A little good vibes please.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

A little good vibes please.

Postby gregorbehr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 am

***Doc was shocked and unhappy to see me still bleeding! The stitches have dissolved but still not healed up. So he added enough steri-strips to make me look like Frankenstein's bride! If still bleeding by Friday he'll book a surgery to restitch the entire scrotum next week :(
More antibiotics, another kind of pain med and more bed rest. I'm losing my helper tomorrow, so he said if I find myself unable to care for myself to call and he'll admit me back in the hospital. NOT what I want to do, but nice that he's understanding enough to go that far if i need it!

I'm not the praying sort, but I could use a little good vibes for tomorrow (the 9th). Second post-op visit with doc (first one was after the ER trip and emergency appt with him last week).
I'm STILL bleeding at the incision point at the base of the shaft. Also given my ultra high tolerance to pain meds, this has been a really rough recovery that has kept me pretty much in bed since the surgery on the 26th.
While I don't expect much can really be done about the pain, I just want him to have a solution to the bleeding and at least say that while slowly, I am healing decently. I can tell the pump has shifted all the way to the right side of my scrotum and my balls are pushed up together on the left side. I'm hoping that while not ideal, he won't find it to be a major problem.

More tomorrow and thanks!
Greg
Attachments
photo-3.jpg
photo-3.jpg (247.65 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Last edited by gregorbehr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

jeremc

Re: A little good vibes please.

Postby jeremc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 am

Greg:
Hang in there buddy, I'm praying for you. You had a rough surgery, and it will take a little longer to heal up.
The bleeding does bother me. Hopefully you'll get that taken care of today.
All my best,
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:38 am

Prayers on your behalf are being said. Keep us updated on your progress! Jc

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

GREG:

So sorry to hear this news. :(

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Best wishes. Hang in there and things will be looking better soon.

I would avoid getting admitted back into the hospital as you can pick up infections there. You might look into if your insurance will pay for some sort of home care to assist you.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”