trying to estimate full erection length using distal measurement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nerdynerd

trying to estimate full erection length using distal measurement

Postby nerdynerd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:21 pm

I measured 12.5cm distal on the right (with 1 RTE) and 12cm on the left (due to Pyronies). My heart dropped when I found out. 12.5cm = 4.9". I had reached 6" erections with injections shortly before surgery and maxed out just over 7" using a VED so I was expecting more. I know there's a bit more length between the tips and the top of the glans, but is 5" going to be my max? Proximal is 10cm on both sides.

I know about the danger of erosion and I have no doubt my world-class surgeon did the best job possible. I'm just a little shell-shocked.

What have been your results regarding distal vs bone-pressed length?
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

SammyVegas

Re: trying to estimate full erection length using distal measurement

Postby SammyVegas » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:38 pm

What was your total implant size? A good portion is inside and below the visible penis
22 CM Titan -
Implanted by Dr. Clavell on 12/26/23
Just under 7” pre-op x 5.5 -
Currently 5.5” x 5
Looking forward to cycling and gaining it back!
Peyronies and Narrowing. Stretched and VE before implant

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:28 pm

nerdynerd wrote:I measured 12.5cm distal on the right (with 1 RTE) and 12cm on the left (due to Pyronies). My heart dropped when I found out. 12.5cm = 4.9". I had reached 6" erections with injections shortly before surgery and maxed out just over 7" using a VED so I was expecting more. I know there's a bit more length between the tips and the top of the glans, but is 5" going to be my max? Proximal is 10cm on both sides.

I know about the danger of erosion and I have no doubt my world-class surgeon did the best job possible. I'm just a little shell-shocked.

What have been your results regarding distal vs bone-pressed length?

I was measured at 11 and 11. And I am over 6" bone pressed. The incision is going to vary from doctor to doctor and even from man to man though. If you have your proximal you can add the get the total and then use the 2/3 rule to get an approximate size bone pressed. In my case total was 22cm. 21cm cylinders and 1cm RTE. The 2/3 rules would be 14 2/3cm or 5.77". And I have measured almost 3/4" over that with glans engorgement. I was around 7" VED pre surgery and I would think you would be an inch or a bit less than your VED length post op.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ruwansilva25

Postby ruwansilva25 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:34 am

You need to do cycling and “Perito exercises” apparently to gain size back. Its where you inflate as much as possible and bend the shaft in all directions few times per day. There is a guy with the username 2435tiklAS who had managed to increase length and girth. Please check his posts.

I am still considering an implant.
40 YO. Been on pills since late 20s. Pills now starting to not work. Might be vein leak. Dont want injections. Hoping to get checked out next month for implant.

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:40 am

the measurements can be confusing. there's two done for each cylinder a distal and proximal. together they give the length of what you need. example: I just received a; replacement. my measurements were 12d/11p . cylinders are 21 and a 2cm Rte. my hard bone pressed measurement 7". so don't go by the measurement give for surgery. use the 2/3rds method for a rough guess. do stretch test and measure.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:19 am

Its confusing to most of us. Your distal measurement does not start at your pubic bone but starts where your dr entered the penis.

Distal isn't related to your erection length very well. You're trying to compare two sets of measurements that are poorly related to each other. Don't worry.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:32 am

Thanks to all who replied. I hadn't heard of the 2/3 rule and am encouraged by your experiences and knowledge.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

ruwansilva25

Postby ruwansilva25 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm

7 inches is around 18cm. Apparently the cylinders do not enter the glans. Which means a “bone pressed” 7 inches is closer to 16cm. The question is how far behind the pubic bone does the implant go?

Dr Eid has a youtube channel where he mentions they can do sizing before hand now and tell you almost precisely what measurements you will be after surgery and the total size of the implant.

I am guessing that a 7 incher will need about a 24cm implant on the minimum to maintain length.

Also Dr Eid mentions that LGX patients are “under sized” because that implant expands by 25%
40 YO. Been on pills since late 20s. Pills now starting to not work. Might be vein leak. Dont want injections. Hoping to get checked out next month for implant.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Don't estimate, you'll just get yourself tied up in knots. Dr. Clavell installed the largest possible implant he could without damaging your penis. It is what it is, he works only with what God gave you.

I'm not sure why, but I guess I believe that with exercises you can increase length and girth......but it doesn't make much sense to me. Since so many here on FT believe it and the doctors seem to say it can't cause issues, I do them too. I think the benefit may just be overall comfort of the implant and the breaking up of any scar tissue that forms, but I have a hard time seeing where these very durable cylinders will somehow give up length and girth because someone bent them over a couple of times a day for 10 seconds. I think we end up seeing natural healing and repair of the penis over time and attribute that to the exercises. If anything, I could understand a girth enhancement, as the cylinders are most often restricted by one's own tunica albuginea, if at all. There are not differently sized implants in cylinder diameter, those are one size fits all at the moment (each company has their own diameter, but not a selection of sizes for implantation). So if you have a smaller tunica, then I can see the cylinders stretching that over time and giving you the maximum cylinder girth possible.

I my case, Dr. C implanted a total of 22.5cm of implant and RTE, that's a total of 8.9 inches.
Currently, my penis length fluctuates between 7.25 and 7.5 inches bone pressed, depending on my state of arousal and engorgement. It is not a "2/3 rule", it's a 2/3 suggestion. In my case, it's closer to 1/5, given the very crude numbers for the equation.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:56 pm

You’ll get plenty of size with Clavell…it may look like hell and have tubes protruding all over the place, but you’ll have some size
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Return to “Implants”