implant medical requirements

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ready2go

implant medical requirements

Postby ready2go » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:39 pm

so I'm from usa but retired in Philippines 5 years now and finally went to Cairo Egypt for a malleable. ridgi10
I was going to go to India but my credit card has expired and India demands a pre visa to enter and had no way to pay online etc
while corresponding with the doctor in Egypt about which implant I wanted
he insinuated that they would choose .
I insisted that decision is mine .
anyways I arrive. ( 3 months later)
I'm sure he didn't know that we had been in contact before.
he wanted to do a ultra sound ? why? but ok and a penile Doppler.
and gave the shot to cause a erection.
did those . then the discussion about which type of implant.
he pushed the ipp . nope. no . don't want it just looking at all that stuff that has to go in my body is to much .
I had to insist on what I prefer . and he eventually relents.
now i'm sure he wanted the ultra sound to see if it was ok to stick a reservoir in there..

.next , so I'm thinking it's time for the operation. nope wrong . more tests .
now they want a urine test a blood test and other labs . a ekg and a echo gram
all that for a 1 hour operation?
I go along since I came a.long way.
but they sent me across the road to.a hospital there because it would be "faster"

.that place was like a free clinic . over whelmed with patients and unresponsive.
the egk doc was out for 2 hours .
the blood work/urine lab people .
basically ignored me .
it was clear I wasn't going to be seen
.after sitting for half a hour I left .and sent back to the hotel.
now frankly I don't trust this guy and calling this trip a bust since he wasn't able to push his higher profit 3 piece on me ..he not might care about doing right on the operation. as in who cares if I put in the right size or not ?
anyways ,for those who did have a malleable implant what tests did the doctor demand in order to do the operation?
I have had a lower knee crushed and plate installed and didn't have to go through any of those tests .

newbie443

Re: implant medical requirements

Postby newbie443 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:29 pm

I have seen many other men on this site that have had the doppler, ultrasound, and in office injection. And Hakky in the US likes an MRI many times. The other urine, blood, EKG is almost always required for a surgery certification. I had that with my local PCP before I traveled for my surgery. That was my only testing I had done as my local uro's just use treatment and not any tests. First pills. They did not work. Then injections. Only self-administered. They did not work. VED was not an option as I am not married and am dating. Meet my surgeon for 10 minutes in an office exam room the day before. So even if things worked I could have said they did not and have the surgery scheduled. So unless you have a Urologist you have seen and has treated you for ED and have the records transferred you are looking at those first tests. And also if you do not go local for the surgery certification you will need that also. Those are time sensitive and need to be done with in a certain window of time before the surgery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:57 am

well if I would have had the patience to wait for half the night or longer and possibly have the tests done I might of had the implant.
with one the doctor didn't want me to choose.
but while corresponding the conversation went as . 1st day is consolation ,2nd is the operation.
no mention of a battery of tests that would take a extra day in itself .
this is important info for people who are traveling half way around the world and planning a trip
either way ,having to ... again..argue with the doctor over which type I prefer does not install confidence in the doctors motivation for patient results .
the 3 piece cost more and would give him more profit for sure.and his reason for pushing it.
then him telling me they no longer ever have any issues after I pointed out the fact they do and on a regular basis
simply scroll on the implant page to view the posts of malfunctions.
oh well .it's a bust . maybe later I'll try Dr Gupta in India as he promotes the ridgi10 instead of discouraging the choice.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:48 am

All those tests are normal prior to any surgery now. For just a simple peek into my bladder via a scope I have to have a pre-op physical, EKG, blood work, urine sample and then loaded with pills just before being wheeled down the hall. The last time it took around three minutes to knock me out, look inside and wake me up.
I'm wondering why you went to Egypt for an implant. And if you already had issues with the doc during correspondence why then go to him? In any dealings when someone tells me it'll be their way, not mine, I'm gone.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:54 pm

" I'm wondering why you went to Egypt for an implant. And if you already had issues with the doc during correspondence why then go to him? In any dealings when someone tells me it'll be their way, not mine, I'm gone."
because....it's a long story . I'm from usa but have been in Philippines 5 years ..My credit card is kaput - dead
my choices for implants are India and Egypt .
India which I preferred needs aa pre visa to be bought online . that's hard to do with cash . a debit card could have been used .then it's gets hacked . yes that has happened to me before so I never use it online anymore.
and the having to insist on my choice and brand of implant was resolved in correspondence
by the time I was able to travel egpyt made more sense . despite the unexpected time delay over the tests I could have returned and had them done in his office.
but by that point I was put off by the situation and moved my departure date ahead . frankly I don't trust the doctor now to care about proper sizing .
I'm sure he didn't realize that we had chatted online before since it was in September. so he went right into pushing the 3 piece again and llied to my face .
stating they never have any issues what so ever any more .and that's not true
so since my credit card issue will be resolved I'll go to a doctor freindly to malleables
. but this time I want to know what.tests they will ask for ..and how long that will take and where they will be done
better if I could do them at home and bring the results with me

satyrum

Postby satyrum » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:32 pm

Inflatable penile prosthesis (3-piece system) is the gold standard. If you want to keep it a secret for your short-term relationships, you should go for it. I don't know how talented/experienced your doctor is, but he's right about this particular subject.

Regarding blood tests, ultrasound test etc. This is the standard procedure. Every single competent medical facility needs those test results before clearing you for surgery.

You talk about not trusting online payment system, which indicates that you might be an older dude. If your hands are not strong (or your motor skills are declined), sure, malleable would be the right choice.

I don't know anything about Egyptian medical system. I don't know how capable your doctor is. But most of the things you complain about are just technical steps of this procedure.
Last edited by satyrum on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
37. Implanted by Dr. Hakky. 26cm Titan. January 2024.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:14 pm

EKG, labs, chest x-ray, and depending on your health history echocardiogram are standard. If someone is performing surgery on you WITHOUT requiring these things you should run the other way.

You had to wait for these services? Fine. Wait. You seem to be seeking out care for the lowest possible cost but then complaining when it’s not gold plated Cadillac service.

Reset your expectations.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:15 pm

Just a quick note that most all credit card companies now provide a one-time use number, just so you can buy online without getting your card stolen.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:49 pm

GoodWood wrote:EKG, labs, chest x-ray, and depending on your health history echocardiogram are standard. If someone is performing surgery on you WITHOUT requiring these things you should run the other way.
You had to wait for these services? Fine. Wait. You seem to be seeking out care for the lowest possible cost but then complaining when it’s not gold plated Cadillac service.

Reset your expectations.

Hard to say it better. The cheapest is seldom the best value. Not saying it can't be the best but the odds are against you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:19 am

price has nothing to do with what type I chose. I told the doctor while corresponding with him in September that if the price for the inflatable was the same I would still not chose it. I'm not interested at any price for the " gold standard" of implants.

cheers to those who have it . I personally have no interest in it .
epgyt has a relitively good price for both types if your paying out of pocket
but after having to argue with him like a used car sales man over what type I wanted .while sitting in the packed hospital for tests i started to have second thoughts as to his concern for his patients best results. and I could be 100 percent wrong . but that started to be my concern.
in a few weeks I'll book a appointment with a malleable friendly doctor .
ask before I leave what tests they want .
I'll get as many as I can at home and bring the results with me.

Return to “Implants”