Early but not hard enough

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Motnorram

Early but not hard enough

Postby Motnorram » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi folks in week 6 post implant. I started cycling this week but feel like I can’t get it hard enough. Tried sex and it was kinking. How do you know when you are at max inflation. I have LGX so not sure if girth max out first than length. Pump very hard.
55 - prostate cancer 2016. LGX 18cm + 4 cm RTE 8/18/2023. Reservoir herniated revision 8/25/2023 Mayo Clinic AZ.

Lost Sheep

Re: Early but not hard enough

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:14 pm

Motnorram wrote:Hi folks in week 6 post implant. I started cycling this week but feel like I can’t get it hard enough. Tried sex and it was kinking. How do you know when you are at max inflation. I have LGX so not sure if girth max out first than length. Pump very hard.

Welcome to the forum, Motnorram.

At six weeks you should be able to pump up to the point where you don't kink BUT at only your firs week of cycling, you may not be able to squeeze the pump bulb as hard as it takes to get to that point. What limits your ability to pump up?

Pain in your scrotum? You will toughen up the tissues and be able to handle more pressure. Keep trying.

Cannot generate enough pressure with your fingers? How you configure your grip will make a difference. Some hand positions will enable you to squeeze harder than others. Experiment around. I found that (early in my recovery) holding the pump valve body steady with a thumb and forefinger reaching over my penis base allowed me to squeeze the pump bulb firmly without fear of losing my grip and accidentally crunching a testicle. (Which I only did once - fast learner of THAT lesson!) Depending on your pump's position, you may find a different configuration works better. I now use my forefinger squeezing the bulb against the base of my thumb. Sometimes use my middle finger on top of my forefinger if I want more pressure.

Some other limitation? Please let us know.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am

Motnorram wrote:Hi folks in week 6 post implant. I started cycling this week but feel like I can’t get it hard enough. Tried sex and it was kinking. How do you know when you are at max inflation. I have LGX so not sure if girth max out first than length. Pump very hard.

I feel you pain Mot, I had the same problem but I waited till week 8 to try and have sex. I felt I had some bending when I tried to penetrate. Yes, I still had pain in my scrotum, shaft and Glans, but I gave it a shot. The amount of pumps I could get in got better every week, but I still had a considerable amount of pain in my shaft and Glans until the 4th month. Sex got way better the beginning of the 4th month for me. You’ve got to remember that all of us heal differently.
There are different methods for pumping up, try to make sure you use your forearm muscles rather than just your finger muscles to get a good strong pump. You can find an instructional video on YouTube from AMS about your implant and different ways to pump.

Good Luck,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:44 am

I feel your pain Mot, I had the same problem but I waited till week 8 to try and have sex. I felt I had some bending when I tried to penetrate. Yes, I still had pain in my scrotum, shaft and Glans, but I gave it a shot. The amount of pumps I could get in got better every week, but I still had a considerable amount of pain in my shaft and Glans until the 4th month. Sex got way better the beginning of the 4th month for me. You’ve got to remember that all of us heal differently.
There are different methods for pumping up, try to make sure you use your forearm muscles rather than just your finger muscles to get a good strong pump. You can find an instructional video on YouTube from AMS about your implant and different ways to pump.

Good Luck,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:14 pm

After pumping up as much as possible, wait several minutes and you may be able to get in some more pumps. I do that 3 or 4 times and usually am able to pump more.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”