Titan failed after less than 3 year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stewy78

Titan failed after less than 3 year

Postby Stewy78 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi, yesterday my titan touch just failed. The bulb goes fast after a few pumps. I wrote to Dr. Eid that confirmed a tube leak. I already had 3 surgeries in less than 4 years I'm very worry about my future. I'm trying to contact Dr. Eid secretary to schedule a replacement. I am very desperate, the titan lasted less than 3 years, the two previous ams has failed even earlier probably because they're affected by Boston scientific recall. I'm just 35 and I already had 3 surgeries, the next one will be the fourth. I'm really scared about all (money, infection risk, having to travel to us again, future revisions). I'm from Italy, I have no insurance. The implant cost and dr. eid fee should be free of charge because implant is under warranty and Dr. Eid fee should be free (I was told by Eid secretary that dr. Eid does not require his fee is the implant fails before 3 years after implantation). Anyway I should pay anesthesia and operating room, flight and hotel, it will be more than 10000 euro. These implants really sucks. I'm really lost and scared.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

wolfpacker

Re: Titan failed after less than 3 year

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Do you do anything physical that's causing the device to fail? Any aggressive physical exercise that harms the pump or tubing?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Italian2

Postby Italian2 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Vai con il malleabile

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:48 am

wolfpacker wrote:Do you do anything physical that's causing the device to fail? Any aggressive physical exercise that harms the pump or tubing?

I also thought about that. I am an avid cyclist. But when I ride I always put the pump in a secure position, I use a saddle with a middle hole and I don't feel any rubbing in my implant. I also read many members that are cyclist and didn't have problems. Many doctors told me that there are no issues with cycling.

I really hope that it was not the cause, but at this point I fear that it may matters about the fail of this titan tubing.. What is sure is that riding is a big part of my life and having to give up for me is even worst than giving up for sex. I have sex about 1 hour a week, I ride about 13 hours every week.

Italian2 wrote:Vai con il malleabile

Malleable is also in my mind but having an active life and a penis above the average it would be definitely hard to hide it and handle it. I also fear about size loss, but this is a secondary aspect.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:40 am

When I met Dr. Eid in May 2023 he told me that the Titan OTR pump had issues with its tubing causing it to fail earlier than normal. He told me that he had discussed this with the coloplast team who initially did not agree but later agreed off the record that there might have been an issue. I believe you are one of the victims of this. It seems the tubing of coloplast is outsourced to a 3rd party. The issue was since rectified by coloplast it seems. But they will never admit this as an issue cos that will lead to a class action against them.

This is also one of the reasons Dr. Eid advocates using the other genesis pump.

PS: I have the one touch release pump and I hope to not face this issue. Fingers crossed!
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:42 am

Wishing you the best brother, just remember, stay calm, and you are in the hands of one of the best penile implant surgeons in the world.

I recall my surgeon stating to me in Australia that he had operated on someone 4 times over the past 30+ years. And, there was no infection.

Dr Eid should be able to put a 26cm titan in there, which is girthier than the 24cm (as far as I know).

If you can make it through, without an infection, you should be okay. Stress less, you have Dr Eid on your side, no matter what happens, you will be okay.

Keep us updated.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:03 am

atul21 wrote:When I met Dr. Eid in May 2023 he told me that the Titan OTR pump had issues with its tubing causing it to fail earlier than normal. He told me that he had discussed this with the coloplast team who initially did not agree but later agreed off the record that there might have been an issue. I believe you are one of the victims of this. It seems the tubing of coloplast is outsourced to a 3rd party. The issue was since rectified by coloplast it seems. But they will never admit this as an issue cos that will lead to a class action against them.

This is also one of the reasons Dr. Eid advocates using the other genesis pump.

PS: I have the one touch release pump and I hope to not face this issue. Fingers crossed!

When I had the surgery with him in 2020 he didn't said that yet, in fact he suggested me the OTR. I also noticed that more recently he said that OTR has more tubing issues. Probably he noticed that during the last few years. I will definitely ask him the classic genesis pump, I hope that the implant warranty also covers if I decide to change pump type.

aussiePeyronies wrote:Wishing you the best brother, just remember, stay calm, and you are in the hands of one of the best penile implant surgeons in the world.

I recall my surgeon stating to me in Australia that he had operated on someone 4 times over the past 30+ years. And, there was no infection.

Dr Eid should be able to put a 26cm titan in there, which is girthier than the 24cm (as far as I know).

If you can make it through, without an infection, you should be okay. Stress less, you have Dr Eid on your side, no matter what happens, you will be okay.

Keep us updated.

J

Thank you my friend, unfortunately it's very difficult to be calm right now for me.

I also had a scheduled hernia surgery for the next month that now I have to cancel. Fortunately the hernia is on the opposite side of my reservoir. I'll ask to dr. Eid if he can also fix the hernia during the surgery but probably it can increase the surgery time and also the risk of infection.

Additionally my girlfriend doesn't know about my implant, so I had to find another excuse about not being able to having sex for a while.

And I also have a very limited timeframe for the surgery because in Italy it's not possible to request medical permission to have surgery outside europe unless you can prove that the surgery can't be done here. And I have no more holidays at work for this year. Fortunately I work part time and I have a week off every month so I had to schedule the surgery to be able stay in NY just for that week. And who knows about the Dr. Eid schedule.. I hope to receive a prompt reply from his secretary on monday.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:27 pm

hi stewy78, I'm sorry that bad luck is haunting you, I hope the best for you at the next review, I also hope it's not a Titan One Touch problem since I posted it 8 months ago, I also hope it's not normal that these systems break, be they AMS or Titan, one the pumps the other the pipes and we poor users have to suffer overhauls/money/and inconveniences of all kinds, I hope that everything goes well as soon as possible and that your new system can make up for the years you didn't make with the old systems
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:55 pm

Stewy78 wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:Do you do anything physical that's causing the device to fail? Any aggressive physical exercise that harms the pump or tubing?

I also thought about that. I am an avid cyclist. But when I ride I always put the pump in a secure position, I use a saddle with a middle hole and I don't feel any rubbing in my implant. I also read many members that are cyclist and didn't have problems. Many doctors told me that there are no issues with cycling.

I really hope that it was not the cause, but at this point I fear that it may matters about the fail of this titan tubing.. What is sure is that riding is a big part of my life and having to give up for me is even worst than giving up for sex. I have sex about 1 hour a week, I ride about 13 hours every week.

Italian2 wrote:Vai con il malleabile

Malleable is also in my mind but having an active life and a penis above the average it would be definitely hard to hide it and handle it. I also fear about size loss, but this is a secondary aspect.

13 hours a week is a heck of a lot man... if I had to bet, I would guess that could be contributing to the failure. If you have another premature implant failure in the future you may have to make a hard decision on how much cycling you do in the future. I sold my motorcycle and got out of riding because I felt it put too much pressure on the pump/tubing. Just my $0.02.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

New_Member

Postby New_Member » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:10 pm

I agree with wolfpacker. I’ve read here before that there are avid cyclists who have implants without any issues. But these are mechanical devices, and as with anything mechanical, the more use and abrasion it receives, the shorter lifespan it will have. If the pump was never touched, I’m sure it can easily last decades (but who wants one at that point!)
31 years old, sick of taking pills and suffering side effects without guarantee of getting hard
Implanted Titan Touch 22cm with Dr. Clavell 7/5/23.
Pre-Op Stats
BPEL: 6.5"
Girth: 6.1”

Post-Op Stats
BPEL: 7”
Girth: 6.2”

Return to “Implants”