Trimix or Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Kiawahgolf

Trimix or Implant?

Postby Kiawahgolf » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm

39 year old healthy fit male. I have struggled with ED since high school, pills stopped working two or three years ago and been using Trimix for almost a year. While the Trimix works okay I don’t feel the erections are always as firm as they should be yet my erection always lasts too long and I shoot it down. Honestly, I’m just tired of all the shots and planning sex and worried about it staying hard too long which interferes with normal life and makes sex less enjoyable and sometimes impossible if you just want a quickie.

My fiancé is 100% supportive but I’m just not sure if jumping to an implant is the answer if Trimix is working. I know I’ll eventually have to be implanted so in my mind I’m thinking why delay the inevitable if it’s coming either way and sex could be more spontaneous and enjoyable. My obvious concerns are something going wrong with the procedure, insurance not covering some or most of the bill, losing length, and lastly needing multiple revisions down the road.

Thoughts from those of you who have been on both sides of the fence? Thank you!

Witheringhog

Re: Trimix or Implant?

Postby Witheringhog » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:10 pm

Kiawahgolf wrote:39 year old healthy fit male. I have struggled with ED since high school, pills stopped working two or three years ago and been using Trimix for almost a year. While the Trimix works okay I don’t feel the erections are always as firm as they should be yet my erection always lasts too long and I shoot it down. Honestly, I’m just tired of all the shots and planning sex and worried about it staying hard too long which interferes with normal life and makes sex less enjoyable and sometimes impossible if you just want a quickie.

My fiancé is 100% supportive but I’m just not sure if jumping to an implant is the answer if Trimix is working. I know I’ll eventually have to be implanted so in my mind I’m thinking why delay the inevitable if it’s coming either way and sex could be more spontaneous and enjoyable. My obvious concerns are something going wrong with the procedure, insurance not covering some or most of the bill, losing length, and lastly needing multiple revisions down the road.

Thoughts from those of you who have been on both sides of the fence? Thank you!

I would vote for the implant if you want sex more than 2x a week… at least thats what my doc said on the injections, dont use them more than 2x a week. For me that made the choice for me, i have sex 4-7x a week, implant was the only thing that made sense and i couldnt be happier. Now if you only need an erection 2x or less a week then????? Injections are probably fine till they stop working.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Not sure if insurance will cover for that surgery for someone your age. Although I was much older Trimix became unreliable so the best option was getting the implant. I had a rough time healing but I would do it again if I had to. I think besides the unreliable erections with Trimix the side effect of a migraine the next morning made my decision easy.
Yes, you are probably going to need a revision someday down the road. That's the future when there may be better implants and new surgical techniques. If you fight ED for years that is where you will lose length.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:15 pm

I loved Injections in the beginning, but once they became unreliable it was a nightmare of anxiety. I wish I had gone to implant sooner...as soon as the injections were not reliable. Amazing to not worry about losing an erection.

I've already had 3 surgeries! And still I love my implant
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Kiawahgolf

Postby Kiawahgolf » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Trimix still works is the thing but the issue is the quality of erection varies yet the dose it takes to get hard makes the erection last too long… it’s just not fun. I am a mental person though and afraid of how my brain might react knowing I am implanted if that makes sense.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:57 pm

This is how it goes, pills, injections, then implant. Once your erection is not that good with injections, it is time for implant. At your age, a 24/7 working penis is a real fun. Before that check your insurance coverage and surgeons available to you, whether in your area or ones that you can travel to. Selecting a high-volume surgeon is the key to success of your implant. All the best!
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

ctcolantro

Postby ctcolantro » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:45 am

Sorry I'm biased for the implant.. I completely skipped injections (tried it once in the Dr. office) and have zero regrets. If you're a mental person then I would go with a solution that requires less thought, causes less anxiety, and is much simpler in it's function than injecting a chemical.
Implanted 12/15/22. 44. AMS LGX 21+2 Shawn Blick in Phoenix. Happy to share my experiences with anyone who is interested.

Return to “Implants”