Post-op girth concerns

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
goose1235

Re: Post-op girth concerns

Postby goose1235 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:38 am

Bent Ben wrote:I would like to add, if you have chosen a good surgeon they should have given you a phone number to text them on to ask questions about your specific surgery. Dr Hakky did that for me, so did Dr Clavell before I had to change doctors. If they arent open to answering what is likely one of the top three questions they receive from patients, find a new surgeon.

Hey thanks for your response. I dont understand what all the argument is about but I thought you responded politely and gave me advice. Yes, I couldve searched, but I kept seeing mixed results about size increasing/decreasing. I guess the best thing is to go to a good surgeon. This alleviated my concerns a lot that I will likely not lose much size if at all, I might even gain!

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:22 am

Gentlemen,

Enough of the bun-fighting please. Exchanges like this will serve to dissuade future posters. Allow me to interject my own self for a moment and mediate.

First, when entering a new forum with newbie status it’s good form to take a bit of time binge-reading whatever has been posted before. This is true be it a sailing forum, a travel forum, or an implant forum. Asking questions that have been frequently answered serves to elicit a collective eye-roll (“this again??”) from the veterans. It implies a bit of laziness and disregard for the existing wisdom contained in the forum.

Next, this forum happens real-time with many posters in the real-time stress of their ED, their fears, their upcoming surgeries, or their post-surgical experiences. Sometimes the reassurance of real people, real-time, responding specifically to them is a great comfort. Friendships have been formed here. Because of this forum i actually have befriended and met up personally with another member, i n Thailand. Having this common experience lent itself to an experience of great comeraderie.

So, everyone cut the other guy some slack. The newbies, the annoyed, the misinformed, and the regulars.

This place is about helping. Not fussing.

OP. I gained overall girth. However, my dick has a somewhat more oval appearance. This is mitigated by full inflation and arousal, and any partner who didn’t know me before would not suspect anything was off. It just looks hard and engorged. Only I am aware of the change. My girlfriend now loves it.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 pm

goose1235 wrote:Hi, Ill probably choose to get an implant soon as a 25 yr old. I dont have a totally dead erection but it’s subpar and getting worse. My erection isnt girthy to begin with. I’m 4.5” midshaft and 4.25” base. Will they be sizing me for midshaft size or will I be limited by the smaller base size? Also, will I be smaller post-op? I dont have much girth to give so even every .1 counts…

Hi Goose,

I think your girth will remain the same and most likely increase based on the measurements you posted. Some guys with 5.5+ girth have reported loss in girth but i havent seen/ remember anyone with your measurements getting less girth.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Bent Ben

Postby Bent Ben » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:34 pm

goose1235 wrote:
Bent Ben wrote:I would like to add, if you have chosen a good surgeon they should have given you a phone number to text them on to ask questions about your specific surgery. Dr Hakky did that for me, so did Dr Clavell before I had to change doctors. If they arent open to answering what is likely one of the top three questions they receive from patients, find a new surgeon.

Hey thanks for your response. I dont understand what all the argument is about but I thought you responded politely and gave me advice. Yes, I couldve searched, but I kept seeing mixed results about size increasing/decreasing. I guess the best thing is to go to a good surgeon. This alleviated my concerns a lot that I will likely not lose much size if at all, I might even gain!

Thank you.
Have you started working with a surgeon? If not this should definitely be a question you ask them as you interview them, its a common and warranted question they should answer candidly.
Everyone’s situation is different and while I have seen all the postings that say implants help with girth, I was the exception and have lost girth. In fact my dr told me prior to examination that I would likely gain girth. After exam he told me I may lose girth. Everyone situation is unique
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:54 am

goose1235 wrote:

The mixed results is very easy to explain. During the first few months of recovery men will quickly start posting about the size that they lost. They either forget or don't understand that it generaly takes a year to recovery from surgery. Successful recovery requires consistent & dedicated cycling also. Much like many forms of exercise. You need repetition & constantly challenging your previous max routine.

Three months after surgery my dr measured me at .5cm of length increase over my stretch test length. About a week ago I was 1cm longer than my 3 month dr visit. So in 6 months I've gained 1.5cm from presurgery. I think that is a significant amount.

I always had good girth. I don't have an exact pre ED girth measurement but I do know how well my fingertip met my palm. I'm not quite there yet but I'm really close. I hesitate to post my exact sizes as I continue cycling. Seems some guys get hung up on a size when a member has passed that size a month or two later. Two days ago, I reached 6" girth at mid shaft. I feel like all is going well.

As to challenging myself on cycling. After reaching 6", I took a day off from cycling. My dick had a dull ache. It takes time. Please be prepared to do the work to cycle every day that you can. Count on a full year, maybe 18 months. It does happen, it is just so very slow that its hard for you to notice.

Solving ED is one hell of a journey. Somewhere I read that only about 3% of men will travel the entire path. Most just give up & live with being impotent or nearly impotent. That is a choice that only you can make.
Last edited by Gt1956 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Crazy_Horse

Postby Crazy_Horse » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:21 pm

Apparently your objection to questions about topics already covered has nothing to do with saving your or anybody else's time.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:30 pm

Colandria wrote:I don't have an implant yet but I wondered this question aswell as my erection also changed size from middle to base. As far as I understand, Craig is correct about the base getting thicker. That's the general consensus I received but I am not absolutely sure as I haven't had the operation yet. Good luck!

To answer your question. If you spend some time thinking about your penis size, as in if its tapered. All that taper is natural. Adding cylinders is basically only going to make it rigid. The taper in the tissue should still be there. My penis is tapered a bit, always has been. My CX hasn't changed that at all. It just gets hard, really hard & last until I want to stop.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Bent Ben

Postby Bent Ben » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:49 pm

Crazy_Horse wrote:Apparently your objection to questions about topics already covered has nothing to do with saving your or anybody else's time.

I thought this was hashed out :roll:
Ok, youre right, Im wrong. There you go big guy.
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

Crazy_Horse

Postby Crazy_Horse » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:14 am

Sorry if I'm behind the narrative. My eyes glazed over and I went to bed no closer to any answers.

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:11 pm

Colandria wrote:I don't have an implant yet but I wondered this question aswell as my erection also changed size from middle to base. As far as I understand, Craig is correct about the base getting thicker. That's the general consensus I received but I am not absolutely sure as I haven't had the operation yet. Good luck!

I just celebrated one year Coloplast Titan. Over time I had girth growth starting from the lower third and over time it increased on the lower two thirds and today it's almost even. Awhile ago I was thinking Urofil and I'm glad I waited so as far as I'm concerned both increase in length and girth especially girth.

Return to “Implants”