Cylinder fell out into my scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cautiouslyoptimistic

Cylinder fell out into my scrotum

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:02 pm

Hi guys I need some advice, Had a revision to an AMS CX and in the left cylinder fell completely out of my implant in my scrotum. I’ve only found a couple other case or this happening on franktalk. Fantastic luck I have. The Dr who performed the revision said the stitches holding the corporotomy likely tore and will need to be fixed. He apologized and felt for me, but I’m now questioning whether I should go back to him to have this revised. He only uses AMS devices which some have said is a major red flag. I now know that because he discussed the possibility of replacing it completely and I asked if that was the case could I replace it with a Titan. He was hesitant and said he only used AMS and hasn’t implanted a Titan in quite some time, but would ask if he could get a Titan for me. He said that the hospital he’s affiliated with only uses AMS so it might be a lengthy delay to get it. He then called me back a few hours later and said he did some thinking and the best solution would just be to reposition the cylinder and stitch closed the corporotomy instead of replacing everything. The device also has massive dog ears, and he said he’s not sure why that is exactly, but prior to the cylinder falling out the dog ear kept getting bigger and bigger, sticking out sideways literally 2 inches during the inflation process.

I just want your feedback on if it’s a good idea to go ahead with another surgery with the doctor. He’s a nice guy, listens well and explains things, but I’m questioning his surgical skill a little bit if something like this could happen. A million things are running through my head. I went in for the revision to have the tubing and aneurysm addressed and post-op he said something along the lines of “I couldn’t fix that bulge, I didn’t want to risk damaging healthy tissue”.
Last edited by cautiouslyoptimistic on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tmansdorfer

Re: Left Cylinder fell out into scrotum 2 months after revision

Postby Tmansdorfer » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:18 pm

I am one of the ones that had this same thing happened. I had the implant fail and I had a revision. One and a half months after the revision I had the left implant come out into my scrotum. The dr went back in and just put the implant back in and didn’t replace anything. Several months after that I had a serious infection on the implant. I switched drs because I didn’t trust the original dr and the new dr told me they should have replaced at least the side that came out.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:35 pm

So sorry that happened to you man. That’s exactly what I’m thinking. This implant is clearly loose in multiple places, I can feel it. The ENTIRE left cylinder is sitting in my scrotum, and the pump always felt high, kinked up, and poking through the skin since day 1. It was not done properly last time if the corporotomy ripped so easily. I waited 3 1/2 weeks to cycle it which should have been more than enough time. He’s was first leaning towards replacing it, but after I mentioned using a Coloplast as a replacement instead of another AMS CX he changed his mind and is saying the best route would probably be to leave in the device that’s currently in there. repositioning it and stitching closed the corporotomy.

I’m not a doctor so it’s hard to question it, but I so desperately want this to be done and not need another revision or get an infection. Please help

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Man, I really feel for your situation.

Please be cautious, do not go back to him!

Save up if you have to, but go to one of the recommended doctors, preferably Dr Eid. He is known to fix botched implants.

Hang in there man, wishing you the best.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:55 pm

I would suggest seeking out a second opinion from a high volume surgeon, the quickest and easiest way is using telemedicine appointment this way you can consult with the doctor by appointment from the comfort of your home. Maybe even two other opinions. GL.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:27 am

Thanks to everyone who responded. I totally agree about getting a second and third opinion. I have multiple appointments lined up next week. My only worry is how long can the left cylinder be out of place before that scar tissue begins to form in the space made for the cylinder. The doctor who did my revision said i can’t leave it too long but did not give an exact time frame.

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:06 pm

When I had the infection they removed the whole implant for 6 months and were able to reinsert the implant once I was free of the infection. I did utilize the VeD everyday while I was waiting for the revision.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:When I had the infection they removed the whole implant for 6 months and were able to reinsert the implant once I was free of the infection. I did utilize the VeD everyday while I was waiting for the revision.

Did your penis/size change in those 6 months?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:34 pm

Yes I lost 2cm from the implant and about an inch of measurable size from before the infection to now. My dr told me that the use of the VED was what made it possible to place it back in. He also told me that with another revision he should be able to install the prior size now that it has been two years. I have not done the revision yet due to fears of infection again but I have an appointment with my dr on Monday to discuss so we will see. I also have been waiting until the new ams pump comes out

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:20 am

Very scared of another revision and the potential for infection also. Petrified is more like it. The thought of never being able to use my penis again is also a thought I’m trying my best to shake.
Last edited by cautiouslyoptimistic on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Implants”