Soooooo. At what point.....?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
4rest4rest

Re: Soooooo. At what point.....?

Postby 4rest4rest » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:37 pm

Thanks. I'm doing the anti inflammatory meds.

I guess that's why this is so odd. I asked the nurse specifically about this and she said no. And no heat.

It makes no sense not to warn patients this will happen....and what to do about it.

"You might get some swelling and bruising" isn't what I consider a descriptor of the current situation.

"Your stomach, penis and scrotum might become unrecognizable and swell making pulling the pump down or even finding it impossible".....is a better way to put it...

....And let us know what you do about it.. ..

Fcs

Gt1956 wrote:You can try ibuprofen & Tyenol alternating each one. They help with swelling.
I did sleep with a hot pad pulled between my legs for a while.
My nurse told me to just give the pump a little push down everytime I peed. In my mind the word "pull" sounds too aggressive. Maybe the first week what was actually happening was I would give the area where the pump was at a small push. I guess the best advice is to adapt their instructions to match your conditions. As you recover then you can change what you're doing.
Good luck. It does get better.
4rest :) from Southern WV, 61 ED off and on since 2016, Severe currently and Coloplast Titan implanted on December 4 2023. Feel free to in box me.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:39 pm

4rest4rest wrote:So, I'm looking for my testicles and pump.

(edited for focus)
I'm basically swollen like a tree and black and blue from my waist to mid thigh.

Been down, gel packs, horizontal for swelling.... They're saying no heat. Continue cold pack... But I'm thinking heat...

Idk there's no consensus....

Thanks all,
Forrest

Forrest, my penis looked like a road-killed toad on a West Texas highway for over a week.

For a sprained ankle, the general rule is ice for the first three days (to inhibit swelling) and after that, alternating heat and ice; heat helps blood flow, which is healing. Apply that advice as it helps you.

Since I had the leave time available, I stayed horizontal 95% of the first whole week after surgery and almost that much for another week. Returned to full-time work after 3 weeks. Could have returned to work at two weeks, but gave myself a break because I could.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:43 pm

You’ll find every surgeon is different. Clavell is on one side leaving inflated for at least 4 weeks. Meanwhile Hakky and Eid start at day 3. All great surgeons just different approaches. The only thing I can say is, I would like to hear Clavells response to the capsule forming around the reservoir. That happens quickly and creates auto inflation if the reservoir can’t expand fully. But, he’s the pro so I’m sure he has a valid answer for that. But at day 3 I was feeling my pump and cycling. However, I think everyone is different. If your sack is that swollen, you probably need to wait longer. Since you chose Clavell, I’d follow his protocol exactly either way.
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:24 pm

Iwillbeatpd wrote: Since you chose Clavell, I’d follow his protocol exactly either way.

Read his post again, he did not choose Clavell, he only watched a Clavell video.
"but she... My urologist...insists...."

I didn't cycle for 5 weeks. I have no auto-inflation at all. My dick is "set it and forget it" :D

I was ready for cycling at 4 weeks, as my incision was fully closed up, but since Dr. Clavell had to make an additional incision in my tunica albuginea up near my glans to remove some scar tissue we weren't aware of, he wanted to wait an extra week for that to be completely healed before I started expanding the cylinder and putting pressure on that freshly healed incision. I'd rather wait another week than risk a blowout or something worse. Made perfect sense to me.

My assumption is that because infection can be catastrophic, he'd prefer you keep your grubby germ ridden hands off your sack until the incision is completely closed. That makes sense to me too.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:58 pm

4rest4rest wrote:So, I'm looking for my testicles and pump.

Had the implant Monday 12/4 and can't locate anything in my scrotum. It feels like it's burning when I touch it and filled with sand.

It's the size of a grapefruit and feels like it's sitting on the damn barbeque every time I try to touch it. Clavell (in a video) warned about pulling the pump down too early but she... My urologist...insists....

Since there doesn't seem to be anything out there.... What did you guys do?

How long to find the testicles/pump?

When did you start to nudge it (the punp) down (for the penosctotal only)... And finally...

How many had a separate cut on your belt line to place the reservoir??

Yeah. I got that too.

I'm basically swollen like a tree and black and blue from my waist to mid thigh.

Been down, gel packs, horizontal for swelling.... They're saying no heat. Continue cold pack... But I'm thinking heat...

Idk there's no consensus....

Thanks all,
Forrest

I went with clavell and was told the same, dont touch. But! One of the most common issues i read about was the pump sticking to some part of your body, so I started from day one, gently moving it around every time i pissed. Maybe that makes me a dumb ass but the pump didnt stick to my nuts or anything else. Now, i didnt pull down because it was perfectly placed. I did little cirles and pulled away from my body, very gently.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:49 pm

4rest4rest wrote:Thanks let me answer your question...

The doctor instructed me Monday, surgery day, to locate the pump Thursday and gently pull it down when I go-to the bathroom....

On Monday/Tuesday things looked fine. 4" slightly erect penis, pointing up. All was good , pink, pretty until Tuesday night.

Cath came out Tuesday 93 ...thank God, bandage wrap came off...Uh Oh!
Got home, disaster. Parts becoming unrecognizable.

I'm not trying to pump...I'm just trying to locate and gently pull. I'm trying to do exactly what she's said to do....but...my confidence in her advice is raining waining.

And now, nothing put pain to the touch, swelling, etc, etc. At one point yesterday I thought I'd lose my penis to the swelling...

Basically I can see the head.....

ThailandBound wrote:You were penoscrotal, right?

There are mixed reports coming from patients of two of the most mentioned doctors here. Eid & Clavell.

Eid’s patients are inflating/deflating within days. Most reports i’ve read (including “Merrick’s” excellent journal) describe at times almost through the roof pain at the earliest attempts. It is what it is. He’s the doctor.

Next is Clavell. He inflates to 50% and instructs his guys to not touch a thing for about 6 weeks. That was me. I didn’t even TOUCH the pump for a full month, and then only gentle nudges (“ah ha, there it is”). At 6 weeks my scrotum had healed and the earliest days of cycling were not bad at all. No way was i pulling anything down in the earliest days. That’s a Clavell trademark. Consistently great pump placement. I do believe Eid is the same.

I’m mystified why, if you had penoscrotal, you are pulling anything at all given your recently sliced and swollen sack?

Seems like you have a hematoma as mentioned above which can happen. It may be hard to locate the pump (and super painful) for a while. Hang in there. hot packs should be completely okay if the incision is closed as it can help loosen the skin.

I asked about the pump with my doctors and got different answers. My doctor (Pateel) who does both penoscrotal and infrapubic recommended at least trying to move the pump around to prevent scarring in the capsule pocket over the pump bulb. He thinks this leads to more force needed to pump it up once the capsule forms after 2-3 months so this early massage or pulling on the pump can be helpful.
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

4rest4rest

Postby 4rest4rest » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:56 pm

I wanted to go heat on the swelling but they said no yesterday. Since I was spotting a little blood on the overnight I'm going to bet the penoscrotal access is not sealed so I will wait. Didn't get any blood on the pads today...and began to get the shooting pains...

If no blood Saturday morning, I'm popping on the heating pad for a spell. Also on Aleve for swelling...2x per day..
Forrest

jwdetails wrote:
4rest4rest wrote:Thanks let me answer your question...

ThailandBound wrote:You were penoscrotal, right?

There are mixed reports coming from patients of two of the most mentioned doctors here. Eid & Clavell.

Eid’s patients are inflating/deflating within days. Most reports i’ve read (including “Merrick’s” excellent journal) describe at times almost through the roof pain at the earliest attempts. It is what it is. He’s the doctor.

Next is Clavell. He inflates to 50% and instructs his guys to not touch a thing for about 6 weeks. That was me. I didn’t even TOUCH the pump for a full month, and then only gentle nudges (“ah ha, there it is”). At 6 weeks my scrotum had healed and the earliest days of cycling were not bad at all. No way was i pulling anything down in the earliest days. That’s a Clavell trademark. Consistently great pump placement. I do believe Eid is the same.

I’m mystified why, if you had penoscrotal, you are pulling anything at all given your recently sliced and swollen sack?

Seems like you have a hematoma as mentioned above which can happen. It may be hard to locate the pump (and super painful) for a while. Hang in there. hot packs should be completely okay if the incision is closed as it can help loosen the skin.

I asked about the pump with my doctors and got different answers. My doctor (Pateel) who does both penoscrotal and infrapubic recommended at least trying to move the pump around to prevent scarring in the capsule pocket over the pump bulb. He thinks this leads to more force needed to pump it up once the capsule forms after 2-3 months so this early massage or pulling on the pump can be helpful.
4rest :) from Southern WV, 61 ED off and on since 2016, Severe currently and Coloplast Titan implanted on December 4 2023. Feel free to in box me.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:26 pm

I’ve been through three of these surgeries. First week or two in rough. Leave that pump alone until the swelling goes down. My junk was so swollen it looked like a upside down bee hive. I didn’t see my dickhead for four weeks. You will be fine just leave it alone other than ice for the next week or so.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Return to “Implants”