Stretch test and ultimate size after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gene308

Stretch test and ultimate size after implant

Postby gene308 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:50 pm

I received my AMS 700 CX implant in October 2018. My surgeon did a stretch test before surgery and his measurement is exactly what I wound up with.

I speak to men contemplating the implant and I advise doing the stretch test for setting some expectations for size after surgery. While I do understand there are medical issues that impact sizing during surgery: pyrones, Fibrosis etc.

There were some men I talked with that seemed like straight forward, no complication candidates that received some what less size than the stretch test indicated. I asked myself why was I different?

This is what I did prior and during surgery that I wonder if it made the difference:

• I stretched my penis using vacuum erection device up until one week before surgery as directed. I continued to “Stretch my penis BY HAND several times a day including the day of surgery. The fact is, under the sheets I was yanking on Mr happy as they wheeled me into the OR.

I am not a medical person, so this is not medical advice. This is from an engineer with some classes in material science. An elastic material that is stretched, under the same, force several times before taking the measurement will usually exhibit more stretch than a non pre-stretched material.

• My surgeon ordered a device that blew hot air over my legs during surgery. Operating rooms are cold. I think we know what happens down under when men get cold. Here again a warm elastic material will stretch more thay a cold elastic material

Most surgeons tell patients that they will “aggressively size” their implant. I am sure they do stretch as much as safety allows during surgery however I wonder if hand stretching the penis and ensuring a warming device is used would help?
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

Drhite

Re: Stretch test and ultimate size after implant

Postby Drhite » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:44 am

gene308 wrote:I received my AMS 700 CX implant in October 2018. My surgeon did a stretch test before surgery and his measurement is exactly what I wound up with.

I speak to men contemplating the implant and I advise doing the stretch test for setting some expectations for size after surgery. While I do understand there are medical issues that impact sizing during surgery: pyrones, Fibrosis etc.

There were some men I talked with that seemed like straight forward, no complication candidates that received some what less size than the stretch test indicated. I asked myself why was I different?

This is what I did prior and during surgery that I wonder if it made the difference:

• I stretched my penis using vacuum erection device up until one week before surgery as directed. I continued to “Stretch my penis BY HAND several times a day including the day of surgery. The fact is, under the sheets I was yanking on Mr happy as they wheeled me into the OR.

I am not a medical person, so this is not medical advice. This is from an engineer with some classes in material science. An elastic material that is stretched, under the same, force several times before taking the measurement will usually exhibit more stretch than a non pre-stretched material.

• My surgeon ordered a device that blew hot air over my legs during surgery. Operating rooms are cold. I think we know what happens down under when men get cold. Here again a warm elastic material will stretch more thay a cold elastic material

Most surgeons tell patients that they will “aggressively size” their implant. I am sure they do stretch as much as safety allows during surgery however I wonder if hand stretching the penis and ensuring a warming device is used would help?

Sounds like you got an awesome surgeon... i think the problem for me and many men, is that, as a grower my intial erection is less than say 40 minutes into sex... optimal full erections were at 6.5. With ED it was less but not like the initial erections on Meds. It would take some time to fully get engorged.

I told my surgeon this, but he didn't care
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

advaita

Postby advaita » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:07 am

gene308 wrote: The fact is, under the sheets I was yanking on Mr happy as they wheeled me into the OR.

Exactly what I did !

gene308 wrote: My surgeon ordered a device that blew hot air over my legs during surgery. Operating rooms are cold. I think we know what happens down under when men get cold.

Exactly what they did !
France - 67 - implanted: November 2021 - AMS 700 CX

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:35 am

Drhite wrote:
gene308 wrote:I received my AMS 700 CX implant in October 2018. My surgeon did a stretch test before surgery and his measurement is exactly what I wound up with.

Sounds like you got an awesome surgeon... i think the problem for me and many men, is that, as a grower my intial erection is less than say 40 minutes into sex... optimal full erections were at 6.5. With ED it was less but not like the initial erections on Meds. It would take some time to fully get engorged.
I told my surgeon this, but he didn't care

Gene308, I'm fairly sure that you know that your dr & mine seem to be buds at some level. My experience is very similar to yours. My 6 week stretch measurement was about .5cm longer than my presurgery stretch test. While I originally doubted the logic behind the stretch test. Overall itspretty close at least in my case.

Drhite, the reason that your dr isn't concerned about your slow to max growing time is because while sedated all your body relaxes. The stretch test is a mere approximation of the final results. If your penis truely does stretch more it should show that when sedated. As you age you run the very real risk of penile shortening. Ved might stop or slow it. But maybe not. Your hesitation isn't benefitting your length like you think it is. Most drs only suggest ved for a few weeks or a couple of months before surgery. Do you ever wonder why they suggest such a short ved routine? Ponder that for a while. Please report back about your theory for the short ved timeline.

Edit to add for Drhite. Sorry, I failed to notice that you're getting a revision. So some of my post isn't revelent to you. But I still think that a patient is sedated for enough time while prep work is done, incision is made. This time should allow your body to relax as much as it can. I would suspect that could be a factor in your drs disinterested attitude.
Last edited by Gt1956 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:18 pm

Good knowledge for those considering an implant. As much as my stretch test was very close to the final outcome it was a shock to see how much length I'd lost dealing with ED. Never used a VED, never did much else for my ED except fight it with pills and injections. When the morning erections stopped is when I should have done the surgery.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:54 pm

My doc never even considered a stretch test nor an artificial erection evaluation as some have had. My consequence was I went from 5.5" (6.5" preED) preOP erection with trimix to 4" post op... so while I understand the logic in relaxation during sedation, I feel the Tunica is purely ligamentous fibrous sheath. And as cycling improves gains, my "game time" normal erections also is better than off the bench cold start, if ya get my drift....

Regardless, I've harrassed my doc with "I told you so's" enough he's willing to do the revision as many high volume docs have been doing... to my advantage this time around Ill be sporting an full pump a day before surgery. Even though with the anyeursimal bulge (1" laterally)... Got close to preop before this bulge.

Fingers crossed
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:52 pm

Drhite, google the AMS install manual. There is some calculations in it concerning the LGX & tunica measuring.
The reason I'm bringing this up to you is it might explain how you might of been "shorted" by about 2cm as I remember the manual.
I recall several members saying that their dr DOES NOT follow this formula. I've ask my drs nurse who is on the surgery team if he follows it. She says he doesn't do it that way.
I don't know if you've been only going to the dr mentioned in your signature. But drs can be notorious for being set in their ways. If he is a lower volume surgeon & doesn't keep up on innovations. He might be stuck in an obsolete process.
No amount of talking will change him if this is the case.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:50 pm

My stretch tests were over an inch shorter than my actual results over a year post op. To me the stretch test of a manual slight pull in a cold exam room is not an accurate estimate. There are some very good publications in the documents worth reading thread in the general discussion section of this forum that covers size loss before, during, and after surgery. I used a VED pre op when I had the time and manual stretching when I did not. After the first week to 10 days the VED seemed to do less than the manual stretching. And for a number of reasons doctors size differently.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Bent Ben

Postby Bent Ben » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:24 am

I didnt get a stretch test and my penis is about the same as it was before. My pubis area is still swollen from the IP incision which makes it appear shorter. This has been going down and I was warned it cld take a year to get back to normal. When I pull back on the area my penis almost gets to the preop 6” I had. The area is still a bit tight though so in an non hand manipulated state my penis is now 5”.
Having a good case of PD made the test difficult to use as a predictor. There is a bunch of info online about PDs effect on implanted size.
I watched many surgeries on Youtube and came to the conclusion that the pre-surgery stretch test was for my comfort and not the surgeons benefit. I could be wrong, Im not to proud to admit that but it seems the way my Dr’s in surgery vids consistently showed him inflating the penis with saline, measuring the penis, opening the body, measuring the crus and distal lengths with a ruler were sufficient to me to believe he was going to get it correct.
I also wonder if men who have suffered with ED have a displaced view of their preop penile size due to looking at it in a VED. Also Tri and Bi mixes give thicker fully engorged erections that could skew visual image.
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

Return to “Implants”