Rodsmen’s Journal and Recommendations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rodsmen

Re: Rodsmen’s Journal and Recommendations

Postby Rodsmen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:58 pm

Surgery + 3 days

There was somewhat less pain today. The areas of pain seem to shift once or twice a day. They are my groin area all around my balls, increasingly the shaft and around the base, and decreasingly the “snake eyes.” The area of the reservoir is getting more and more tender.

https://imgchest.com/p/bp45xq53v75
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:07 pm

Surgery + 4 days

My discomfort has increased today over yesterday. Mostly the same areas, especially where the reservoir is located. Note increased bruising.
https://imgchest.com/p/9ryd5r6m64k
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 pm

Surgery + 5 days

The area where the reservoir is placed has swollen more, and bruising on my leg has gotten worse, for some reason. I’m going from ice to heat to try to lessen the pain. Still only on Tylenol and Gabapentin.

The good news is that Dr. Mills seems to have been able to spare some of my tissue, as I can feel my dick getting a little harder when aroused by blowing my husband since I realized that it would not be harmful. (I did not touch myself). Further, I can “bounce” my dick up and down by squeezing the muscle that always did that before. It doesn’t move as much (at least yet), but I am delighted with the sign that some natural functionality was left intact.
https://imgchest.com/p/9p4ne8jw54n

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:17 pm

Surgery + 6 days

The pain is still worse than on the third day. The adhesive has started to break down, and blood has begun to seep from the main wound that is high on my scrotum, so I have started to use the prescription ointment that the doctor ordered (and said not to use until the adhesive started to dissolve). My dick looks even more distorted than it did a few days ago.

Now that my glans is no longer very sensitive to touch, I can go from taping my dick down with surgical tape and gauze to just using Separatec undershorts (not as they were intended to be worn). Now I see what everyone was talking about. They work quite well. I could have started using them a couple of days earlier. The only problem is that they pull down on my glans, so I keep pulling the front up. Not bad at all.
https://imgchest.com/p/na7kz8vvw78

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:26 pm

Surgery +7 days

I am much better today, just uncomfortable with the 3 x a day Tylenol and Gabapentin. More of the adhesive is coming off, so I am washing with Hibiclens and using the antibiotic ointment that the doctor prescribed on the 4 wound areas. [Note that I was later told that I should not have been using Hibiclens post-surgery because it could irritate the wounds.] There was a tiny bit of blood seeping from the main wound on my sac, while the “snake eyes” actually seemed to be healed and no longer sensitive, and the drain wound seemed fine too.

The Separatec undershorts are still working great and kept me pointing pretty much straight up overnight, as I need to stay for two weeks.

https://imgchest.com/p/9ryd5r66n4k

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:13 am

Rodsmen wrote:Surgery + 6 days

Now that my glans is no longer very sensitive to touch, I can go from taping my dick down with surgical tape and gauze to just using Separatec undershorts (not as they were intended to be worn). Now I see what everyone was talking about. They work quite well. I could have started using them a couple of days earlier. The only problem is that they pull down on my glans, so I keep pulling the front up. Not bad at all.

If you haven’t already done so, i’d suggest placing a baby sock with the elastic cut off over your glans at all times. Like a warm, soft knit cap that prevents you from irritating the glans. I bought a bundle so that i’d have a clean one every day.

Plus, having “Sonic the Hedgehog” on my dick all day provided some comic relief.

Your healing sounds like it’s going pretty well. Hang in there.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

thx1138

Postby thx1138 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:15 pm

Rodsmen,

I forgot to ask before; with the penescrotal incision, does Dr. mills do the horizontal
or vertical incision ?

Thanks again,

THX1138

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:53 pm

ThailandBound wrote:
Rodsmen wrote:Surgery + 6 days

If you haven’t already done so, i’d suggest placing a baby sock with the elastic cut off over your glans at all times. Like a warm, soft knit cap that prevents you from irritating the glans. I bought a bundle so that i’d have a clean one every day.

Plus, having “Sonic the Hedgehog” on my dick all day provided some comic relief.

Your healing sounds like it’s going pretty well. Hang in there.

Thanks ThailandBound,

By the time I switched to wearing the Separatec underwear, it wasn't that my glans was sensitive, but just that the underwear rise was too short to accommodate me without pulling down, so the sock wouldn't have helped at that point. I did have some on hand. You might be amused that the reason I already had children's socks around (some complete with wildly inappropriate sayings on them, such as "Sweet little one") was that they give them out at a local gay bar for events in which you only have to wear a sock over your dick (and shoes).

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:54 pm

thx1138 wrote:Rodsmen,

I forgot to ask before; with the penescrotal incision, does Dr. mills do the horizontal
or vertical incision ?

Thanks again,

THX1138

It is horizontal. There are links to photos in my journal posts.

FredStone2020

Postby FredStone2020 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:10 pm

thanks for this post. Im at the front end of research. so this is good reading for me
59 struggles with Pills for 5 years but they stopped looking into implants - trying 30 uints of 5ml tri-mix (30-3-30 Papaverine, Phentolamine, PGE-1)

Return to “Implants”