My Implant Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
franglais

Re: My Implant Journey

Postby franglais » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:02 pm

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Jerry

It takes up to 18 months to completely heal from an IPP. I believe that your outcome will be much better than you think. Dr. Milam is the best in my book also.

At activation it it only the beginning you should see an increase in size over the next several weeks.

Keep us informed.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Genome

Postby Genome » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Jack.....my understanding is that the AMS will expand over and 18 month period.

However, the Coloplast Titan which I have is made of a different, more rigid plastic (thus better support for larger dicks), and expands very little over time.

I want to be wrong about this. But I am not hopeful.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Yes the Coloplast is different from the LGX and Dr. Milam uses them on the larger guys of 7 + inches.

As I understand it you are only partly inflated at 20 to 30%. The Titan material does expand in girth. My math is rusty but in theory when your implant is activated the girth expansion will force the Titan to its maximum length expansion.

Also at activation your pubic, scrotal and penile tissue will stil be stiff from the truma of surgery. Mine was it took several months for the tissue to completely relax.

This is from an email I had with Todd Doran about glans engourgement:

"We do find that the CS and glans in particular becomes more engorged as time goes on after an IPP. Glad it's happened to you."

A little over a year after my IPP my wife and I were standing in the sun room hugging and kissing (and other fooling around). My CS and Glans got hard. She looked at me and asked if I pumped up the implant, I told her no. She said I did not know you could get hard on your own again. I told her it was all because her, then she gave me that look with here develish green eyes and smiled.

Good Luck. Don't be discouraged healing takes time.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

tmwstw

Postby tmwstw » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm waitng to hear good news on your initial final result at activation ... really hope you dont loose 2 inches. Good luck and keep us posted.

Genome

Activation tomorrow

Postby Genome » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:06 pm

I meet with Todd Doran tomorrow about mid-day. As you can imagine, I am quite uptight and nervous, wondering what size I will be after activation.

As is documented in this thread...and as I will further document it..

Size before implant:

Flaccid : 6 incheslong by 6 inches in girth
Erect: 8.5 inches long by 6.5 in girth

Size after implant...semi erect...not yet "activated" (whatever that really means)

Semierect: almost 6" long and 5.2 inches in girth (smaller than pre-surgery flaccid size)

I predict that it will be almost the same size activated as unactivated because Titans can expand very little. But boy-O-boy do I ever want to be proven wrong.

Does anyone want to make a guess about the size of my post-activation penis?

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Look at the bright side, you now know for sure that it will be at least 6" . That is your absolute worst case. So, I guess ( I'm going out on a limb) it will be more than 6". I hope you can stop worring, as it will be whatever it will be and I hope you will be pleased OR be able to enjoy having a member that you can now use at whatever 6" plus it will be. OK, when my turn comes, I hope I can do what I am saying to you. I wish you the best and truly hope you are happy or at least sorta happy.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Jerry,

Here are more prayers for a safe journey and a good report.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

tmwstw

Postby tmwstw » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 am

Nervous for your result too .. I dont think you will loose much though. It's Dr. Milam .. even Perito didn't mess David up with a Titan and he freaked out at the beginning too.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 am

Jerry
We want the report ASAP!
Paul

Return to “Implants”