pretty deep crus) it is definitely something I’d discuss with the doctor.

I would start by asking about the distal and proximal measurements.

Take a deep breath and exhale. I hated to mention this at all. It’s just something I read somewhere. Your recovery sounds good so far and I went from 4.75” to 6.8” from immediate post-surgery to a year+ later. This LGX is terrific. There are some downsides (lost a little girth to 5 5/8”) but it’s so damned reliable and feels like it’s always been a part of me.

Like I said, what you describe sounds relatively normal, except for the “S.” You won’t know until you ask your doc.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm

Please take a breath. You are still healing. I am months farther along than you and I am still healing as well. At about six months the length came back for me. Now I am 10 months. Feels like it has always been my dick. Used to worry about bulge, etc. but not anymore. It is just me. even when my nuts are played with, she isn't sure what is me and what is the implant, and she shouldn't. Custom, adjustable dick is good. Like a power seat in your car.
76yo, ED Venuous Leak since age 40. South Texas location.
02/09/2023 24 CM Titan Dr. Hofer, Stone Oak Meth San Antonio.
@OEM 7.5L x 6.0/Flaccid 2.0L x 6.0 (Grower)
@8 months 7.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0
@14 months 7.50L x 7.25/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0

jwitten567

Postby jwitten567 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:08 pm

Maybe too soon to tell but could mean you were oversized at the time of surgery or not a good candidate for LGX - as previous poster mentioned asymmetric expansion if you had some curve/narrowing before.
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:01 am

johndoe365 wrote:For you sir I shaved the area and had a little photoshoot (scroll to my original message to see the edit). Not too proud of the little pecker at the moment, hoping he'll grow in the next couple months. Its a 21cm LGX and only 4 inches? Doesn't seem right. But I digress...

The S curve is hard to see, much easier to feel, you can see it in the side profile picture. Maybe I'm over analyzing it but I thought my cylinders should just point straight out. To answer your questions....
I can feel the curve flaccid or erect. When its erect it is very hard to move/manipulate. When its soft I can squeeze the cylinders in my hands to kinda straighten it out; i can feel like the material of the cylinder / saline move (kinda like when u push in ur cylinder to smooth out a crease/fold), there's no pain when I do this soft. According to my doctor my left corpus cavernosum was 1cm short of my glans; my left cylinder when inflated barely reaches the bottom of the glan, but my right side is like 50% in the glan. So left side is floppy, right is good, i believe ill be fine to penetrate.

I started cycling 6 weeks after surgery, I couldn't start earlier as I was still in pain. I was inflated 70% after surgery but only for first 24 hours. I was deflated the next day and its been essentially 6 weeks deflated. I believe my only saviour now is to cycle and do the excercises. As long as I keep experiencing some pain doing it, means im expanding that capsule (i hope).

It appears that your corona (and perhaps your glans as well) is tilted. Am I correct, or is it a problem with perspective/angle of viewing or some such?

Is one of the implant tubes more crinkled than the other? With the left cylinder being less into your glans than your right, that might be a red flag, but if your surgeon is correct that your left corpus cavernosum/tunica albuginea was, prior to the surgery, short of the glans, this should present no problem when your glans is engorged (during sexual arousal). I would expectg your surgeon would have adjusted the rear tip extenders to accommodate the 1 cm difference in the space allowed by your tunica. It might be worthwhile to ask your surgeon specifically.

Since you can detect the curve both when flaccid and when inflated, my first guess is probably wrong (difference in the way the implant inflates your penis). But worth thinking/asking about.

Implants are often used to straighten a curved penis and, especially when inflated, should present a straight or nearly straight erection. A curve like you have in your picture is definitely not the norm. Perhaps an examination and second opinion from another surgeon is in order. Has there been any improvement in the "S" curve over time? If it does tend to resolve over the next few days or weeks (wtih cycling), perhaps there is no problem at all. Manipulating the distal tips in your glans may help. Just a guess, that.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:47 am

Txagq8 wrote:Don’t freak. I’m not a doctor. In fact I’ve got an implant similar to yours.

You may have nothing to worry about. During the healing process I went thru a phase where I had a significant banana curve. Time and cycling slowly took it away as I got my length back.

I think you need to talk to your doctor. Dog ears are common. Having to tug your pump (if you were IP) is common. Taking 6-12 months to get your size back is common.

The s-shape you describe isn’t.

I can’t find the article in the scholarly literature, but I remember reading something. The pre-cursing to the LGX I think was the AMS Ultrex. It evolved into the LGX and if I remember correctly one of the reasons is that it’s size increase once installed gave recipients a s-curve in their dick and it was due to the expansion causing an individual to be oversized.

We all worry constantly about being undersized but yes, it’s possible to install too much implant and that allegedly will cause an s-curve.

Now, at this stage of your healing that’s the last thing you need to sweat. But based on how much implant you’ve got (and 23 cm means you better have a pretty deep crus) it is definitely something I’d discuss with the doctor.

I would start by asking about the distal and proximal measurements.

Take a deep breath and exhale. I hated to mention this at all. It’s just something I read somewhere. Your recovery sounds good so far and I went from 4.75” to 6.8” from immediate post-surgery to a year+ later. This LGX is terrific. There are some downsides (lost a little girth to 5 5/8”) but it’s so damned reliable and feels like it’s always been a part of me.

Like I said, what you describe sounds relatively normal, except for the “S.” You won’t know until you ask your doc.

I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks. I will ask him about the S shape then. I do know its a symptom of being oversized, I just hope its something that goes away with time like your banana curve.

In your experience on this sub, is this S curve something people can live with, or did they all have to get a revision?

I have the surgery documents with me and in the docs it says my right side proximal is 12cm and distal is 11cm, my left side is 11cm proximal, 11cm distal. So on my left he put a 21cm LGX with 1cm RTE (22cm total), and on the right he put a 21cm LGX with 2cm RTE(23cm total). He also noted a physical abnormality where my left corpus cavernosa was 1 cm short of the glans. The result now is my left cylinder doesnt go in my head (left side of glans floppy), but my right side is fine and goes well into glans. This also causes my head to point to the left.

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:49 am

Randalltx wrote:Please take a breath. You are still healing. I am months farther along than you and I am still healing as well. At about six months the length came back for me. Now I am 10 months. Feels like it has always been my dick. Used to worry about bulge, etc. but not anymore. It is just me. even when my nuts are played with, she isn't sure what is me and what is the implant, and she shouldn't. Custom, adjustable dick is good. Like a power seat in your car.

Thanks for the reassurance.
I am less concerned about my size, more concerned about that S shaped bend at my base.
With your experience on this sub, is this something guys can live with or does it always result in revision???

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:07 am

Lost Sheep wrote:It appears that your corona (and perhaps your glans as well) is tilted. Am I correct, or is it a problem with perspective/angle of viewing or some such?

Is one of the implant tubes more crinkled than the other? With the left cylinder being less into your glans than your right, that might be a red flag, but if your surgeon is correct that your left corpus cavernosum/tunica albuginea was, prior to the surgery, short of the glans, this should present no problem when your glans is engorged (during sexual arousal). I would expectg your surgeon would have adjusted the rear tip extenders to accommodate the 1 cm difference in the space allowed by your tunica. It might be worthwhile to ask your surgeon specifically.

Since you can detect the curve both when flaccid and when inflated, my first guess is probably wrong (difference in the way the implant inflates your penis). But worth thinking/asking about.

Implants are often used to straighten a curved penis and, especially when inflated, should present a straight or nearly straight erection. A curve like you have in your picture is definitely not the norm. Perhaps an examination and second opinion from another surgeon is in order. Has there been any improvement in the "S" curve over time? If it does tend to resolve over the next few days or weeks (wtih cycling), perhaps there is no problem at all. Manipulating the distal tips in your glans may help. Just a guess, that.

My corona and my head is tilted you are correct. When flaccid its not too bad but when inflated it points to the left and is floppy (I'll include a pic).

I'd say my right side is more crinkled. My right cylinder noticeably bends a bit more. If you follow the outline of the right side of my dick vs left it is more curvy.
My surgeon filled up both corpus to the max, 21cm LGX both sides, right side 2cm RTE, left side 1cm RTE.

This is just week 1 of cycling, I have a follow up with my surgeon on Jan 19. He can usually perform an 'adjustment' if needed, which involves him manipulating the device when erect which hurts alot. I think by then if I don't notice any improvements I will go see another urologist for their opinion.

I do know this S curve is a symptom of oversizing, but my pumped up length is only 4.25 inches?? Possibly when i regain my missing length the cylinders will have more room to lengthen and be straight?

Based on your experience in this forum, is this sort of 'oversizing' something men have lived without issue, or does it always lead to revision?
Attachments
20231220_180724.jpg
20231220_180724.jpg (675.39 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Return to “Implants”