cycling pain titan vs ams

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dentestes

cycling pain titan vs ams

Postby dentestes » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:47 am

For those who have experience with both implants is it noticeable which is easier to cycle and break in? does it make sense that because the titan has more rigidity cycling is going to be more uncomfortable for longer?

Gt1956

Re: cycling pain titan vs ams

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:16 pm

Only owned a CX for 6 months. I can understand your question but in my opinion as far as discomfort goes. I don't think my penis cares if a Titan or my CX is pushing, trying to stretch my tunica.
Yes, there is some minor residual discomfort the next morning. Nothing that I've ever considered taking any ibuprofen for.
As for breaking in the implant. In my case the pump was easy to find & use at 2 weeks. Minimal discomfort. But I've read of Titan owners having similar experiences.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:35 pm

dentestes wrote:because the titan has more rigidity

Are you aware of the amount of difference in rigidity between the two most popular implants? There seems to be WAY TOO MUCH concern and discussion over rigidity on FT recently.

It's negligible. Like 'you can't even tell the difference" negligible. As a matter of fact, in shorter lengths, the CX is MORE rigid than the Titan. If you're trying to determine which implant is best for you, between the Titan and CX, rigidity is of zero concern. I am one of many here on FT that have reported full inflation (resulting in full rigidity) is not optimal for sexual intercourse.

Read this study if you haven't already, there are nuggets of wisdom in it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 20rigidity.

Here are some excerpts if you aren't inclined to click the link:

"Biomechanical studies indicate slightly increased axial rigidity in the Titan® model, although this may not be clinically significant. Otherwise, kink formation, horizontal stiffness, and resistance to three-point flexure were comparable. "

"Wallen et al. looked at the biomechanical properties of three different penile prosthetics, AMS CX and AMS LGX, which are both part of the AMS 700TM line, and Coloplast Titan®. They specifically studied the axial load, kink formation, horizontal stiffness, and resistance to three-point flexure testing on human cadavers. Coloplast Titan® had slightly significantly increased rigidity in horizontal load testing, and increased rigidity in the longest phallus and the phallus with mild PD, as compared to both the AMS CX and AMS LGX. However, in the shortest phallus, the AMS CX had better rigidity "

"The dissatisfaction rate of AMS 700TM CX was lower than both Titan® with a percentage of 2.4% versus 7.7% and 6.6%. Therefore, even with the slightly increased axial rigidity in Titan®, 700TM CX showed a lower dissatisfaction rate "

"At maximum inflation, all 3 implants had similar performance. Differences appear to be most affected by fill pressures. In fact, only the AMS LGX at less than maximum inflation (LTMI) was unable to consistently withstand the roughly 0.9 kg (2 lbs) of pressure for column load testing mimicking vaginal intromission." (which means the Titan and CX were consistently ABLE to withstand the pressure)

"No statistically significant difference in device survival was found. Both devices also provided similar penile strengthening without the need for revision surgery"

"Morgado also compared Coloplast Titan® with AMS 700TM CX. They assessed 55 patients who received either one of the prostheses using the EDITS questionnaire. The study found that there was no difference in satisfaction between patients with Titan® and patients with AMS 700 CX"

"We found little substantial difference between the two types of IPPs, with studies showing inconsistent minor superiority of one over the other."
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:07 pm

I am not sure about the Titan, but my LGX has really made me a happy man. It has all the rigidity a man needs for having sex. Fact I think having too rigid of a penis is not as satisfying as one with a little less pressure. But what has amazed me is the length you get with the LGX. My natural length before was around eight inches, now with the LGX I can get an extra two inches of length. Having sex has been fun and satisfying your partner is very important to both.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:48 pm

RayChez wrote: My natural length before was around eight inches, now with the LGX I can get an extra two inches of length.

You have a 10" dick with a 8.25" (21cm) implant. With at the very least, 2" inside you, you're saying your LGX expands in length at least 4".... You're a medical miracle.

Riiiiight.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:11 am

;)
Jage64 wrote:
RayChez wrote: My natural length before was around eight inches, now with the LGX I can get an extra two inches of length.

You have a 10" dick with a 8.25" (21cm) implant. With at the very least, 2" inside you, you're saying your LGX expands in length at least 4".... You're a medical miracle.

Riiiiight.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:51 pm

It really does not matter, but I have had three revisions and every time they changed the cylinders and rte's. My signature has not been up dated after my first implant and post. But I can see where the person has a right to criticize the post. I would have to check with the urologists records to see what size of cylinders and reservoir he installed on my last revision. All I can say is that I was well endowed before my first implant. Fact I complained to the surgeon that he had short changed me to seven inches, but I was just happy to get an erection, so it lasted fifteen years when the pump failed. But I noticed that there were some problems that were showing and I pointed it out to my surgeon and it was the tips of the cylinders were too short and was causing some erosion. The tip on the right side was like quarter inch below my gland and seemed like it was going to bust to the side. So I had the assistant to the head surgeon do the surgery and did not correct the problem. After several months had gone by I complained again to the surgeon who was suppose to do the second revision, so they done a third revision changing the cylinders again, pump and a larger reservoir. The surgeon told me he had to correct the problem and had done something that was new in that type of surgery.
He also pulled the new cylinders up towards the tip about two inches putting the tips about a quarter inch from the gland tip giving some cushioning. He claimed he also secured the base with rte's, but I did not ask him what size he had installed or even asked for records. So I never bothered to revise my signature information because to me it was not that important. All I can say is this thing is bigger, girth and length. I have cycled just about every morning wood for now close to twenty years and I always cycle stroking outward like when milking a cow and in a semi fashion. From my original in twenty years it has only grown in length about an inch from what mother nature gave me. I should update my signature, but why? I am already 81 and my wife does not have the hormones anymore and it is time to start slowing down anyways.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”