Did you take any meds or narcotics before surgery to relax?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nycflugel

Did you take any meds or narcotics before surgery to relax?

Postby Nycflugel » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:52 pm

Did you need to take anything before surgery to relax you

What did you take and how long?

Thanks

Cj

Tokyo_123

Re: Did you take any meds or narcotics before surgery to relax?

Postby Tokyo_123 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:06 pm

... no.
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:19 pm

Also no. I've never read of a member getting any relaxants before surgery. I did get started on a bag of iv antibiotics a few minutes prior to being wheeled in. No big deal.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:54 am

Don’t take anything unless specifically advised by your doctor. There can be very negative side effects with something in your system the doctor and anesthesiologist are not aware of. Even aspirin or other blood thinning agents can result in catastrophe.

They’ll make sure you’re completely comfortable with their higher quality drugs…
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:01 am

Was not nervous at all. I had total confidence in my surgeon and the hospital staff.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:01 am

You see a trend here, right? Don’t take anything. You want to optimize your potential for success.

Try to relax by going inward. Personally, i practice meditation. Do that, or if you are a praying person, then pray. The implant is a miracle. A miracle of science and imagination. Have faith in whatever it is that might be your higher power and after choosing a reputable, high volume surgeon, calm your mind and have some faith in his skills.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 am

No drugs for me but did I vape some of my prescription marijuana a few hours prior. I was still smoking cigarettes then and was told the surgery would be cancelled if I smoked that day. Vape didn't count.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

silver daddy 1960

Postby silver daddy 1960 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:21 pm

I guess I am the exception to the rule. I was getting very nervous, and it was actually a suggestion here on FT that it's not a bad thing to ask the Dr. for a week's prescription for a small dose of valium to start taking a couple days before the surgery and then ween off after, a total of ten pills, I think. I asked Dr. Eid, and he said absolutely no problem and proscribed them and told me when to start taking a pill a day. It took the edge off as you sit there in your gown freezing waiting your turn and all that is going on in your head. But he, being the surgeon, was aware of my taking it and I had been told not to take any of my other medication days before the surgery. He also started a penicillin to combat possible infection I think the day before. I would absolutely not take anything he was not aware of prior to surgery!
63 yrs old, NYC, DR. Eid Titan Coloplast Dec 10, 2021

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:44 pm

When going into surgery, especially with general anesthesia, it’s a bad bad bad idea to take anything on your own that the doctors don’t know about.

I took nothing. When they started the IV during prep they gave me two gabapentin tablets to swallow and said that would allow them to use less anesthetic but get better results.

I think they started me with an iv bag of all purpose broad spectrum antibiotic, some dexamethasone for post surgery swelling, and a touch of Demerol to keep me from jumping off the table saying “I’ve changed my mind.”

I recall a big crowd all admiring my dick in the OR, the surgeon asking me my name and what was I having done, and then being told here comes a little propafol, count backwards from 100.

I got to 93. Next thing I knew they were saying it all went great, I needed to take some deep breaths to get my oxygen sat up, and did I have any questions.

I was in the recovery area with patients who had other procedures, and my nurses weren’t dedicated to urological surgery. I was in that damned hospital gown and with the dressing and wrap it looked like I had a foot long boner. I wasn’t thrilled that they weren’t very solicitous.

In fact it unsettled them when I got up, pushed my IV pole to the desk, and told them I was ready to get out of there so could someone get off their ass and bring me a sprite so I could get some fluid in me, pee, and leave.

Back to the topic: never, ever take meds without doctor telling you to. If you think you need something, ask.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”