Titan vs AMS - Best for my size and comfort

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

Titan vs AMS - Best for my size and comfort

Postby treetop » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:05 am

I am looking for some opinions as to which maybe better for me..... my pictures and size are in my introduction, even though the pictures are 14 years old, I am about the same size.

Looking to get my implant in June of 2024. -- Planning now so I get it correct !!
Length 6.3 " and Girth 5.75".

---- I have never had an implant... so what I have below maybe completely wrong... please feel free to correct me... :)

Titan Pros - Can be sized better in some cases
Can be pumped up harder
Can have a larger girth than 5.5"
Easier to inflate
Titan Cons - Dog Ears .... :(
Harder to deflate
Length does not decrease with deflation
Can feel crinkles when deflated.

AMS Pros - Easier to deflate
Can shrink in both length and girth when deflated
Less chance of Dog ears or crinkles when deflated
AMS Cons - Has a maximum girth of 5.5"
Harder to inflate
When pumped to maximum maybe less hard than Titan

Also I am wondering if Dr. EID uses both Titan and AMS. And if I will be given the choice.
I don't know if I would change doctors just based on wanting an AMS, but just looking for opinions, and comments from those who have both Titans and AMS.

Thank you in advance !!
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Flounder

Re: Titan vs AMS - Best for my size and comfort

Postby Flounder » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Dr. EID stocks and uses both Titan and AMS
He has working demonstration units of both brands in the waiting room and his office that you can pump-up, release, touch & feel all you like.

When you have your in person pre-surgery exam, he will first discuss your priorities then take you to the exam room to check your size and maybe run a few tests. After that he will give you his expert opinion on which Brand/model is best for your anatomy. For the length and girth you posted, I’m betting the farm that he will strongly recommend Titian. I can say that with confidence because your size is very similar to mine and that’s exactly what happened with me.

Now if you decide to go against his recommendation, he will honor your choice. But you decided to fly across the country, presumably because you want one of the best in the industry to do your surgery. So why would you go to that expense and effort, but not trust his recommendation for the devise that best fits your anatomy?

In summary, It’s good to be informed. But if you’re going with Dr. Eid, there is no need to make a decision until you have his expert opinion.
Last edited by Flounder on Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:57 pm

Flounder,

I don't disagree... I have been thinking about doing this for several years, and always wanted the Titan, but am just a little afraid of what I read about Dog Ears and the pain...

But good post, and yes.... in the end I will do exactly what Dr. EID recommends, and he is my choice. I won't change doctors...
I am happy that he has both, and we can discuss both. At least that will give me more confidence and feel better about my decision since I can see both and make a decision based on that and his recommendation.

Thank you for an honest opinion.!!
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:02 pm

treetop wrote:I am looking for some opinions as to which maybe better for me..... my pictures and size are in my introduction, even though the pictures are 14 years old, I am about the same size.

Looking to get my implant in June of 2024. -- Planning now so I get it correct !!
Length 6.3 " and Girth 5.75".

---- I have never had an implant... so what I have below maybe completely wrong... please feel free to correct me... :)

Titan Pros - Can be sized better in some cases
Can be pumped up harder
Can have a larger girth than 5.5"
Easier to inflate
Titan Cons - Dog Ears .... :(
Harder to deflate
Length does not decrease with deflation
Can feel crinkles when deflated.

AMS Pros - Easier to deflate
Can shrink in both length and girth when deflated
Less chance of Dog ears or crinkles when deflated
AMS Cons - Has a maximum girth of 5.5"
Harder to inflate
When pumped to maximum maybe less hard than Titan

Also I am wondering if Dr. EID uses both Titan and AMS. And if I will be given the choice.
I don't know if I would change doctors just based on wanting an AMS, but just looking for opinions, and comments from those who have both Titans and AMS.

Thank you in advance !!
TT

Titan all the way... I dont have one yet, Monday revision, But I broke my AMS from vigorous sex.

Also, I dont see any benefit from AMS flacid to pumped size change... does nothing to preserve nor regain any size loss.

Lastly, I HHHAAAAAATTTTTE this AMS pump!! The block is so fuckin noticeable and unnatural
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:03 pm

treetop wrote:
…... I have been thinking about doing this for several years, and always wanted the Titan, but am just a little afraid of what I read about Dog Ears and the pain...

TT

A little over a year ago, when I was facing the same questions running through your mind, it seemed “aggressive sizing” was the hot topic here on FT. If someone posted some fear of size loss, the standard answer was; be sure your surgeon sizes aggressively.

So when I sat down with Dr. Eid for my first consult, loaded with all my wisdom from FT, one of my first questions was; do you size aggressively? His response was; “No - I size correctly”. He then explained why aggressive sizing leads to dog ears and glans pain.

About then, I realized this guy really knows his stuff and put my questions away. I let him call the shots and followed his advice through the whole process, even when it didn’t agree with the conventional wisdom here on FT.

To be clear, the first 3-4 months or so I was acutely aware of the Titan. initially it felt stiff, heavy, didn’t fit in my pants well, and simply wasn’t comfortable. But it slowly softened and broke in and now it pretty much feels like a natural part of me. Exception being my flaccid is bigger and I’m a shower now. I learned to embrace that too and I’ve been updating my wardrobe accordingly. No regrets and no dog ear problems here. I believe in part because Dr. Eid sizes correctly.

The point of my story here is to say, i don’t think you need to fear the Titian dog ears if you go with Dr. Eid.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:25 pm

Flounder wrote:
treetop wrote:
…... I have been thinking about doing this for several years, and always wanted the Titan, but am just a little afraid of what I read about Dog Ears and the pain...

TT

A little over a year ago, when I was facing the same questions running through your mind, it seemed “aggressive sizing” was the hot topic here on FT. If someone posted some fear of size loss, the standard answer was; be sure your surgeon sizes aggressively.

So when I sat down with Dr. Eid for my first consult, loaded with all my wisdom from FT, one of my first questions was; do you size aggressively? His response was; “No - I size correctly”. He then explained why aggressive sizing leads to dog ears and glans pain.

About then, I realized this guy really knows his stuff and put my questions away. I let him call the shots and followed his advice through the whole process, even when it didn’t agree with the conventional wisdom here on FT.

To be clear, the first 3-4 months or so I was acutely aware of the Titan. initially it felt stiff, heavy, didn’t fit in my pants well, and simply wasn’t comfortable. But it slowly softened and broke in and now it pretty much feels like a natural part of me. Exception being my flaccid is bigger and I’m a shower now. I learned to embrace that too and I’ve been updating my wardrobe accordingly. No regrets and no dog ear problems here. I believe in part because Dr. Eid sizes correctly.

The point of my story here is to say, i don’t think you need to fear the Titian dog ears if you go with Dr. Eid.

Ok,.... that really helps. I don't mind 6 months, even a year to get used to it. in my mind I imagine something like a plastic straw bent and the sharp ears it creates... but I also realize these devices are made of softer material.

Thanks for the encouragement.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:34 pm

I think I've probably posted my reasoning on FT 5 or 6 times at length, so I'll try to make this brief.

I'm happy that Eid offers both options. From what I've read, many docs don't. One of the many reasons I chose Clavell was that he had access to both products and was very clear on the pros and cons. Someone that only offers one product is going to only recommend that one product. He deferred to my choice as to which one I would prefer for the reasons that were important to me, but in the end our choices matched. I opted for the AMS CX, and Dr. Clavell agreed with my reasoning for ME.

Here's why:
Rigidity- is almost identical. Yes, the Titan can get just a little bit stiffer, but would you buy a Ford over a GM truck that could tow/carry/haul the same load but the Ford had 350 HP and the GM had 340HP? Don't get dazzled by rigidity, which is far beyond what you'll likely need. After being implanted now for 9 months I can say that my wife does not like it pumped to the max, the stiffness can feel unnatural to her and over time repeatedly bump into the wrong spots with little give. We go to about 80% inflation to mimic a real fleshy penis. If she wanted a dildo, those are available, she prefers the more natural feeling. I can assure you that rigidity will be completely acceptable either way (the LGX is less rigid by a larger factor though, so beware of that. I was cautioned against the LGX for that and other reasons)

Flaccid comfort - all seem to agree that the flaccid comfort of the AMS is better than the Titan. No dog ear risk with the AMS. It hangs just like a normal flaccid penis, it's softer when deflated. I'm aware that AT BEST I will have my implant deployed 8 hours per week (yeah, I wish), so that leaves the other 160 hours a week where it'll be put away and I don't want to think about it. I don't want it to crinkle, I don't want it to dog ear, I don't want it to self inflate, I just want to pee and put it away. After 9 months, this is exactly what happens. When I spoon with my wife and just want to be close, there isn't something that feels like an implant between us.

Size - I'll admit that I was not the girthiest dick in the bunch. After 9 months, I'm 7" long fully pumped and 5.5" of girth. This girth increases with arousal, but I've never measured while aroused (I've got other things to do). I don't have a vagina, but my guess is a woman would not be able to tell the difference between 5.5" of girth and 5.75" of girth. That is not much at all. If girth was the name of the game, the guy with a dick like a trash can lid would rule the world. Look at a toilet paper cardboard core, that's 5.5". This is fine with me, and likely a touch larger than I was naturally. When I visited Dr. Clavell for a checkup about 3 months post op, his first comment to me when I pumped myself up was "you've been cycling, your penis is the same girth as a Titan". He's literally seen 1,000+ implanted penises, I've seen one. Keep in mind that your tunica albuginea is what determines your girth, NOT THE IMPLANT. If it was possible to stretch your CC beyond the limits of what God gave you, we would see implants offering differing girth sizing too. We don't.

Pump- I've never had the Titan pump, so my experience is only with the AMS. I do not have dexterity problems, so I didn't choose the pump for that reason. I have read that some of the Titan pumps are noisy and more difficult to identify with your hand, although smaller. Dr. Clavell installed my pump low in my sack and just behind my testicles, while also rotating it so that the deflate button is pointing at 10 o'clock. He asked if I was right handed, and oriented the pump so that my thumb naturally falls on the deflate button when the time is right. The pump inflates and deflates with ease, it takes me 18-20 partial pumps to be completely hard. Just this morning while standing in the bathroom, I noticed that my sack was just about the same height as the counter, so just for kicks I flopped my nuts onto the counter (all 3 of them) and tried to add just one more pump by pressing the bulb down against the marble countertop with my thumb. No can do. Hard as a rock. ;) I have had no trouble at all with the AMS pump, either inflating or deflating. I really like that the AMS pump vibrates when it's deflating, I know without a doubt that the saline is returning to the reservoir and when I squeeze my penis to get the last bit out I know when I'm done. I've read that some docs prefer to go 'back' to the old Classic Titan pump to mitigate some issues with the newer Titan One Touch pump.

I've never had auto-inflation. My penis stays where I "set" it.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Dr. Clavell's comparison video. Especially starting at 9:30, there's a very informative display of him inflating the cylinders side by side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMyIOsHJoUs

So, that's my reasoning for why I chose the AMS, and 9 months in I couldn't be happier. I will say that I would have preferred the AMS CX had a name like "Boner Thunder" or "Gargantuan", or maybe even "Dickzilla". Clearly the Titan has won the PR naming war. :D
Last edited by Jage64 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:53 pm

Jage64,

Good post. Yes I already saw the comparison video. Along with many many others....
And good points, which is why I started this thread.
Lots to think about. In the end, if its a toss up I may go AMS, but most likely the Titan will be recommended. But maybe not.
I do know both get 'Very hard'. so that is not an issue. It will probably come down to sizing. so I just have to wait and see.
But very good information to chew on while I am doing research

Thanks again
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:37 pm

Treetop, you've asked what is almost an unanswerable question. There is just way too many variables between mens dicks to give any reasonable answer.
We're are men so naturally we want the most. Most rigid in this case. You'll quickly find out that almost without doubt you'll be using your implant at less than max inflation. So is the hardest implant actually much of a factor??
If you & your partner have ever used toys. Did she insist on the largest, longest & hardest dildo? Not very likely. So I advise to not use max rigidity as much of a determining factor.
Dog ears. Lots of posts about them. I can tell you that my CX has them. They are not pleasant at all. The CX which is supposed to be "Titan like" as in it treats peyronies but is a little softer. If the CX gets them & the Titan is some marginally worse then it would really suck in my opinion. At 6 months my implant hasn't softened by much. I propose that a better judge of dog ears is the ratio of distal to proxmial measurements. I have a really deep cruz so that might influence my dog ear experience.
Size, be prepared that dicks do shrink as you age. If your 6.3" is very old. I don't think you'll get that. 5.5" max girth with AMS is a myth. I've pledged to not measure until the 1 year mark. But yes, I've cheated. I can not get a toilet paper roll to go over my very flacid penis. With some effort I could twist it onto my penis. This was about 2 months ago. I think I've gained a bit of girth since then. My old girth was in the 6" or slightly less range. I'm a bit short of that by my estmates but as my cycling is going I think my old girth is reachable. Btw, if the Titan is so rigid? There is a chance that you might not have much luck stretching it. Here is the take away on that. If you hope to aggressively cycle for size. You might want to consider an implant that is softer than a Titan.
Pumps, no denying that the AMS pump is large. But it works very well. Even at week 2. Deflation is simple. I would suggest to you that where your surgeon places the AMS pump is important. My pump is higher than I want it to be. Dr says its perfect. Uh, yes its easy to find, grab & pump but I wish it was at least 1/2" lower. He has offered to lower it but I'm thinking that is a decision for the 1 year mark. As I think about my implant. I need to email the nurse. I think he used a pre connected pump & implant. Helps reduce tubing failures. By having a deep cruz. I'm thinking that some of the tubing length was used due to the deep cruz.
Sorry for throwing so much info at you. This isn't like sliding your finger down a list of features between 2 items you're looking at in a hardware store.
Please have an open mind. Know what is important to you. Have at the very least one long discussion with your dr. Be carefull about overly enthusiastic implant owners. Their anatomy, health & needs might not match yours. All the implants sold in the USA will produce an erection that is better than any you had in your youth.
You might want to check with your partner to see what likes & expectations are there.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Bent Ben

Postby Bent Ben » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:29 pm

Dr Hakky told me a few things prior to surgery,
1 I was getting a Titan due to my PD. It would do better correcting the bend
2 He was going IP because he needed the best access to my plaque and that allowed for that
3 If I wanted a preop stretch measurement he would do it but the real measurement would happen on the table.
I genuinely believe I picked one of the best doctors for this procedure and I let him do his job. I was questioning him and my trust for about 10 days post op. 6 weeks later I think he’s a genius and I did the right thing letting him do his job. My wife agrees too!
I will admit at this point the dog ears and stiff flaccid are annoying but they are already getting better. Im telling you when your wife/partner’s eyes are rolled back and she starts speaking in tongues you forget all about the annoyances. :lol:
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

Return to “Implants”