Scar reduction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Old Guy

Re: Scar reduction

Postby Old Guy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:33 am

Vitamin E works well for scars and is inexpensive. Massaging the scar is the thing that will help the most. Cells try to stick together during the healing phase and the movement breaks them up.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:13 pm

October26 wrote:
Drhite wrote:Did anyone use a product to reduce scaring on the scrotum??

My doc did a hack job of suturing BOTH times.. a month post revision now and it looks like i have a zipper on my sac

I had a scrotoplasty at the same time as the implant procedure so I had a long scar. It looked a little like a zipper. I waited until it was mostly healed and then used Mederma twice a day. I had a good result. I use Mederma on all my cuts and scars and this stuff really works. Also, I was told by both my urology surgeon and later by my dermatologist that the scrotal skin is extremely forgiving. I was told that it helps to gently massage the scar in addition to the Mederma.

Healing takes time. I think it was two or three months after the surgery before I thought the scrotum would look right. I was a little worried for awhile since the scrotoplasty is supposed to make the erect penis look better. I took some pictures of the progress through the process.

I was told a 3-4 months in after my first surgery in June that the scrotum would heal so well, I couldnt tell. But the suture has a huge dimpled part, which I thought was scarring to the tubing/pump. It may have but he never admitted to it, but the issue of the tubing being midshaft was the main problem.

My first LGX failed and tore thru the corpra. Doc said I had too much rough sex for the LGX and revised to Titan Nov. I told him to fix the scarring, etc.. did none of that...

Here's my suture.. let me know what yall think.
20231212_101106.jpg
20231212_101106.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 145 times
20231212_101028.jpg
20231212_101028.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 145 times
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

October26

Postby October26 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:24 am

M Incision IMG_6855.jpg
M Incision IMG_6855.jpg (404.02 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Here is my incision two months after the implant procedure with scrotoplasty. I will find a picture of the incision in the first days after the procedure and give you my comments.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am

Drhite, I never did a detailed look of my surgery scar. But by feel it seemed to of been very similar to yours. A couple of months into recovery. At the left end of my scar I got a lump. Tender & felt like a zit. I finally gave it a good squeeze & something shot out. No idea if it was an undisolved stitch or what. Couldn't find the material so I moved on. Got something similar a few months later only smaller. Same results.
Now, at 7 1/2 months post surgery. By feeling I can't find anything that feels like scar tissue. Every place feels like soft scrotal skin.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:50 pm

DrHite,
I suggest to wait a couple of months. Things get relaxed and stretched later. If still there after about 6 months and it is annoying you visually only, I think you can live with it It doesn't worth to go under the knife again. The only concern is if it continued to prevail, it will be hard to clean, as it has pockets. Let us wait and see.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:05 pm

October26 wrote:M Incision IMG_6855.jpg

Here is my incision two months after the implant procedure with scrotoplasty. I will find a picture of the incision in the first days after the procedure and give you my comments.

Looks amazing! I can't wait to have that procedure done as well!

But at several months, you're healing is drastically better.
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:10 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Drhite, I never did a detailed look of my surgery scar. But by feel it seemed to of been very similar to yours. A couple of months into recovery. At the left end of my scar I got a lump. Tender & felt like a zit. I finally gave it a good squeeze & something shot out. No idea if it was an undisolved stitch or what. Couldn't find the material so I moved on. Got something similar a few months later only smaller. Same results.
Now, at 7 1/2 months post surgery. By feeling I can't find anything that feels like scar tissue. Every place feels like soft scrotal skin.

Does give me some hope... but even before my revision at about 5 months, the scar looks identical to what it is now.

So given that it's only been about 5 weeks, i am hopeful. Main concern is the dimple as if the suture isnt aligned correctly.

Gf and I like nude and lifestyle resorts so it is offsetting to see the scar

October26

Postby October26 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 pm

I did not ask the doctor to do the scrotoplasty along with the penoscrotal incision but I am glad she suggested it. I asked why I would do it and she said it makes the penis look better, especially when erect or semi-erect. Since the cost of the scrotoplasty was covered by insurance in the IPP procedure I agreed, even though the healing time was a little longer. Really, it does look great, even when just a little inflated. I know that a plastic surgeon would be glad to revise that scar of yours if it does not correct itself with Mederma, lotion and massage.

October26

Postby October26 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:18 pm

Drhite wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Drhite, I never did a detailed look of my surgery scar. But by feel it seemed to of been very similar to yours. A couple of months into recovery. At the left end of my scar I got a lump. Tender & felt like a zit. I finally gave it a good squeeze & something shot out. No idea if it was an undisolved stitch or what. Couldn't find the material so I moved on. Got something similar a few months later only smaller. Same results.

Does give me some hope... but even before my revision at about 5 months, the scar looks identical to what it is now.

So given that it's only been about 5 weeks, i am hopeful. Main concern is the dimple as if the suture isnt aligned correctly.

Did the surgeon up-size you at all when doing the revision?

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:41 pm

October26 wrote:
Drhite wrote:

Did the surgeon up-size you at all when doing the revision?

NOPE!!! By all logic, I should have gone from 18cm (.5rte) LGX to 20CM Titan from the size I regained while cycling. We had hours long conversations about this along whith fixing the tubing location, scar correction, etc... It was from this I allowed him to re-operate vs go to another doc.... sooo disappointed in him.

Seeing another doc in Jan... but I gotta look into the scrotoplasty being covered by insurance!! Thought it was cosmetic only. I envy your doc as I'm sure she did the plasty as part of the incision....

Return to “Implants”