Measurement survey of surgical measurements vs. results

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rodsmen

Measurement survey of surgical measurements vs. results

Postby Rodsmen » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm

I think it would be valuable to many of us to do a a survey of the distal and proximal measurements that your surgeon reported after your implant, along with exactly which implant you got, and your post-surgery size status relative to how long it has been since your surgery. (The proximal, or internal penis length on average is close to the same as the distal, or external stretched length, and varies from 0.45 to 1.2 in 83%, with the mean around 0.95.)

I am getting an AMS 700 CX (not the one that specifically enlarges) on 11/29. I am around 19.5 cm x 18 cm without pumping, so that is my baseline. The guidelines to doctors from Boston Scientific are "Total length minus 2 = maximum device size without rear tips. If proximal measurement is at least 3-cm longer than the distal measurement, drop down by 1 cylinder length." My surgeon knows my (self-reported) measurements, but assures me that they will implant "all that my tissues will accommodate" and will be aggressive in sizing. The possible cylinder sizes are 21cm or 24cm. My surgeon only uses a maximum of one extender, and the longest extender is 6.0 cm. That means a total of 30 cm for proximal and distal combined. If I measure at the mean of the population, my total penis length is 38 cm. I am very interested in the implanted size of cylinders plus extenders that others have compared to their total length as measured during surgery.

I propose that anyone who is willing to participate list the proximal and distal measurements during surgery (and their own pre-surgery stretched length would be interesting for comparison), the specific model of the implant (not just the manufacturer), and their size loss right after surgery, and after a specified period of time of cycling, and whether or not you did "THE Exercise" which is widely praised. If we all do that, we will have the beginning of something more solid than individual anecdotes.
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

newbie443

Re: Measurement survey of surgical measurements vs. results

Postby newbie443 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm

I think your information on AMS guidelines to subtract 2cm from measurement may be for malleable devices. I was measured 11 proximal and 11 distal and received a 21cm LGX with a 1cm RTE. I measured 22cm total and received a 22cm device. As inflatable devices can be deflated they can be sized to what the measurement is. A malleable is rigid and needs to be undersized to prevent erosion.

As another point there is only so much proximal room. Thay would mean that men with larger size penises would not follow that 50/50 rule. That may work for what ever study you found and most likely include all men, There is a bell curve for penis size. Very small and very large make up a very small portion of men. The group of men studied may have all be of the average size range and did not include those fewer very large and very small.

Most men with larger sizes go with a Titan as it comes in XL sizes out to 28cm IIRC. Any reason you want to go with the CX vs. the Titan XL?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:47 pm

newbie443 wrote:I think your information on AMS guidelines to subtract 2cm from measurement may be for malleable devices. I was measured 11 proximal and 11 distal and received a 21cm LGX with a 1cm RTE. I measured 22cm total and received a 22cm device. As inflatable devices can be deflated they can be sized to what the measurement is. A malleable is rigid and needs to be undersized to prevent erosion.

As another point there is only so much proximal room. Thay would mean that men with larger size penises would not follow that 50/50 rule. That may work for what ever study you found and most likely include all men, There is a bell curve for penis size. Very small and very large make up a very small portion of men. The group of men studied may have all be of the average size range and did not include those fewer very large and very small.

Most men with larger sizes go with a Titan as it comes in XL sizes out to 28cm IIRC. Any reason you want to go with the CX vs. the Titan XL?

Newbie443,
The doctor told me about subtracting 2 cm from the measurement, and it is what is in the AMS surgeon's guide, which I was able to find online. I agree about the bell curve and I could not find any data regarding proximal vs. distal measurements relative to either only distal or the total length. I suspect that you are correct, that it is unlikely that I have as much proximal as distal length. That is likely why the surgeon was not concerned about my retaining length. The reason that I went with AMS is that Dr. Jesse Mills, who is the surgeon in LA that I thought had the best credentials after researching it only does AMS. They have a newer pump that is supposed to correct the weak point of the pump sticking. I will certainly post my results right after and as I cycle and exercise post-surgery. I am pleased that the AMS is better able to have a more natural flaccid appearance.
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:43 pm

Rodsman, I have posted about the "minus 2cm" that is quoted in the AMS guidelines before.
First, I'm pretty sure that the minus only applies to the LGX implant. At least that is what my downloaded copy says.
Second, I have had this discussion with my drs assistant. She is right there as all of this happens. She has been his assistant for around 10 years. She insists that if you measure 21cm, that is what he uses. No minus is applied to either model. He only uses AMS products.
Third, trying to extrapolate installed to expected results is a fools errand. My crus is exceptionally deep. My distal vs proximal is close to equal. Surgery recovery & cycling discomfort was/is basically at my asshole. I'm not kidding, its that far back.
About a year ago we had a member that had very little proximal. Humans anatomy just varies too much to arrive at any reliable results on whatever small sampling you get off of this forum.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:21 am

I agree. the minus 2 cm is used with the lgx. That way they have no fear of oversizing you. What ever is used with Dr Jesse Mills doing it you will be happy. He is one of the best in the LA area.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:40 am

I really can’t imagine using anything but a titan with your girth. I’d almost guarantee the ams is a better quality product, but you may be leaving some thickness on the table.
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:15 pm

oldbeek wrote:I agree. the minus 2 cm is used with the lgx. That way they have no fear of oversizing you. What ever is used with Dr Jesse Mills doing it you will be happy. He is one of the best in the LA area.

Oldbeek,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Dr. Jesse Mills. I believe there is reason to have confidence in him, but I am very surprised that there is virtually nothing about him on this or any other forum I have found.

The Boston Scientific Physician Instructions document is for all AMS 700 variations. There is no differentiation in sizing for what seems to be their recommended practice, although the other sizing method does not reduce the length of the main cylinders for any variation.
Attachments
Image 11-26-23 at 1.14 PM.jpeg
Image 11-26-23 at 1.14 PM.jpeg (560.98 KiB) Viewed 677 times

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:19 pm

Craigohbig wrote:I really can’t imagine using anything but a titan with your girth. I’d almost guarantee the ams is a better quality product, but you may be leaving some thickness on the table.

Craigohbig,

I agree, from what I have seen the AMS is a superior product for several reasons, with the weak spot being the smaller girth. At least girth is the only thing that expands with the CX, so I am hopeful that I won't lose any more than 1" after cycling and exercise. Your progress is certainly encouraging, and it's always great to be able to look up to a "big brother" in my future membership of the Bionic Brotherhood.

Thanks
Kevin

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:56 pm

Rodsmen wrote:
Craigohbig wrote:I really can’t imagine using anything but a titan with your girth. I’d almost guarantee the ams is a better quality product, but you may be leaving some thickness on the table.

Craigohbig,

I agree, from what I have seen the AMS is a superior product for several reasons, with the weak spot being the smaller girth. At least girth is the only thing that expands with the CX, so I am hopeful that I won't lose any more than 1" after cycling and exercise. Your progress is certainly encouraging, and it's always great to be able to look up to a "big brother" in my future membership of the Bionic Brotherhood.

Thanks
Kevin

An inch!?!?
I know your big d isn’t your identity, but I bet it was a major part of your better days in the sack

These guys on here will beat you up for complaining about losing some volume, but we’re still guys…and these things matter
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Rodsmen

Postby Rodsmen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:46 pm

Craigohbig wrote:
Rodsmen wrote:

Craigohbig,

Thanks
Kevin

An inch!?!?
I know your big d isn’t your identity, but I bet it was a major part of your better days in the sack

These guys on here will beat you up for complaining about losing some volume, but we’re still guys…and these things matter

Craigohbig,

I should have specified that I anticipate losing at least an inch of girth, not length. I would be very, very unhappy about that! I intend to be serious about exercising every day, as soon as I can to deal at least the length issue.

My better days? Not behind me, I hope. My last hurrah a few weeks ago, courtesy of pumping and abusing Trimix set personal records. I hope to repeat that with the help of bionics. LOL.

Return to “Implants”