3 top Surgeon in the USA

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Antonio1010

3 top Surgeon in the USA

Postby Antonio1010 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Hello guys,

Based on my research I have narrow down the top 3 doctor un the USA. Clavell, Perito, Eid. Luckily Clavell accepts my insurance not the other two which have quoted me almost 40k.

I was going with Clavell anyways because he seems at the very beginning pick of his career. He seems energetic humble and ready to go, and most important very experienced. When I emailed him a cuple of times he always responde back in a timely manner. My only question is the following. Clavell and Eid perform the original method scrotum while Perito infrapubic. I heard that Infrapubic has a faster recovery time and last pain but the tubing may be on the way preventing maximum stretch for the penile length. Any thoughts?

Ciao,

Jage64

Re: 3 top Surgeon in the USA

Postby Jage64 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:12 pm

In my opinion, infrapubic installations benefit the doctor more than the patient. Perito and others tout how quickly they can perform infrapubic installations, and speed equals more patients per day and more money in their pockets. Interesting that Perito is $40k for a 15 minute surgery (his words), and Clavell is half that for a ~60 minute surgery....

During my research phase, I determined that I did NOT want infrapubic, even though a well known Dr. near me uses that technique and would have been very convenient to use. I chose to fly to Houston to have Dr. Clavell perform my surgery and paid 100x out of pocket what my local Kaiser doctor would have done it for ($200 copay versus $20,000+). This is not a surgery you shop price on, it's that important.

Penoscrotal allows for a perfect placement of the pump, and a little more difficult placement of the reservoir. Since I would be interacting with the pump daily, I felt it more important to have that placed exactly where the surgeon wanted it. Infrapubic allows for an easier placement of the reservoir and a tougher placement of the pump in the scrotum. Think about it, the surgeon is placing a pump in your ball sack from a hole ABOVE your dick. I think this is why you read on FT of so many men that are advised to pull down on their pump after surgery....the surgeon couldn't get it where he wanted it on his own, so you have to finish the job. I don't care where my reservoir is, and after the surgery the only reason I know what side it's on is because Dr. Clavell pointed at it. Never any pain, no tenderness, can't even feel it, and my pump is placed perfectly. Only if I go probing around deep around the base of my penis while in the hot tub can I find and feel about 1/2" length of tubing I can identify.

Penoscrotal results in a longer implant being placed. There are studies that say the IP method results in shorter implants due to the angle and measuring style.

Getting to cycling and sex seems to be faster with IP. I was released to cycle at 4 weeks with my PS incision, and sex at 5 weeks due to another incision on my shaft that had to be made because scar tissue was found in one of my tunica. Being released to cycle at 2 weeks or 4 weeks did not seem to me to be a good enough reason to ignore the other factors that concerned me about the IP approach.

IP requires the surgeon to navigate around the extremely important nerve bundle that runs across the top of your penis at your groin. A mistake there could be catastrophic. With the other benefits of PS, I saw no reason to risk nerve damage. Even though that risk is small, there is no risk using the PS method. Some vs none.

PS results in little to no visible scar. The incision is made along the natural line of your scrotum and hidden in the many folds. I cannot tell where my incision was made. The IP incision will be visible in your groin area, especially if you shave or trim close. As a relatively frequent nude resort visitor with my wife, I did not want that scar visible letting other men know I'm a cheater. ;)

Eid has made very clear comments that IP is not optimal. Perito has said that IP can be done super quickly and that's why he likes it. I don't know that Clavell has weighed in on both, but earlier this year when I asked him directly he said he prefers PS without hesitation.

I can report that I had very little pain after surgery. I chose Dr. Clavell for a many reasons, one of which is that he does not use a catheter. Also, his nerve block made me completely comfortable for a 6 hour transit home on an airplane. I never took a painkiller, just alternated Tylenol and Advil. Surgery on Wednesday, home on Friday, at my desk in my home office on Monday. ICE, ICE, ICE.

If you find a doctor you trust, then trust him/her when they recommend one over the other, but educate yourself.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Kalidestroyer

Postby Kalidestroyer » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:33 pm

Eid recommends cycling on day 3 which is faster than anyone I know, peno-scrotal or infra-pubic. His “no-touch” technique has been shown to reduce infection making such early cycling (combined with his vast experience) safe. Im on day 5 post surgery with Eid (implanted on 9/29/23) and just flew back from ny to ca). Off all pain meds and cycling 3 times per day for 15 minutes each. But go with Dr that insurance will pay for. One other benefit of Clavell v Eid (in terms of pain) is Eid uses a catheter for 2 days post surgery as it arguably helps reduce infection/helps healing but (for me) was more painful and annoying than scrotal or penile pain. Your (others’) experiences will differ. There is no real way for us to know who “the best” actually is. They are all good and experienced. Good luck.

misterecz

Postby misterecz » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:51 pm

I would replace Perrito with Dr. Hakky in Atlanta.
Peyronie's From Rough Sex in 2020.
Developed Erectile Dysfunction, Dorsal, & Lateral Curvature.
Treated With Traction, VED, DMSO, & PGE1.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mrecz

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:39 pm

Another vote for Hakky. He’s young and his practice is full of amazing professionals. He sizes as aggressively as he can to give you the best result on size.

I had a previous doctor that did a bad job and Hakky saved me. I’m wider than I was and with cycling I’ll be as long.
Titan 24XL implanted by Dr Hakky on 6/13/23

JetAirliner

Postby JetAirliner » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:10 pm

Would also consider Dr. Petar Bajic (Cleveland Clinic) ... Young with an great staff and great results. Also did some training with Paul Perrito

Antonio1010

Postby Antonio1010 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:10 pm

Jage64 wrote:In my opinion, infrapubic installations benefit the doctor more than the patient. Perito and others tout how quickly they can perform infrapubic installations, and speed equals more patients per day and more money in their pockets. Interesting that Perito is $40k for a 15 minute surgery (his words), and Clavell is half that for a ~60 minute surgery....

During my research phase, I determined that I did NOT want infrapubic, even though a well known Dr. near me uses that technique and would have been very convenient to use. I chose to fly to Houston to have Dr. Clavell perform my surgery and paid 100x out of pocket what my local Kaiser doctor would have done it for ($200 copay versus $20,000+). This is not a surgery you shop price on, it's that important.

Penoscrotal allows for a perfect placement of the pump, and a little more difficult placement of the reservoir. Since I would be interacting with the pump daily, I felt it more important to have that placed exactly where the surgeon wanted it. Infrapubic allows for an easier placement of the reservoir and a tougher placement of the pump in the scrotum. Think about it, the surgeon is placing a pump in your ball sack from a hole ABOVE your dick. I think this is why you read on FT of so many men that are advised to pull down on their pump after surgery....the surgeon couldn't get it where he wanted it on his own, so you have to finish the job. I don't care where my reservoir is, and after the surgery the only reason I know what side it's on is because Dr. Clavell pointed at it. Never any pain, no tenderness, can't even feel it, and my pump is placed perfectly. Only if I go probing around deep around the base of my penis while in the hot tub can I find and feel about 1/2" length of tubing I can identify.

Penoscrotal results in a longer implant being placed. There are studies that say the IP method results in shorter implants due to the angle and measuring style.

Getting to cycling and sex seems to be faster with IP. I was released to cycle at 4 weeks with my PS incision, and sex at 5 weeks due to another incision on my shaft that had to be made because scar tissue was found in one of my tunica. Being released to cycle at 2 weeks or 4 weeks did not seem to me to be a good enough reason to ignore the other factors that concerned me about the IP approach.

IP requires the surgeon to navigate around the extremely important nerve bundle that runs across the top of your penis at your groin. A mistake there could be catastrophic. With the other benefits of PS, I saw no reason to risk nerve damage. Even though that risk is small, there is no risk using the PS method. Some vs none.

PS results in little to no visible scar. The incision is made along the natural line of your scrotum and hidden in the many folds. I cannot tell where my incision was made. The IP incision will be visible in your groin area, especially if you shave or trim close. As a relatively frequent nude resort visitor with my wife, I did not want that scar visible letting other men know I'm a cheater. ;)

Eid has made very clear comments that IP is not optimal. Perito has said that IP can be done super quickly and that's why he likes it. I don't know that Clavell has weighed in on both, but earlier this year when I asked him directly he said he prefers PS without hesitation.

I can report that I had very little pain after surgery. I chose Dr. Clavell for a many reasons, one of which is that he does not use a catheter. Also, his nerve block made me completely comfortable for a 6 hour transit home on an airplane. I never took a painkiller, just alternated Tylenol and Advil. Surgery on Wednesday, home on Friday, at my desk in my home office on Monday. ICE, ICE, ICE.

If you find a doctor you trust, then trust him/her when they recommend one over the other, but educate yourself.

Yes 100%

Antonio1010

Postby Antonio1010 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:13 pm

[quote="Kalidestroyer"]Eid recommends cycling on day 3 which is faster than anyone I know, peno-scrotal or infra-pubic. His “no-touch” technique has been shown to reduce infection making such early cycling (combined with his vast experience) safe. Im on day 5 post surgery with Eid (implanted on 9/29/23) and just flew back from ny to ca). Off all pain meds and cycling 3 times per day for 15 minutes each. But go with Dr that insurance will pay for. One other benefit of Clavell v Eid (in terms of pain) is Eid uses a catheter for 2 days post surgery as it arguably helps reduce infection/helps healing but (for me) was more painful and annoying than scrotal or penile pain. Your (others’) experiences will differ. There is no real way for us to know who “the best” actually is. They are all good and experienced. Good luck.[/quote

Aside all to me the "no catheter" it's a big one. From experience I know how painful it could be.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:44 am

Dr. Carrion in Tampa fl .. at USF .. his father helped invent the implant back in the 70's ... he has fellowships and has taught dr's all over the world on techniques and revisions .. his practice is the largest mallabble implanter in the country .. he just does no toot his whistle or have a large social media presence as many other dr's ..

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:19 am

Clavellian here. 100% satisfied.

I consulted with Dr. Perito and was unimpressed with the cattle car feel of his office operations. Waited 2+ hours to see him for :10 minutes. His waiting room was packed. At the time i thought insurance would cover it. It didn’t, snd st the time he charged $30K+ out of pocket.

At that time i gave Clavell a closer look. I’d thought i’d wanted infrapubic but in our video consultation (unhurried) he explained the reason he exclusively uses penoscrotal. (see Jage 64’s post above for an accurate summation).

Clavell was $10K cheaper and i decided to go with him.

My pump placement and sizing is absolutely perfect. No catheter. Dr. Clavell’s pain management is excellent given the nerve block. I flew home day after surgery with no issues. The implant works like a champ.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “Implants”