Pain in abdomen left side and useful life question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stupid

Pain in abdomen left side and useful life question

Postby Stupid » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:11 am

I'm 9 months post op. Went to gym last week and have pain 4 inches down from bellybutton over to leg, thatis where it hurts. Left side. Anyone have pain there? Equipment area I know....also LGX 18 plus 4 installed. Happy. But wondering what is the expected life of this guy. Does it help to not overuse it? I don't want to go back and get put under. I'm old.
RP 2015. all downhill real fast. 2022 consulting doctor at USC. Apptmt is in November going bionic??

Old Guy

Re: Pain in abdomen left side and useful life question

Postby Old Guy » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:27 am

Can't say why you're having pain. What side did your doc place the reservoir on? Most go to the right I believe. If the pain persists it's time to consult a doc. I have pain in many places, but that's what happens when you get old! LOL
Also can't say how long the implant will last as every situation is different. I say use it as much as you want and hope it lasts 20 years or more.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Kalidestroyer

Re: Pain in abdomen left side and useful life question

Postby Kalidestroyer » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:44 am

Obviously get examined by a dr. However just to chime in on (limited) experience, my reservoir was placed on the left side so the pain is possibly related to the reservoir (if) yours was placed on the left (lower abdomen) side. I just got implanted 5 days ago so have no real experience but from research the lifespan of these devices is very variable. Some last over 20 years (and still going strong) while others last less than 1 year. I speculate that most people come to franktalk to post questions and raise concerns. If the implant is done successfully, it heals, the device works and sex occurring, the franktalk poster often never posts again. So there is a disproportionate number of people who post here who run into issues/problems. I am a prime example. I lurked into this forum without posting once until 2 days before my surgery. Then did a journal and then posted questions and concerns. If all heals and goes well after 2-3 months, Ill probably move on with my life and never post again. Point is, its difficult to get an accurate understanding of how well these devices work from reading the forums here. That said, you may also not get a good understanding from the implant companies or the implanting doctors, who also have their biases. More research is needed.

Hopefully the pain is unrelated to the implant. All the best. I hope everyone’s implant continues to work and hope they develop better implant technology.

Return to “Implants”