"Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Luther

Re: "Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

Postby Luther » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 am

The pain is tolerable. Initially pain was mostly in the scrotum, now I feel the penis itself is sensitive/slightly painful as well (I hardly feel the reservoir in the lower abdomen). My total pain score has remained the same the last days. I am still taking ibuprofen and paracetamamol (acetaminophen) in the recommended dosages. Tonight I changed ice packs a couple of times to help sleeping.

It is to early to say if I have numb areas. I don't get the impression. One of the things I was worried about before surgery was glans engorgement and sensitivity. The first 24 hours after surgery they left the implant about 80% inflated. The next day it was deflated to about 50 - 60% and I was send home that way; in that state it had about the same size as my pre-surgery flaccid penis, with the exception of the glans, which was much smaller than in my old flaccid state. However, I get the impression that the glans is fuller yesterday and today. Maybe blood flow to the penis is improving, which also may explain why the penis (i.e. the shaft and glans) is now causing some discomfort.

This morning while talking a shower I inflated the implant, masturbated, and was able to climax and ejaculate. Thus, no or limited loss of glans sensitivity appears to have occured. Talking into account that surgery was less than a week ago, things look bright.
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

RayChez

Re: "Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

Postby RayChez » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:14 pm

One week after surgery is too soon to masturbate. Got to let things heal up, you could break the stitching up and if that happens it can not be stitched back. Also you could get an infection. I have had three surgeries. The original implant and two revisions that is over a twenty three year span. The surgeons here in the U.S. say to wait at least four weeks if you are a fast healer before you start playing with it. Wait until the swelling all goes down, incision healed up and stitches removed. Last revision I had was with an LGX which I really like. The surgeon done a perfect job.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Luther

Postby Luther » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. Dr. Eid recommends cycling to max on day 3 after surgery. Is there a great difference between cycling and (gentle) masturbation?

Luther

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:55 pm

Update: 10 days after surgery, recovery still seems to be going well. The antibiotics gave me diarrhea, but fortunately I am now done with the antibiotics.

The pain, swelling and bruising have further decreased. The shaft of my penis has almost returned to its old color and the swelling has disappeared. I therefore measured my penis after inflating the cylinders (and took a photo, see below). The length is 20 centimeters, the circumference 16 centimeters, so -2 cm and -1 cm respectively compared to the measurements before the operation. The appearance and the angle of the erection, as far I can see it now, have not changed.
Attachments
5.JPG
5.JPG (605.62 KiB) Viewed 289 times

Luther

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:57 pm

To be honest, I expected more loss, I haven't even started cycling yet. Even if I don't regain any of my old size in the coming months, I can live with that. Functionality for size; seems like a fair trade.

Still some swelling and discoloration of the scrotum. Tomorrow the stitches will be removed and once also the swelling has disappeared, I'm curious to see what the appearance will be like. At the moment it is not very attractive.

A second aspect that I hope will develop positively over time is the feeling in the glans when fully inflating the cylinders. The glans appears to have retained most of its former sensitivity and ability to swell, but when the cylinders are fully inflated I feel a pressing sensation from within (presumably the cylinders). From the reports of others I understand that this is common and that this (painful) feeling diminishes with time, so I am not too preoccupied about this.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:12 pm

Careful with masterbation and sex until the doctor clears you it in an infection risk.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Luther

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi, thanks for the advice. I asked RayChez the same thing when he gave this advice: why would (gentle) masturbation be a greater risk than cycling (which Dr. Eid's patients already do at this stage of recovery)?

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:34 pm

Luther wrote:Hi, thanks for the advice. I asked RayChez the same thing when he gave this advice: why would (gentle) masturbation be a greater risk than cycling (which Dr. Eid's patients already do at this stage of recovery)?

Do you use lube? If you get ANYTHING on your incision site (lube, vaginal secretions, etc) you are putting yourself at risk. But to answer your question directly If you are gently rubbing like the tip or something without lube and no semen is coming into contact with your incision I think the only risk of masterbating would be potentially injuring your tissue. Cycling early in recovery is different than actually having sex just inflate for 30 mins to 1hr 2x per day.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Luther

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:46 pm

The only incision I have is on my scrotum and is covered with an adhesive plaster (which I replace twice a day after showering and applying disinfectant gel). I don't see how masturbation is a greater risk than cycling.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:54 pm

Luther wrote:The only incision I have is on my scrotum and is covered with an adhesive plaster (which I replace twice a day after showering and applying disinfectant gel). I don't see how masturbation is a greater risk than cycling.

Just what my doctor told me If your incision is protected maybe your fine I would ask your surgeon to be safe though.

Return to “Implants”