Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alone?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
easymoney

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby easymoney » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:11 pm

I had a mallabble done 6-2023 ... a month later they thought it was infected so they sliced and diced me open from the opening in the urethra clear down midline of my testicles .. in the process they took a wedge shaped bite out of the tissue right under the base of the penis. That was the best thing they could have did for me, it makes the implant look larger and longer as well as pulled my tesicles up out of the toilet water ... lol .. If you have excessive tissue in that area and your dr. can include it as part of your surgery I would advise getting it done unless you like low hanging fruit. My g/f says it looks neater and it feels great also ..

Luther

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby Luther » Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 am

pjt1958 wrote:I think I have this issue. Is it possible for a surgeon to assess this through a video-call? The surgeon I saw in person recently made no comment regarding this. I have upcoming video-call with other surgeons, just want to make sure I get everything done at the same time as implant to prevent risk of infection.

The only person who can assess whether the degree of scrotal webbing you have necessitates ventral phalloplasty is you: in most cases it is solely an aesthetic, and not a medical, problem.

You can ask the doctor if ventral phalloplasty can be performed during implant surgery; one doctor will probably be more positive about this than another. The additional costs will also differ.

Finally, you can ask doctors how often they perform a ventral phalloplasty and what method they use. Not every implant surgeon is necessarily a good plastic surgeon. Patient experiences may help choosing a surgeon. Here are some before and after photos (the doctor in question - G.J. Alter - performs a so-called "Z-plasty"): https://www.altermd.com/before-after/penoscrotal-web/
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

Luther

Postby Luther » Mon May 06, 2024 11:05 am

"Although scrotoplasty can improve patient satisfaction with penile prosthesis, it can lead to increased patient morbidity. Implanters should carefully consider the risks and benefits of scrotoplasty in diabetic patients, because diabetes increased the risk of dehiscence after scrotoplasty."

(dehiscence = when a surgical incision that has been stitched or stapled closed comes open again)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30852109/
https://sci-hub.se/10.1016/j.jsxm.2019.02.001 (full article)
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

pjt1958

Postby pjt1958 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:46 pm

I recently saw Dr. Loh Doyle today for implant and inquired about scrotoplasty. He prefers two incision - infrapubic + scrotoplasty.

Anyone with this experience. It seems to me to make more sense just to go penoscrotal and use the same incision?

I have appointment with Dr. Clavell and Dr. Patel this week for other opinions.
64 with ED for 10 years. Failed pills, not happy with injections. Considering implant

Return to “Implants”