'Downsizing' to an AMS?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jump.ship

'Downsizing' to an AMS?

Postby jump.ship » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:23 am

Hey

My penis goes bright red within 5 mins of friction being applied. The most recent explanation (from a dermatologist) is that my skin doesn't like being stretched to its full 6 inches all day long.

If this is correct, my I considering getting a revision to the AMS model so that my flaccid is more like it was pre implant.

On a scale of ridiculous to ridiculous, how ridiculous does this sound?

And is the AMS really like your pre implant flaccid?

Thanks!
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

iwantanewone

Re: 'Downsizing' to an AMS?

Postby iwantanewone » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:29 pm

A little ridiculous until you find out what the cause. Follow my other reply to this issue.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:40 pm

iwantanewone wrote:A little ridiculous until you find out what the cause. Follow my other reply to this issue.

For those readers following this question from a distance who might not have seen the other thread with iwantanewoe's other reply, I think this is the thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23047
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:18 pm

In reading your other thread it doesn’t sound ridiculous at all. I suspected that skin irritation from being stretched all the time was likely.

I’ve seen some of it with the AMS and I’m circumcised so a lot of my sensitive skin areas have been keratinized. Still, I get some red angry irritation on the circumcision scar after a marathon session.

Don’t be in a rush. See if you can get the irritation calmed down using less drastic measures.

The LGX will buy most guys between an inch and an inch-and-a-half. Use me as an example. Before surgery flaccid I was at 3.5”. Erect was just shy of 7 (6.85”). Nowadays with the LGX (23 cm of implant, 18+5) I am 5 1/4”, 5 1/2” flaccid and inflated a little shy of 7”. (17.3 cm, 6.81”)

So yeah, you go with the AMS LGX you will see an increase from deflated to inflated. 1.0” to 1.5” worth. If you had a small flaccid before, the new one is still going to be bigger.

Will that be enough to solve your skin problem? I don’t know.

Is the skin problem severe enough to warrant another surgery? I don’t know.

Could this be brought under control using some aggressive topical usage-zinc oxide, petroleum jelly, lanolin? I don’t know.

If it were me I wouldn’t get in too big of a hurry for another surgery. Given time skin has a way of adjusting to conditions and environment.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:36 pm

iwantanewone wrote:A little ridiculous until you find out what the cause. Follow my other reply to this issue.

Of course. A surgeon would only do it after exploring all other options... and only if they thought it might actually fix the issue.
Uk Based - 39 Years

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:49 pm

Txagq8 wrote:(edited for focus)
Given time skin has a way of adjusting to conditions and environment.

I recall reading that plastic sureons, when preparing a patient for autologous skin grafts (often for burn victims, but that is beside my point) will put subcutaneous "spacer" material under a patient's own (undamaged) skin for a period of time. The skin stretches and is then available to be removed and placed in the place of the damaged skin.

This illustrates Txagq8''s post. Skin will stretch (grow in surface area) to accommodate the body underneath it. It just takes time.

I am a little surprised that we have not seen this more often, especially in aggressively sized implantees and malleable implants which never experience a relaxed/flaccid state.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:56 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Txagq8 wrote:(edited for focus)
Given time skin has a way of adjusting to conditions and environment.

I recall reading that plastic sureons, when preparing a patient for autologous skin grafts (often for burn victims, but that is beside my point) will put subcutaneous "spacer" material under a patient's own (undamaged) skin for a period of time. The skin stretches and is then available to be removed and placed in the place of the damaged skin.

This illustrates Txagq8''s post. Skin will stretch (grow in surface area) to accommodate the body underneath it. It just takes time.

I am a little surprised that we have not seen this more often, especially in aggressively sized implantees and malleable implants which never experience a relaxed/flaccid state.

You think years is a timeframe? Honestly i would wait it out if i thought it would settle. It is odd its not come up more, i agree, given it seems a reasonable complication. And yes regarding sizing aggressively... I am sized aggressively. I have maybe even gained a little length when fully aroused. My penis looks great only for this awful color! I would happily trade an inch in length to get my normal skin back though.
Uk Based - 39 Years

Return to “Implants”