Surgery postponed! All advice welcomed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Crebow

Surgery postponed! All advice welcomed

Postby Crebow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:00 am

Happy Holidays to all!

Unfortunately my surgery date has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for Dec 22 now on the books for January 5th. It sucks as Im ready to get this process started but the timing now works out wven better reference work and recovery time. Now I will have the surgery then 5 days off from work to begin recovery. Hopefully I can return to work after the 5 days? FYI I had a malleable installed OCT/23 .. had to wait on the 3 piece due to scar tissue. Im assuming that the 3 piece install will leave me worse off then the malleable alone.

If anyone reads... How soon were you able to go back to work or daily duties? I do understand that healing times involve many factors, and people are different. Just checking with everyone to see how long it took them. I will be able to sit and work behind a computer for the most part, I do understand that in itself is a huge factor.

How about a jock strap or compression gear. In Oct I had a malleable and it was very uncomfortable with either the malleable obviously has little give . I'd imagine that I will only be inflated 50-60 percent, maybe that helps.

Any input or advice will be much appreciated.
54 yr old. Retired US Army. Priapism Oct/2023. First procedure Oct/23 malleable inserted. Second procedure scheduled for Dec/2023 for 3 Piece.

Iwillbeatpd

Re: Surgery postponed! All advice welcomed

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:34 am

Hey Crebow,

I’m 5 days post op right now. I would plan on doing little to nothing for the first 3 days. If you work remote or something you could probably work starting the day after surgery, although you won’t want to. After day 3, I started to feel a lot better. Not better because of pain, but because the first 3 days I had a 75% erection and a drain in, so everywhere I went I had to carry my drain bag with me, and I legit could not fit my dick in my pants since it was wrapped up and erect. After day 3 of removing the wrap and drain I felt alot better and was able to move around mostly normal. My nuts were sore and reservoir site was sore, but I could still walk around. Not to be confused with going on a walk lol…I wouldn’t recommend that.

After day 3 my reservoir site is still sore, but now my shaft is constantly aching from the cycling lol. And my balls always hurt from all the pumping and squeezing the already tender skin. From my guesstimate. You could probably go in a light walk a week post op. An actual walk 2-3 weeks post op. And after a month I hear you’re feeling much better usually.
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

Crebow

Postby Crebow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:20 pm

Iwillbeatpd,

Thank you very much. 5 days post op. You are already cycling? Did you have penoscrotal or infrapubic? If you don't mind which device did you receive?
54 yr old. Retired US Army. Priapism Oct/2023. First procedure Oct/23 malleable inserted. Second procedure scheduled for Dec/2023 for 3 Piece.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:24 pm

I went back to work only 2 days after my implant, but I work from home. So I could take breaks, lay down a little and return to work. Even with these breaks, the swelling last more than a month for me. I don't think you can get that in office. You will be good, but your recovery will take longer, if you don't get enough rest during the first 2 weeks after implant.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Crebow

Postby Crebow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:38 pm

FinallyBionic,

Yeah, I can work 5 jobs where I work. I will surely have them schedule me for the desk job. Thank you very much. Did you wear a jock strap or some kind of support?

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:39 pm

Crebow wrote:Iwillbeatpd,

Thank you very much. 5 days post op. You are already cycling? Did you have penoscrotal or infrapubic? If you don't mind which device did you receive?

I was given the option of either and chose scrotal to minimize tubing and the scar. I think the normal protocol is cycling at day 8, which is what I expected. But when I went in to have my drain and bandages removed they cycled me and asked me to try myself. A lot to take in during one appointment and was def not mentally prepared for all of that lol. But after that I did feel comfortable cycling. Painful for sure, but easy to do. I was implanted with a Titan Touch 26 CM, No RTE’s. Happy to answer any other questions you have.

and also, I’ve worn briefs and boxers since, and honestly both are fine. Briefs help hold your dick close to your body and support your scrotum a little more, so probably a better option than boxers. You’re supposed to try to point your dick up the first couple weeks, so trying that as much as possible. I’ve always had a 3 o’clock erection angle, and after surgery it’s still a 3’oclock erection angle. Others here I have heard their angle goes to 2 o’clock. But I think people generally say use a jock for the support of your sack, and to tuck your penis up while healing.
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

Crebow

Postby Crebow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:08 pm

Iwillbeatpd,
Wow, congratulations. Glad all is going well. Hopefully I have similar results. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, that will apparently be put to the test.

Thanks again for all of the info

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:16 pm

So you got a malleable first? And are now moving to a 3 piece? If I may ask, why did you go that route?

Crebow

Postby Crebow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:13 pm

Iwillbeatpd,

Had a priapism about a month ago, went to the ER I think 3 days later after having a 75- 90 percent erection. The reason that it took me so long to go was I wasn't in any pain, just weird and uncomfortable. Also after reading signs and symptoms of a priapism
I diagnosed myself as having a nonischemic priapism, which lol was a bad diagnosis. Which all information said the doctor would send me home to monitor it. I truly didn't have any pain. I regret not going immediately.. but hindsight is a bitch.

Anyway in the Er. The drew blood and determined that i had ischemic, most common vs nonischemic. My symptoms were like nonischemic. To the point i had to get it drained. He numbed it but my man ... that was painful . He squezed like a wet dirty dish rag. He draind it twice within 2 hrs and it immediately filled back up. I went home and it right back up within hours. Never drained again naturally and never went down again. Then i started getting the blue ball pain. I knew there was a problem, like the Dr told me. I looked and trued to research the path forward, continued aspiration, shunts, malleable or a 3 piece.
I opted for IPP surgury 2 days later. The Dr found to much scar tissue, near the glans to properly fit me, he refused to put device that may leave me with a floppy head so he placed a malleable in there to occupy the space. Wainting for the scar tissue heal to be removed and now I'm waiting on a 3 piece.
Hopefully you dont mind the picture
Attachments
20231109_155400~2.jpg
20231109_155400~2.jpg (890.45 KiB) Viewed 374 times

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:58 pm

Crebow wrote:Iwillbeatpd,

Had a priapism about a month ago, went to the ER I think 3 days later after having a 75- 90 percent erection. The reason that it took me so long to go was I wasn't in any pain, just weird and uncomfortable. Also after reading signs and symptoms of a priapism
I diagnosed myself as having a nonischemic priapism, which lol was a bad diagnosis. Which all information said the doctor would send me home to monitor it. I truly didn't have any pain. I regret not going immediately.. but hindsight is a bitch.

Anyway in the Er. The drew blood and determined that i had ischemic, most common vs nonischemic. My symptoms were like nonischemic. To the point i had to get it drained. He numbed it but my man ... that was painful . He squezed like a wet dirty dish rag. He draind it twice within 2 hrs and it immediately filled back up. I went home and it right back up within hours. Never drained again naturally and never went down again. Then i started getting the blue ball pain. I knew there was a problem, like the Dr told me. I looked and trued to research the path forward, continued aspiration, shunts, malleable or a 3 piece.
I opted for IPP surgury 2 days later. The Dr found to much scar tissue, near the glans to properly fit me, he refused to put device that may leave me with a floppy head so he placed a malleable in there to occupy the space. Wainting for the scar tissue heal to be removed and now I'm waiting on a 3 piece.
Hopefully you dont mind the picture

Geez man…lol, that’s quite the situation. But it makes sense now. How did you end up with an erection like that anyway? Pills or injections? Before my implant I used trimix a few times but was also really worried of something like that happening. Good news for you is, there a solution for it and you’ll be back up and running with your implant. Just be sure to choose the right surgeon- very important. Seems like Hakky or Clavell are the top 2 right now.

Return to “Implants”