Needing Help. What did you tell Co Workers? When you took off?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nycflugel

Needing Help. What did you tell Co Workers? When you took off?

Postby Nycflugel » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:04 pm

Hi

I am getting my surgery in January. What did you tell Co Workers that asked hey why where out for 2 weeks or a month etc?

Thanks
CJ

Gt1956

Re: Needing Help. What did you tell Co Workers? When you took off?

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:26 pm

I was working when I had my circumcision. I didn't tell anyone why I was off. I had the sick leave. All I had to do was clear through our company dispensary because I was gone for more than 3 days. Their note just said cleared for work. The few little questions were met with silence. I work with almost all men. I had one friend that liked to bad talk forelskins. I told him once. Tell me how you can compare, you never had a foreskin. Of course this was a private convo.

I was retired for my implant. Absolutely no friends or family know, even now. Wife & I spent about 2 weeks in our out of state condo. I drove home alone (450 miles) for my 4 week checkup.

At least in my case. I probably could of returned to work at the 10 day point. I would of just had to of been a little selective about my tasks.

I'd say to just shut the hell up about the implant. Did you broadcast your ED to everyone? See my point? They will only ask once or twice. If you tell them anything you run the chance of "my cousin had that, did you get the xyz procedure"? Or the morbid curiosity about all the shit talk they're read on the internet or heard from friends. Literally all of which is wrong. So then you get stuck educating them about the truth. Let that dog lie right where it is.

My opinion, others are free to disagree. YMMV, contents settle during shipping. Take your pick.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 am

sports hernia repair
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:25 am

Nycflugel wrote:Hi

I am getting my surgery in January. What did you tell Co Workers that asked hey why where out for 2 weeks or a month etc?

Thanks
CJ

An obvious lie, clearly a made-up story telegraphs, in an entertaining way, that you don't want to talk about it.

Here are a couple of threads from the past that might give you some ideas

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17280

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16736

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16736&p=151049

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20148&p=185805

Here are my suggestions if the fact of the implant comes up but you don't want to admit to ED:

"Yeah, I got REALLY drunk one night and I woke up the next morning with $30,000 in my pocket and my dick was gone, so I had this surgery."

Or, "Yeah, I was in Pamplona for the running of the bulls and was so impressive to Carlos (one of the bullfighters) that he invited me be a guest bullfighter. Long story short, I was not as good as he thought I could be....and I don't wanna talk about what happened next."

"I was on a Space Walk outside the ISS and a rapid decompression in my suit tore a hole in my tunica. So, Roscosmos sprung for the best repair job they would authorize."
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:55 am

Nobody asked me, and I told nobody. Only my wife, my doc, and I know, and none of us care.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:47 am

Told my kids and mother-in-law I had a cyst on a testicle. My son-in-law asked about the surgery. All I had to tell him was the catheter made me feel like I was peeing hot metal pieces. He said no more please.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:38 pm

I'd say sarcastically....." I got a penis implant " No one will believe you . :lol:
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:59 pm

When I got my first one didn't tell anyone. Was already reitred so that was no problem. When I got the second one I had to tell my golfing buddy I was going to out of golf for 2 or 3 weeks. He was always joking around about our neighbor who would tell tsa or anyone else that had a scanner he had a penis implant. They all thought it was funny. So when he asked me why I was going to be off I simply said I'm having our neighbors surgery. That stopped any further question..
So if you don't want to tell them, just say your having some urinary work. Pretty close. I personally would just tell them I'm getting an implant.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

4rest4rest

Postby 4rest4rest » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm

"We're calling it a hernia. Actually it's some work on the plumbing which will be zero fun"
4rest :) from Southern WV, 61 ED off and on since 2016, Severe currently and Coloplast Titan implanted on December 4 2023. Feel free to in box me.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:24 pm

I guess I’m different. I told my immediate family and at work nobody even knew I had missed as I was out on shoulder surgery at the time. If anybody had asked , hernia repair is a great excuse.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”