should I go alone

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
formsetter

should I go alone

Postby formsetter » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:38 am

I am scheduled for surgery with cavel on Jan 3
My wife and I were wondering if it would be OK for me to go alone or should she go with me
she could hold down the fort at home while im gone
I Would have to fly there and back only 2hr flight not bad would I need her help
or can i do it alone
I was wondering how many guys went alone and was it hard to do by yourself
47 ed for 3 years blame it on finasteride implanted on Jan 3 with cavell
Titian with classic pump 23.0 with .5 RTE
pre implant 7" x 5.5"
6.5" x 5" now hopefully get it all back with cycling

Chintu

Re: should I go alone

Postby Chintu » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:54 am

formsetter wrote:I am scheduled for surgery with cavel on Jan 3
My wife and I were wondering if it would be OK for me to go alone or should she go with me
I Would have to fly there and back only 2hr flight not bad would I need her help
or can i do it alone

I went alone for implant. You can pull it on your own.
35 yrs old. ED-2 yrs. Implanted Rigi10 on 9-9-2023 India.
Here is the whatsapp group for who got malleable Implant or want to have one. The objective is to mutual help regarding implants, doctors, erosion, infections, warranty claims or revisions.
https://chat.whatsapp.com/FJYnpIGClI98xPWHAYxk3H

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:16 am

formsetter wrote:I am scheduled for surgery with cavel on Jan 3
or can i do it alone

I went alone and it can be done. Should be a number of old threads on going alone or not telling anyone about the surgery. It is better if you do have someone to help you though.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:55 am

Most places require you to have someone with due to the anesthesia can affect you for hours. You'll have to ask the doctor's office if you can go alone.
I don't think it's a good idea. My surgery was only a 20 minute drive away but I nodded off coming home. Then fell asleep for several hours once home. Travelling would not have been fun.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

NorCol

Postby NorCol » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:50 am

I did it twice, drove myself from San Antonio to Houston and back. Experienced no pain or driving issues. Everyone is different so your experiences could be completely opposite. Suggest you research previous posts on subject and discuss your plans with the doctor. Best of luck.

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:51 am

Old Guy wrote:Most places require you to have someone with due to the anesthesia can affect you for hours. You'll have to ask the doctor's office if you can go alone.
I don't think it's a good idea. My surgery was only a 20 minute drive away but I nodded off coming home. Then fell asleep for several hours once home. Travelling would not have been fun.

I'm with Old Guy on this one.

Remember, you will STILL have opiates in your system for at a least a day or two after your release.

You get behind the wheel and swerve by mistake, a cop could pull you over.

Obviously, you would pass a breathalyzer but if they took you back to the station and they pulled blood.
It could be a big problem.

Personally,
If mye wife or helper couldn't get to me, I would call a taxi or UBER.
You've come this far, you made it thru surgery......I wouldn't risk it.

My Hospital would NOT release me without proof of someone coming to pick me up.

Be careful, you may still be a little "woozy" for number of hours.
I was.

Good Luck.
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:52 pm

I travelled 12 hours by car for my surgery, but was held overnight at the hospital. When released the next day, my wife drove me to our hotel. I'd have been very uncomfortable and a poor driver for the opiate hangover, and I only had the one they gave me right after surgery. Also, like most men, I was left inflated at about 70% and wearing anything below the waist was painful. Once in the car, I dropped my sweat pants to the floor and was happy to not have anything touching my dick.

We stayed in the hotel for a week, until I was activated on day 8, and the doctor released me to go home. Even then, I was uncomfortable and my wife drove most of the 12 hour trip back. We broke it into two days, as sitting in the car that long was still uncomfortable. Again, for most of the drive, I wore no pants.

I wouldn't want to do it alone, there was enough pain and difficulty that I wouldn't recommend it. But your drive is short, so maybe it would be OK. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:31 pm

Your surgery with Clavell is exactly 1 year to the day of my surgery with him. In fact, i was his first surgery of the new year. (happy new year! btw).

i flew from Miami to Houston and back. Uber’d from IAH to hotel and back after surgery. Uber’d to my hotel after surgery.

All was fine. The nerve block he gives you is a miracle. Did feel odd with that numb bundle of new hardware. Didn’t hurt, but moved at a snails pace. Very self conscious. TSA no problem.

I informed the gate agent i’d had recent surgery and asked if i could pre-board with the old folks. A category i probably fit in anyway. She didn’t hesitate to agree. This will prevent you from standing in line on the jet bridge or get jostled by fellow passengers.

Pack light! Don’t want to lift a heavy rollaboard suitcase over your head.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

formsetter

Postby formsetter » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:28 pm

Thanks for the feed back
we have a very busy life at home and it would help if she was able to stay home to
keep everything going good at home
47 ed for 3 years blame it on finasteride implanted on Jan 3 with cavell
Titian with classic pump 23.0 with .5 RTE
pre implant 7" x 5.5"
6.5" x 5" now hopefully get it all back with cycling

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:41 pm

ThailandBound wrote:Your surgery with Clavell is exactly 1 year to the day of my surgery with him. In fact, i was his first surgery of the new year. (happy new year! btw).

i flew from Miami to Houston and back. Uber’d from IAH to hotel and back after surgery. Uber’d to my hotel after surgery.

All was fine. The nerve block he gives you is a miracle. Did feel odd with that numb bundle of new hardware. Didn’t hurt, but moved at a snails pace. Very self conscious. TSA no problem.

I informed the gate agent i’d had recent surgery and asked if i could pre-board with the old folks. A category i probably fit in anyway. She didn’t hesitate to agree. This will prevent you from standing in line on the jet bridge or get jostled by fellow passengers.

Pack light! Don’t want to lift a heavy rollaboard suitcase over your head.

how much was the cost and how did you pay?

what insurance do you have and is it through employer or is just medicare?

do you know if they take care credit?

Return to “Implants”